Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Eye Niqab

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    well ppl just stare cos they are losers, they cant see anything of us :p ppl try to use that logic for normal niqab aswel, but then if we want to blend in with the society we wd have to wear all these tacky fashions that non muslim girls wear. ewww no thanks :p
    i wd rather wear a one eye niqab than that ne day, altho i think i wil stick with my two eyes :D
    Do you wear niqab all the time? Do you wear it outside London? Have you ever had a problem because of it? Do people stare at you when you wear it?
    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by kako12 View Post
      here is the article for your reference

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7651231.stm

Also i have heard some sahaba were of this opinion. Any scholar want to elaborate?
      It's not that the one eyed niqaab is favored, it's just that alot of gulf women are putting on tons of eye make up (ie. false eye lashes, shadow, colored contacts etc) under their niqaabs, unfortunately, i've seen this myself living here...that's where the 'seductiveness' comes in...its not the eyes themselves being seductive and that they need to be covered, it's what the women do with them (are they putting on make up? are they lowering their gaze?)...better plain hijab with a natural face, then niqaabed with a ton of eye make up, it defeats the purpose of it...or just go with niqaab minus eye make up, that's not that difficult.
      The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
        Do you wear niqab all the time? Do you wear it outside London? Have you ever had a problem because of it? Do people stare at you when you wear it?
        yeh i do, but havent worn it outside london cos i started wearing it quite recently and i dont travel alot. i dont hav ne problem alhamdulillah.
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous2008 View Post
          What's seductive about only seeing the eyes?
          The eyes are the windows to the soul. If you have an interesting pair of eyes and a stare is maintained it opens up the imagination of the bro. Sometimes not having anything for the imagination to run with makes the imagination run further than usually possible.

Having said that though a brother will never be able to truly imagine what the sister is like underneath as there are a million different possibilities.

I believe the general theory may be if the eyes are beautiful the rest of the woman is beautiful.

Hence the reason why the women need to have no eye makeup which includes kohl. If anyone was to read the ahadith on the application of kohl it was for medical reasons which was done before the person went to bed. Not when they first got up.

Secondly women need to learn to lower their gaze when wearing niqaab. Just cos you wear niqaab dont mean youre invincible. Darth Vader like ye. It dont work like that. Just cos people cant see you dont mean they cant see you staring because they can still see what you do with your eyes.

So to summarise niqaabis aint darth vader and they need to keep all their other intentions in check.

There is a poet who describes the kind of reaction brothers may get although its not meant for that the last part may be applicable lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC3dcSe3Tw0

And yea brothers respect the sisters and dont stare at them either. Make sure those "mashAllahs" are for the fact the sisters are so pious. Not because they make your imagination run wild. They can only do so much ye. Brothers got hijab too

Comment

:rotfl:
            Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
              sorry but that argument is weak. even if you wear a niqab with both eyes showing people will stare at you. If you wear a jilbab people will stare at you, if you wear hijab people will stare etc. So does this mean you simply take it off and start wearing what people around you wear in order to fit in and not attract attention ?

ofcourse not.
              :eek3: what on earth are you on about? I was refferring to people looking cos it probably looks ridiculously stupid!
              Theres nothing wrong with normal niqaab- dont wear seductive eye makeup or wear a niqaab with that see through fabric so people cant see your eyes. Wearing something that looks like a pirates eye patch is being madness in my opinion.
              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                u could always wear a pirate's eyepatch
                I take it this is something you may be willing to try sister? adds more mystery and individuality I guess.

Might want to change this banana niqabi to having one eye too:hidban::hidban::hidban::hidban:. Mind you in general bananas dont come with eyes to begin with:(

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous2008 View Post
                  What's seductive about only seeing the eyes?
                  trust me if u are in a country where u cover ur whole body EXCEPT your eyes then guys just wana checkout ur eyes!!!!!

Comment

i read something awhile ago about showing one eye to help u get where u are going, in yemen the traditional yemeni women wore these huge shawls over their entire body, held the front together with one hand, only revealing one eye to see ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by kako12 View Post
                      I am a brother lol
                      asalamu alaykum

ooooppppssss.....sorry akhi
                      ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

I've never seen a one eye niqab but some of the Ummahaatul Mu'mineen would only leave one eye open to see the road. so really thats what should be done. but in nowadays, the triple layer niqab can be used to cover both eyes, even if you just use 2 layers your eyes will be coverd. **thumbs up**
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                          :eek3: what on earth are you on about? I was refferring to people looking cos it probably looks ridiculously stupid!
                          Theres nothing wrong with normal niqaab- dont wear seductive eye makeup or wear a niqaab with that see through fabric so people cant see your eyes. Wearing something that looks like a pirates eye patch is being madness in my opinion.
                          Be careful what you talk about since the one-eyed niqaab or the view of leaving one eye or two open was mentioned by the scholars.

Ibn Abbas Radiallahu Anhu, who was one of the most knowledgeable companions of the Rasulallah whom He Sallilahu Alayhi Wasalaam made dua for saying 'Oh Allah, make him acquire a deep understanding of the religion of Islaam and instruct him in the meaning and interpretation of things.' Ibn Jarir Rahimahullah with an authentic chain of narrators has quoted Ibn Abbas Radiallahu Anhu opinion was 'that the muslim women are ordered to cover their head and faces with outer garments except for one eye.' This is authenticated in the book 'Hijaab wa Safur' by Shaykh ul Islaam ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah on page #55 & 60.
                          "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Btw i do believe i have seen it before.
                            "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

i came across this;

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

on this site;

http://muttaqun.com/niqab.html
                              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X