Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this permissible???

Asalaamu'alikum warahmatullah,

I wanted to ask if i go to a gym where they play music, is it permissible for me to still go there coz its out of my control? and can i wear headphones to listen to the Qu'ran even though the music is being played in the background??
    "What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." - Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah)

Re: Is this permissible???

Wa alykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barrakatuhu

Check this page
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

wa alaykuma salaam wr wb

dont know the hukm, but I would advise you to go to the muslim gyms , easier and more secure....

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
        Wa alykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barrakatuhu

Check this page
        I know music is impermissible. But say im listening to Qu'ran on loud on my headphones so the music is being blocked out, is that permissible?
        "What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." - Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Al Shifaa View Post
          wa alaykuma salaam wr wb

dont know the hukm, but I would advise you to go to the muslim gyms , easier and more secure....
          I would but i dont have any muslim gym local to me...:(

Comment

In college sometimes students put their music on and I try my hardest to block it away, even though I'm not listening to anything to block it out would I be getting sinned?

Comment

Originally posted by umm turaab View Post
              Asalaamu'alikum warahmatullah,

I wanted to ask if i go to a gym where they play music, is it permissible for me to still go there coz its out of my control? and can i wear headphones to listen to the Qu'ran even though the music is being played in the background??
              Is it really right to listen to Quran whilst prancing about in the gym....surely a little more respct and reverence should be due to the words of our Lord?!?!

What abouts Nasheeds?
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                Is it really right to listen to Quran whilst prancing about in the gym....surely a little more respct and reverence should be due to the words of our Lord?!?!

What abouts Nasheeds?
                But it helps with memorization of the Qu'ran...

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
                  In college sometimes students put their music on and I try my hardest to block it away, even though I'm not listening to anything to block it out would I be getting sinned?
                  Our Almighty Allah is the Most Just Lord. He will not punish a single human for any single action for which that human was not responsible.

So, you can be assured that theres no sin on your part for the above situation that you have stated here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

What abouts Nasheeds?
                    I agree with the bold part completely.

But it helps with memorization of the Qu'ran...
                    Long time ago I read it somewhere fatwa from scholars of askimam or something... cant find it now unfortunately. In that fatwa they explained using quran, hadith and common logic ...like what a great fitna it is ... this whole the concept of gym especially for woman... all in the name of health and fitness... introduced by western societies ... because how easily it disguises our muslim masses and creeps into our minds and hearts that its all bout health and fitness.

In my opinion if a person is that worried bout their fitness and their 'figure' then they shud by the kid which they can buy within their means and excercise in their own homes.

PS: Perhaps, most of today's mordern day muslimas will not agree with me and I wouldn't be surprised at all.
                    Last edited by truepath; 09-10-08, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I agree with the bold part completely.

Long time ago I read it somewhere fatwa from scholars of askimam or something... cant find it now unfortunately. In that fatwa they explained using quran, hadith and common logic ...like what a great fitna it is ... this whole the concept of gym especially for woman... all in the name of health and fitness... introduced by western societies ... because how easily it disguises our muslim masses and creeps into our minds and hearts that its all bout health and fitness.

In my opinion if a person is that worried bout their fitness and their 'figure' then they shud by the kid which they can buy within their means and excercise in their own homes.

PS: Perhaps, most of today's mordern day muslimas will not agree with me and I wouldn't be surprised at all.
                      What do u mean akhi? I mean the Prophet(SAW) emphasised health and fitness. If a woman goes to a female only gym coz she's unable to afford the equipment for her own house, i dont see what the issue is with that?

Comment

What do u mean akhi? I mean the Prophet(SAW) emphasised health and fitness. If a woman goes to a female only gym coz she's unable to afford the equipment for her own house, i dont see what the issue is with that?
                        I am not speakin anything against the topic of health and fitness but rather how we go on about it. I mean in terms of the concept of gym etc. I wish I could find that fatwa which had detailed explanation highlighting all the points.

I read it long time ago, so cant recollect it now. If I find it which I hope to.. then I will share it here.

Comment

Women are meant to cover their awrah in front of other women, aren't they ? I'm not sure about whether they're are allowed to wear clothes which define the shapes of their bodies, in front of other women. Also don't forget that today's women aren't all necessarily interested in men....
                          "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
                          (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
                            Women are meant to cover their awrah in front of other women, aren't they ? I'm not sure about whether they're are allowed to wear clothes which define the shapes of their bodies, in front of other women. Also don't forget that today's women aren't all necessarily interested in men....
                            thats a scary thought s:

Comment

I am not speakin anything against the topic of health and fitness but rather how we go on about it. I mean in terms of the concept of gym etc. I wish I could find that fatwa which had detailed explanation highlighting all the points.

I read it long time ago, so cant recollect it now. If I find it which I hope to.. then I will share it here.
                              ok jazakAllah khairun akhi!

Comment

Working...
                              X