Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make your Husband happy ?

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
    well if you don't understand marriage as it is seen in Islam.. and that both members of the couple have rights and obligations over the other ..
    it's not that I don't understand marriage as it is seen in Islam, it's that I disagree with it.

The simple idea that the wife should be "obedient" to the husband and that he can "discipline" her (even with a simple miswak) is enough to make me run away (reciprocal rights and obligations notwithstanding).

But hey, whatever makes you happy, as long as it's by free choice...

Comment

Originally posted by ievgenij View Post
      it's not that I don't understand marriage as it is seen in Islam, it's that I disagree with it.

The simple idea that the wife should be "obedient" to the husband and that he can "discipline" her (even with a simple miswak) is enough to make me run away (reciprocal rights and obligations notwithstanding).

But hey, whatever makes you happy, as long as it's by free choice...

I think you're misunderstanding and confusing the roles of a man and a woman. By nature...women...are different.
      " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

wow patheticness to the max.

roles arent as black and white as that.

there is way more to marriage than just that.
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
          wow patheticness to the max.

roles arent as black and white as that.

there is way more to marriage than just that.
          Don't waste your breath on him, he aint even married, bechara.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
            I think you're misunderstanding and confusing the roles of a man and a woman. By nature...women...are different.
            I have been happily married for 30 years, and fathered 4 children (3 sons, 1daughter).

Never once in my whole married life did the idea cross my mind that my wife should be "obedient" (and never would she have been "obedient" in any case). We always took decisions jointly, on the basis of total equality, worked for sustaining the family, shared in housework - even if I have to admit my wife did actually do more than I did at home, especially in the kitchen.

The idea of having an "obedient" wife beside me, rather than an equal partner, is both shocking and annoying.

I remember, in the '5Os, my parents living the life described by these manuals (such as "how to make your husband happy" - The Muslim and the non-Muslim versions are in fact quite similar.... ) and I did vow
            to myself that I would never live that kind of life.

Luckily, it has worked out like that.

Comment

I have been happily married for 30 years, and fathered 4 children (3 sons, 1daughter).

Never once in my whole married life did the idea cross my mind that my wife should be "obedient" (and never would she have been "obedient" in any case). We always took decisions jointly, on the basis of total equality, worked for sustaining the family, shared in housework - even if I have to admit my wife did actually do more than I did at home, especially in the kitchen.

The idea of having an "obedient" wife beside me, rather than an equal partner, is both shocking and annoying.

I remember, in the '5Os, my parents living the life described by these manuals (such as "how to make your husband happy" - The Muslim and the non-Muslim versions are in fact quite similar.... ) and I did vow
              to myself that I would never live that kind of life.

Luckily, it has worked out like that.

So in these 30 years, you never once asked your wife to do something?

And if she listened to you, then its obedience.
              "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
              Al Hijr: 47

Comment

Working...
              X