X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echinacea Tea

anyone drink this tea?

what do you think?
    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Re: Echinacea Tea

As far as i know it's used as a medical tool. Good for your skin and strengthens your immune system.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Erm i sell it at work :S i havent drank it tho, ask anna she normally drinks healthy stuff like that, me - im always about the fizzy stuff :D

Comment

I drink it once in a while - apparently it's good for colds but I've never been able to prove it (a bit like homeopathy - except that this does have some medical basis )
        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
          As far as i know it's used as a medical tool. Good for your skin and strengthens your immune system.
          yes i read it is also a blood purifier, any other medicinal affects?

Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
          Erm i sell it at work :S i havent drank it tho, ask anna she normally drinks healthy stuff like that, me - im always about the fizzy stuff :D

lol @ fizzy, yeh i hope she sees this thread. I have drank it but with that and raspberry (Twinings formula), i wa asking because i had never heard of echinacea before...

Originally posted by Joha View Post
          I drink it once in a while - apparently it's good for colds but I've never been able to prove it (a bit like homeopathy - except that this does have some medical basis )
          lol, yes i was reading about the colds and flues thing, some peolpe say it works for them and others say it doesnt, maybe it doesnt work once the flu is there but is more effective if you drink it regulalry BEFORE the flu arises, hence you being stronger to ward it off?
          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by Niqaabi View Post
            okay here i am :D but hvnt drank it sorry. i used to take echinacea tho my mum recommends it to prevent colds & boost immune system etc

yeh the tea i wd prob drink one with echinacea & raspberry together to giv a better taste, altho i find the echinacea taste ok if u just hv some drops in water. u get used to it, it tastes like trees :p
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Its lovely and very healthy! there is a wholefoods health shop near my work and I awlays buy herbal teas from there, we bought Enchinea with green tea and it is :up:

here are some benefits:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/echinacea-000239.htm

http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-te...-benefits.html
              Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                okay here i am :D but hvnt drank it sorry. i used to take echinacea tho my mum recommends it to prevent colds & boost immune system etc

yeh the tea i wd prob drink one with echinacea & raspberry together to giv a better taste, altho i find the echinacea taste ok if u just hv some drops in water. u get used to it, it tastes like trees :p
                yeh its ok taste wise....unlike green tea!

Originally posted by muslimah85 View Post
                Its lovely and very healthy! there is a wholefoods health shop near my work and I awlays buy herbal teas from there, we bought Enchinea with green tea and it is :up:

here are some benefits:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/echinacea-000239.htm

http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-te...-benefits.html
                but these herbal teas, they arent totally natural are they? i.e. something of goodness is taken away when they process etc no?

Comment

mayb the leafs have got more goodness than the ones from the bags
                  sis green tea is nice!! mayb try the ones with the flavours like green tea n jasmine, gives it more taste

oh btw, wrong thread but yday i went iceland to check if they had that wispa offer. i cdnt see any wispas at all?
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

mayb the leafs have got more goodness than the ones from the bags
                    sis green tea is nice!! mayb try the ones with the flavours like green tea n jasmine, gives it more taste

oh btw, wrong thread but yday i went iceland to check if they had that wispa offer. i cdnt see any wispas at all?

i try not to mix other things in my teas, i like to drink them as i bought them, it makes me feel im contributing to diluting the goodness of it further!

hmmm strange about the wispas...might check on the weekend inshallah, jazakallah for doing that sis!

Comment

u can buy it with the flavour already within it
                      yeh lemme kno if ur iceland has it, i havent seen ne in shops yet n i wna hav one!

Comment

u can buy it with the flavour already within it
                        yeh lemme kno if ur iceland has it, i havent seen ne in shops yet n i wna hav one!

yeh i dont mind drinking it like that

yeh will defo tell you if i find them.....not sure there will be any left for you though......*grin*

Comment

not really MG! Just by putting it in a tea bag makes consumption easier? theres no way the goodness can be removed as hardly any process takes place?

Its about convenience, no one has time to go leaf picking or buying natural leaves :p as they tend to deteriorate quicker, :)
                          Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                            yeh i dont mind drinking it like that

yeh will defo tell you if i find them.....not sure there will be any left for you though......*grin*
                            omg! u have gone thru so many i think since they came out, and ive had not even one!! :(

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah85 View Post
                              not really MG! Just by putting it in a tea bag makes consumption easier? theres no way the goodness can be removed as hardly any process takes place?

Its about convenience, no one has time to go leaf picking or buying natural leaves :p as they tend to deteriorate quicker, :)
                              really? i have it everyday for the last two weeks, is that two much (the Twinings one Echinacea and Raspberry) is that bad?

omg! u have gone thru so many i think since they came out, and ive had not even one!! :(

i am so misunderstood....*sad*

i just saw my sis trying to eat one without me looking but MG smells the wispa bar from far far away......guess who had half *grin*

Comment

Working...
                              X