How do you treat acne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you treat acne?

My face is starting to outbreak with zits. What are your treatments for acne? Any secrets you want to share?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: How do you treat acne?

No more burgers. No more fries. No more potato chips. No more Coca-Cola. Try not to eat too much oil. Actually don't eat any oil. You know what, just don't eat. Fast for a few days :p
    " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

lol. Yeah, nice idea. Fasting is ace. :D

Comment

i think drink alot of water it shud purify ur system, like a detox.. no junk n loads of water like friday said
        if its really bad i think u cd get something prescribed from doctor, there were some topics on this b4 people have mentioned the product names. search it inshallah cos i dno
        erm also if u used face masks regularly it shud help keep ur skin nice, but i guess guys wont wna do that :p
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:salams

Apparently chocolate and anything with too much sugar, can be bad too, although I never had acne, so I wouldn't know :D
          "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
          (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

it may be a reaction to stress?

keep your face clean..wudhu will help

drink lotsa water and stay away from fried food

Comment

:start:

:salams

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
              My face is starting to outbreak with zits. What are your treatments for acne? Any secrets you want to share?

Water- stay in a constant state of Wudhu and drink water and eat natural food- like honey! & fruit & veg :insha: it will be okay :)

:wswrwb:
              Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Actually too much washing (soaps)can
                cause ache and bad skin.
                Really all you need is cool water to gently wash
                off salts and sweat.
                (unless you wear lots of makeup)

All soaps go though saponification, which is
                harsh for skin and can damage the skins
                natural protective layer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saponification
                When you take off the skins natural protective layer
                it will lead to oxidation of the pores which will
                cause blackheads, which in turn can lead to infections.

-Don't be harsh when wiping your chin,
                forehead etc., it can have the same effect.
                (incl. too much sun)
                -Stay away from the commercial products.
                -If your protective layer has been damaged
                try pure shea butter to restore it.
                -for full blown infection, spot treat with
                :
                http://www.rxmed.com/ACNOMEL.html
                (under $5, available from your Dr. or pharmacy)

Last edited by Leena_Cnd; 17-10-08, 12:57 PM.
                "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it,
                wait for the Day of Judgment."

Comment

I take Zinc tablets and Vit C, drink lots of water and try to eat more veggies and fruits when I find them zits starting to appear...they clear up real fast when I do this, in a week tops...try not to squeeze or pop anything, don't even touch your face, you'd be transferring germs and making them flare up more.

Also before u go to bed, put calamine lotion on your zits and wash it off after u wake up, it helps reduce the redness and dries them up, you can also use calamine lotion during the day if you're staying home. Use face washes and moisturizers that are aimed for sensitive skin, and don't wash your face with soaps/cleanser more than twice a day, otherwise your skin would end up all irritated and dry.
                  The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

I agree with tickledpinko's advice, although I tend to avoid using moisturiser when I have spots cos' that seems to worsen them a bit. Treating acne can depend on the cause. Sometimes it is stress induced whereas other times I think it can be a physical process such as an allergic type reaction so it helps to try and stay healthy by avoiding junk foods, eating more vegetables, drinking more water and stuff like that. In quite severe cases of acne it needs to be treated by antibiotics. Wash your skin regularly (once every day or two should be about right) and cleanse it. Tea tree oil toners are good but very strong so use it sparingly and any of these facial products (cleansers, moisturisers, soaps, face masks etc) should be for sensitive skin.

In China, there's a concept called "yin and yang" foods but in the subcontinent they're referred to as "garam and tanda" foods which basically mean foods which raise or lower the body temperature (someone once mentioned here that these categories of foods are mentioned in hadith as well). Generally it is thought that 'garam' foods raise the body temperature making it more itchy and prone to spots and rashes (this happens with my own skin too), but they're also warming foods which is why you can get away with eating them a little more in the colder winter months but if you eat them more in summer months then it can make you even more susceptible to skin problems. In such cases, it is better to eat more tanda (cooling) foods (such as cucumbers, yogurt, spinach etc) and cut down your intake of garam (warming) foods (such as nuts, spices, fish and eggs).
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

When I was younger I used to just wash my face and then swab it with a cottonball soaked in 3% hydrogen peroxide. Worked for my kids too
                      I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum brother, http://www.celebrityskincare.co.uk/i...17393_mini.jpg

This is something that exfoliates your skin
                        It's works really well! (I tried it) You'll see quick results, insha Allah if you do plan to buy it, if you can brother
                        You can find them at the store Shoppers Drug Mart
                        Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                          How do you treat acne?
                          Treat them with love, we should be kind to little creatures :)

Comment

Originally posted by Debater View Post
                            Treat them with love, we should be kind to little creatures :)
                            looooooooooooool :p
                            Gone

Comment

Originally posted by tickledpinko View Post
                              I take Zinc tablets and Vit C, drink lots of water and try to eat more veggies and fruits when I find them zits starting to appear...
                              I take lassi and ispaghul when I have a stomachache..

Comment

Working...
                              X