Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't wanna study art...

:salams

I'm serious. Final year of college, I'm studying multimedia... What a daft decision. Yeah, art is ace, yeah, I love art, yeah... but it's hardly doing me any good is it? :(

Can I complete this year, and then go off and study something else?

Anyone with experience or any advice that have done something similar like this?

I wanna learn about Islam...

:( I'm not being daft, I'm being serious... :( I made a stupid decision when I started college... What should I do?

I have actually been thinking about this for some time now. So it isn't just a spur of the moment decision.

Re: Don't wanna study art...

hmm i remember a thread you had few months ago on which u were insisting to go to a better univ away from home and study there as that was a good univ about art isnt it?

now u totally regret the decision to study art
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
      hmm i remember a thread you had few months ago on which u were insisting to go to a better univ away from home and study there as that was a good univ about art isnt it?

now u totally regret the decision to study art
      Well things have changed! See knew people would be like 'well you said this and you said that'... :(

I know I said this and that but that was before the summer holidays where I got a chance to think about what sounded realistic. I liked the idea of moving away because it was a new idea and I was like 'wow... I can get in to there?' ... Know what I mean?

Anyway, go away if you're gonna be spamming my thread, I want help or people who have been in a similar situation! :D

Comment

lol

join commerce

its the best :inlove:
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
          lol

join commerce

lol no its not!

Comment

lol

join commerce

Huh? :(

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
              lol no its not!
              oh yeah, well its because of my half-commerce degree i solved your promotion problem

Originally posted by scribble View Post
              Huh? :(
              business? :p management, adminstration, accounting, finance? :p
              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

oh yeah, well its because of my half-commerce degree i solved your promotion problem

business? :p management, adminstration, accounting, finance? :p
                that wasn't even a commerce problem *sigh!*

Comment

Tain't a joke! Ask urby and Hiking I'm serious!

That thread I made before truepath, I think it was brother RashidD who made the comment something like 'how is that going to help you deen wise' and know what? It made me think!

Comment

Tain't a joke! Ask urby and Hiking I'm serious!

That thread I made before truepath, I think it was brother RashidD who made the comment something like 'how is that going to help you deen wise' and know what? It made me think!
                    well I would have suggested to do an islamic studies bachelors degree course like many people (sisters) have done. but i dont think u can switch now or even after 1 year from arts to islamic studies s:

like muslimaah is doing a 3-4 yr course in some london islamic school

PS: even tho it made you think which was good thing... but i think it stretched a bit too long... not sure if u can fix it now or if its too late. but I had these fears... people love art.. but when they develop love of deen and start to draw themselves closer to the deen... its natural and automatic that they dont tend to love art anymore.... its normal.
                    Last edited by truepath; 14-10-08, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I'm serious. Final year of college, I'm studying multimedia... What a daft decision. Yeah, art is ace, yeah, I love art, yeah... but it's hardly doing me any good is it? :(

Anyone with experience or any advice that have done something similar like this?

:( I'm not being daft, I'm being serious... :( I made a stupid decision when I started college... What should I do?

I have actually been thinking about this for some time now. So it isn't just a spur of the moment decision.
                      :wswrwb:,

:D of course you can!! :love:

sis, look at what you're interested in, then pick out courses of study that you'll enjoy and think you'll excel in and just pick one! :D it doesn't matter what you study now, you can always choose something entirely different at University! its all about your willingness and interest :)

there are however, some degree's that you won't be able to choose if you want to go straight into University next year, for example: the medicine related courses predominately require you to have Bio, Chem and Science related A levels. Some Law courses also require students to have done Law at A level and the same for others, unless you want to take another year out to do more A levels? you must remember that these courses won't even be an option for you.

But Silly! :p you're not being daft look at me for example :p I did Applied Business (2 A Levels), Sociology and English Lit for my A Levels and now I'm in my first year of doing Islamic Studies & Arabic - Completely different! :D Alhamdulillah though, Deen related studies is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do :o and I take this degree as a start to that Insha'Allah

There's so much you can do sis, now you've just got to choose what it is you seriously want to study :up: always try to be realistic, in terms of meeting the grade criteria but more importantly, think about what it is you want to do with this degree ? what career routes (if any) are you looking to go into?

you just need to look into the subject areas you're interested in and see if you'll be able to do them, not all degree programs have subject prerequisites! trust me sis there are loads that don't! :D Good grades will open up many doors of opportunities for you sis :love: try your best and I'm sure you'll get where you want to go in life Insha'Allah :D

hope that helps ;) x
                      :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

Well for a start, you only have 9 months to go to finish, so finish it. After that of course you can go and study something else. For instance Islamic Studies doesn't have many prerequisites. You can learn some basic arabic and then go and do a degree in that. You can go and study history if you like...really the opportunities are endless.

edit: I see emerald has put up a good post.

Yea, end of the day - you can do pretty much anything except pure science, medicine and engineering.
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

wasalam!

u know wot sis...islamic studies is the best thing u cn do! so if u wna do tht go ahead...will gud be for your akhira and dunya!

whatever you do i wish u all success!
                          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

:salams,

Also remember that the courses that are available to you, depend on the University you
                            want to go to.

I'm not sure if you can still do this, but apparently, if you seriously want to take up medicine, you can join a foundation year with Bradford University :) without having done any Science related A levels! and then if you pass that year, you have the opportunity to be moved into the first year of Medicine at Leeds!

Its very competitive but I know a sister who has done that Masha'Allah :) but thats IF you want to do Medicine :p something I've always been discouraged to take up because of the number of years and the whole studying at University for women thing :o lol

@)
                            Last edited by .: Jannati :.; 14-10-08, 05:00 PM.
                            :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

It's never too late to study the Deen, InshaAllah.
                              The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                              Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X