Coca-Cola haram or hallah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca-Cola haram or hallah?

I was wondering the Islamic point of view on coke, or drinks or addictive nature.

So far to me it seems haram as it intoxicates the body. (Uses lots of sugar, damages teeth, plus has Kola nuts which is used as Caffeine (alone is a drug)

Please post your responses, and if you know any other drinks that could be haram I would be very grateful to know

ALSO THE TITLE IS MEANT TO SAY HALAL :)

Re: Coca-Cola haram or hallah?

it's halal, we can't just make it haraam based on our opinions...
    caffeine is not haraam either, like tea, coffee..
    Allah warned in Quran about dnt make halal into haraam. Of course its sensible not to overload on any of these things, so dont drink coke in excess and course damage to ur self, body is an amanah..
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
      it's halal, we can't just make it haraam based on our opinions...
      caffeine is not haraam either, like tea, coffee..
      Allah warned in Quran about dnt make halal into haraam. Of course its sensible not to overload on any of these things, so dont drink coke in excess and course damage to ur self, body is an amanah..

Comment

Originally posted by JulienAllee View Post
        So far to me it seems haram as it intoxicates the body. (Uses lots of sugar, damages teeth, plus has Kola nuts which is used as Caffeine (alone is a drug)
        It's Halal, for the reasons Anna mentioned, but I just wanted to say that a lot of sugar isn't really a bad thing. Sugar is always fun, except in coke form.
        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
        [2:186]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          It's Halal, for the reasons Anna mentioned, but I just wanted to say that a lot of sugar isn't really a bad thing. Sugar is always fun, except in coke form.
          What about the addictive part of coke ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            also a lot of anything is bad right ? everythign should be done in modoration?

Comment

i was thinking about yaa ayyuha annabiyyu limaa tu7arrimu maa a7alla Allahu lak... - oh prophet :saw: why are u making forbidden what Allah permitted for u. (surah tahreem) about the honey issue? obviously not about coca cola.. but jst a point that if something is halal we cant make it into forbidden.
              its not an evidence for permissabilty of coke, but its halal til proven haram in matters of non worship.. and never come accross ne opinion to say that it will be haram

is coke really addictive? i didnt think it is actually, just some ppl get in the habit with it
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

i was thinking about yaa ayyuha annabiyyu limaa tu7arrimu maa a7alla Allahu lak... - oh prophet :saw: why are u making forbidden what Allah permitted for u. (surah tahreem) about the honey issue? obviously not about coca cola.. but jst a point that if something is halal we cant make it into forbidden.
                its not an evidence for permissabilty of coke, but its halal til proven haram in matters of non worship.. and never come accross ne opinion to say that it will be haram

is coke really addictive? i didnt think it is actually, just some ppl get in the habit with it
                thank you again for trying your best to awnser

and,yes coke is very addictive, i was.

also "but its halal til proven haram in matters of non worship" i thought if you dont know its best to stay away?
                Last edited by JulienAllee; 24-10-08, 11:51 PM.

Comment

thats true aswel but it dnt mean u can declare it haram cos u have a doubt in it...

if u personally have a coke addiction problem its prob better if u do avoid it then insha allah?

Comment

thats true aswel but it dnt mean u can declare it haram cos u have a doubt in it...

if u personally have a coke addiction problem its prob better if u do avoid it then insha allah?
                    yeah true, never said it was harram but just wonderd due to reasons ive stated. also then if you cant call it haram can you clain it halal then?
                    Last edited by JulienAllee; 24-10-08, 11:54 PM.

Comment

well yeh cos it is halal according to what i hav heard

Comment

coke doesnt have any haram ingredients.. neither does it intoxicate u like alcohol does n i dont think it harms the body or destroys the body as such, (i.e cigarettes/drugs/etc)... therefore it isnt haram. these are some of the factors mentioned in qur'an that scholars have used to deduce which types of products are halal/haram to consume.

anything can be addictive if u have too much of it... just like tea or coffee for example, but that doesnt make it haram. u could be totally addicted to coffee but just because you r, does it mean that it should be made haram for everybody else who only drink it in moderation?

moderation in everything is the key thing to remember.

the coca-cola company on an ethical n moral level on the other hand, is a seperate issue... many people boycott the coca-cola company because of its israeli links.
                        Last edited by ajnabee; 25-10-08, 12:32 AM.
                        "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                        ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

Whoops!
                          It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                          -Muslim

Comment

:start:

:salams

Halaal and Haraam in Islam are what is stated to be so, specifically by Allah or revealed to His Messenger :saw:. This basically means two things:

1) Whatever is specifically Halaal or Haraam has either been recorded in the Qur'an or in the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad :saw:.
                            2) Nothing else can be deemed Halaal or Haraam.

Yes, in Islam it is advised that if something is unclear, it is better to stay away from consuming it or taking part in in, or whatever, but this does not make it Halaal or Haraam. Besides, when something is unclear like this, and it is neither something you must do or something recommended, it is given the term Mubah.

After the Qur'an and Hadith, so basically after the departure of the Prophet :saw: from this world, there were many issues that arose that hadn't been dealt with outright. These issues were dealt with reflecting upon the Qur'an and the Hadith, and so things were given further terming; for no one could say something is Halaal or Haraam (for the reasons stated earlier). But, because they had reelected upon the Qur'an and Hadith before coming to a conclusion, based upon what they found, they would term different things with different terms.

Here are the ones we have discussed and some more:

Halaal - Permissible.
                            Fardh - Obligatory.
                            Wajib - Obligatory.
                            Mustahab/Sunnah - Recommended.
                            Mubah - Neither recommended or obligatory (or sinful).
                            Makruh - Disliked.
                            Makruh Tahreemi - Strongly disliked.
                            Haraam - Impermissible (you must abstain from this).

[Thought this may help, putting it simply like this helped me once upon a time.]

:)
                            Last edited by Soliloquy; 25-10-08, 12:59 AM.
                            Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                            O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لا تُحَرِّمُوا طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَلا تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ

O you who believe! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, but commit no excess: for Allah loves not those given to excess.

(al-Ma'idah: 87)

قُلْ مَنْ حَرَّمَ زِينَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي أَخْرَجَ لِعِبَادِهِ وَالطَّيِّبَاتِ مِنَ الرِّزْقِ قُلْ هِيَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا خَالِصَةً يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ كَذَلِكَ نُفَصِّلُ الآيَاتِ لِقَوْمٍ يَعْلَمُونَ

Say: Who has forbidden the beautiful (gifts) of Allah, which He has produced for His servants, and the things, clean and pure, (which He has provided) for sustenance? Say: They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, (and) purely for them on the Day of Judgment. Thus do We explain the signs in detail for those who understand.

(al-A'raf: 32)
                              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                              X