The tears of Hadhrat Umar (R.A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tears of Hadhrat Umar (R.A)

The companions (R.A) once came to a conclusion that Hadhrat Umar be requested that in was in their best interest, for him, that he changed the currently worn robe with twelve patches on it for another one and that he consume fine foods morning and evening so that visitors may eat these foods too. After all, Allah has had the emperors of Rome and Persia conquered upon your hands. Delegations from Arabian and Non-Arabian lands approach you.
    But who dared to approach Hadhrat Umar on the matter. It was decided that Ayesha (R.A) and Hafsah (R.A) are to be the advocates. The put forward the request, ' O Ameerul Mu'mineen! Upon your hands Allah has subdued emperors of Rome and Persia. Arabian and Non-Arabian delegates approach you. If you could exchange this twelve patched robe for one made from softer material, from which your awe can be recognized. Consume fine foods yourself and feed others those goods too. '
    Upon hearing this Hadhrat Umar began to weep bitterly and then said, ' You tell me! Did the prophet peace be upon him ever fill his stomach with bread made from wheat flour or did he ever rest on a soft bed? Did he ever wear fine clothing? ' They replied in the negative. Hadhrat Umar said, ' In short i want to follow in the footsteps of my two predecessors. By Allah if i knew who sent you to me i would disfigure his face. '

Hadhrat Qatadah (R.A) narrates ,' It was reported to us that Hadhrat Umar traveled to Syria and there such food was prepared for him that he had not seen before. He questioned, ' Is this for us? Those poor Muslims that have passed away (what was for them) that they could not even fill their stomachs with bread made from barley.'
    Hadhrat Amr Ibn Waleed (R.A) replied, ' For them there is Jannah.' Upon hearing this tears began to flow from the eyes of Umar (R.A) and he stated, 'Our share is from this worldly provision and they have taken Jannah. And this is the great difference between them and us. '

Hadhrat Zayd Ibn Aslam (R.A) states, ' Hadhrat Umar was keeping guard one night when he saw a light in a house. He focused his attention towards it. He saw an old women spinning away and reading these couplets;

Peace and blessings of the pious be upon Muhammad peace be upon him
    The elite send their peace and blessings upon thee.
    You worshipped throughout the night cried throughout the mornings.
    There are different ways of d eath.
    I wish if only i could know that there is house that would gather my beloved Sallallahu Alahi Wasallam and I.

Upon hearing this Umar (R.A) began to weep and carried on weeping. Then he knocked upon the old womans door. She questioned, ' Who is it? ' He replied, ' Umar. ' She said, ' What connection do i have with Umar? And what has bought him at this time? ' Then she opened the door, and repeated the couplets again. Hadhrat Umar requested, ' Include me in this prayer of yours also.' She said,' O Forgiver! forgive Umar also.'
    After this he returned.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Re: The tears of Hadhrat Umar (R.A)

Would that Allah (azza wa jal) would grant us another Umar today. :o
    Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to Allah's will) in Islam. (Koran 15:02)

Comment

or even give our men an ounce of his dignity and moral character! ameen

Comment

Ameen thumma Ameen.
        if the likes of Hadhrat Umar were present today the ummah would be in a better state...
        The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
        (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
        In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

JazakAllahu khayr for sharing, sis :)

and Ameen.

Comment

:jkk: :)
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
            X