Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't wanna study art...

Originally posted by truepath View Post
    well I would have suggested to do an islamic studies bachelors degree course like many people (sisters) have done. but i dont think u can switch now or even after 1 year from arts to islamic studies s:

like muslimaah is doing a 3-4 yr course in some london islamic school

PS: even tho it made you think which was good thing... but i think it stretched a bit too long... not sure if u can fix it now or if its too late. but I had these fears... people love art.. but when they develop love of deen and start to draw themselves closer to the deen... its natural and automatic that they dont tend to love art anymore.... its normal.
    I do love my deen! I love Allah (swt) and I wanna learn all about Islam, everything there is I can find! I just wanna eat it all... :o but like... put it in my brain..

:jkk: for responses. I'll reply proper in a bit.

Comment

that wasn't even a commerce problem *sigh!*
      omg. it totally was!

commerce >>> management >>> HR >>> which im majoring in <<< promotion <<< management deals with it <<< goes to HR for paperwork and legal stuff

see....
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
        omg. it totally was!

commerce >>> management >>> HR >>> which im majoring in <<< promotion <<< management deals with it <<< goes to HR for paperwork and legal stuff

see....
        lol *sigh*
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

lol *sigh*
          as usual, gucci is right
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
            It's never too late to study the Deen, InshaAllah.
            tru, i remember i ws told this story about a man, he never knew tajweed, and at the age of 80 he used to go to tajweed classes

(sorry just had to add that in)
            check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
              as usual, gucci is right
              uh huh

yeh whatever! :p

dont wanna hijack scribbles thread

Comment

Originally posted by .: emerald :. View Post
                :wswrwb:,

:D of course you can!! :love:

sis, look at what you're interested in, then pick out courses of study that you'll enjoy and think you'll excel in and just pick one! :D it doesn't matter what you study now, you can always choose something entirely different at University! its all about your willingness and interest :)

there are however, some degree's that you won't be able to choose if you want to go straight into University next year, for example: the medicine related courses predominately require you to have Bio, Chem and Science related A levels. Some Law courses also require students to have done Law at A level and the same for others, unless you want to take another year out to do more A levels? you must remember that these courses won't even be an option for you.

But Silly! :p you're not being daft look at me for example :p I did Applied Business (2 A Levels), Sociology and English Lit for my A Levels and now I'm in my first year of doing Islamic Studies & Arabic - Completely different! :D Alhamdulillah though, Deen related studies is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do :o and I take this degree as a start to that Insha'Allah

There's so much you can do sis, now you've just got to choose what it is you seriously want to study :up: always try to be realistic, in terms of meeting the grade criteria but more importantly, think about what it is you want to do with this degree ? what career routes (if any) are you looking to go into?

you just need to look into the subject areas you're interested in and see if you'll be able to do them, not all degree programs have subject prerequisites! trust me sis there are loads that don't! :D Good grades will open up many doors of opportunities for you sis :love: try your best and I'm sure you'll get where you want to go in life Insha'Allah :D

hope that helps ;) x
                It does help sis, I wanna learn about Islam, I got that bit sorted. :D Everything and anything that I don't already know, and if I do know I wanna refresh my memory.

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                Well for a start, you only have 9 months to go to finish, so finish it. After that of course you can go and study something else. For instance Islamic Studies doesn't have many prerequisites. You can learn some basic arabic and then go and do a degree in that. You can go and study history if you like...really the opportunities are endless.

edit: I see emerald has put up a good post.

Yea, end of the day - you can do pretty much anything except pure science, medicine and engineering.
                That's alright then alhamdulillah, I don't wanna do science medicine or engineering. :p

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                wasalam!

u know wot sis...islamic studies is the best thing u cn do! so if u wna do tht go ahead...will gud be for your akhira and dunya!

whatever you do i wish u all success!
                :jkk: Sis, I know it's the best, that's why I wanna do it! :inlove:

Originally posted by .: emerald :. View Post
                :salams,

Also remember that the courses that are available to you, depend on the University you
                want to go to.

I'm not sure if you can still do this, but apparently, if you seriously want to take up medicine, you can join a foundation year with Bradford University :) without having done any Science related A levels! and then if you pass that year, you have the opportunity to be moved into the first year of Medicine at Leeds!

Its very competitive but I know a sister who has done that Masha'Allah :) but thats IF you want to do Medicine :p something I've always been discouraged to take up because of the number of years and the whole studying at University for women thing :o lol

@)
                :jkk: sis, you're such a help. :D

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum Scribbbbs:love:
                  Yay that sounds like such a cool idea mashAllah and if you're up for it then you should go for it.Do you know the places that do the course you want to do?If so,give them a ring and speak to the admissions tutors and explain to them your situation and I am sure they'll be able to give you a hand.And re: your art,don't drop out or anything keep at it until the end of the year:)

Comment

Right, alhamdulillah, taken my first steps. Sent off an email to my tutor, inshallah a meeting tomorrow where we can discuss what I wanna do for my future. :freedom:

Oh and Istikhara, :jkk: Emmy!

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
                      Right, alhamdulillah, taken my first steps. Sent off an email to my tutor, inshallah a meeting tomorrow where we can discuss what I wanna do for my future. :freedom:

Oh and Istikhara, :jkk: Emmy!
                      definately do istikhara sis

remember art is something you are clearly very talented at...and even if you dont study it to a higher level..its a skill you can always enhance by doing courses and experimenting..so even by not studying it further means you can continue with it as a hobby..and will probably love it even more :)

think about exactly what you want to do...and there is always a route you can take..some may take longer...but then the outcome is always sweeter :)

Comment

u can become a creative director

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                          u can become a creative director
                          Initially that's what I wanted to become! But I dunno...

You see I could have been:

* Illustrator working freelance
                          * Art/creative director
                          * Graphics designer
                          * Animation stuff (:p dunno what, but something with animation)

Oh I don't know, I want to do Islam! Now look, you're making me wanna do art again... :( God I'm so confused!

Comment

Initially that's what I wanted to become! But I dunno...

You see I could have been:

* Illustrator working freelance
                            * Art/creative director
                            * Graphics designer
                            * Animation stuff (:p dunno what, but something with animation)

Oh I don't know, I want to do Islam! Now look, you're making me wanna do art again... :( God I'm so confused!
                            lol confused soul .......... smack phoenix!

Comment

No, I'm going to learn about my deen, everything Inshaallah, just gotta perform istikhara, but I'm going to look into finding courses etc

Comment

No, I'm going to learn about my deen, everything Inshaallah, just gotta perform istikhara, but I'm going to look into finding courses etc
                                sis, if your in london- theres tayyibun institute- they do three months short courses

if your luking long term basis there are alimah courses
                                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X