Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Al-Gheebah

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
    walaykum salaam. If a conversation turns into backbiting then you should tell them to stop or if you are too shy just change the subject to something else quickly..eventually they will get the idea. Age has nothing to do with sins so even if you are the youngest in the group, doesnt mean you cat enjoin the good and forbid the evil. Ibn Abbas RH was amongst the youngest of the sahabah yet they would still ask for his opinion.

If you are ignored or mocked the best thing is to just get up and leave and walk away. If the people are your mates and they always fall into gheebah, then adivse them inshaAllah but if it is their nature to constantly sin then best to find a good group of Muslims as friends as the messenger of Allah [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] said: you will be raised on the day of judgement with those you love..and he SAW also said :A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.
    :D Yes it has jazak Allah khayran Abu Muslim & KeeKee, the saying is very true
    "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

http://muslimwiki.com/mw/images/thum...Palestine2.jpg

Comment

Kaffarah (Expiation) of Gheebah

Committing Gheebah is by the Ijma of the scholars,and considered a major sin.Scholars differ in the kaffarah
      of the mughtaab,but they all agree that he must make Tawbah (repentance) as the first step.Repentance itself has three conditions:refraining from the sin,regret for the commission of the sin,and determination not to commit it ever again.Repentance from Gheebah,however,has an additional condition,a fourth one because the mughtaab has actually committed two offences:

1.One offense is towards Allah because he committed an act which Allah has prohibited.The expiation is to turn to
      Allah in repentance and to regret what has been done.

2.The other one is against Allah's creatures.If the Gheebah has reached the person,then forgiveness
      must be sought from him/her and regret must be expressed to him for what has been said.But if the Gheebah didn't reach the person,then he should ask for forgiveness from Allah and not tell the person what he hadn't heard anyway,fearing that some evil may result from telling him.

(Backbiting,Abdul Malik Al-Qasim)
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Jewels from the sayings of the Salaf

* Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah said:'It is strange that a person may find it easy to protect himself from eating Haraam,oppression and injustice,adultery,theft,drinking,gambling,and from unlawful looking,but it is hard for him to restrain the movement of his tongue.How often do we see people who are very cautious about falling into shameful deeds or injustice,but their tongue lashes against the living and the d ead and they dont mind it.'
        * Wahab said,'I made a vow to Allah that anytime i commit Gheebah about a man,i would fast a day.Then i had the intention that anytime i did Gheebah,i would give a Dirham as charity.The love of Dirhams finally made me give up Gheebah.'
        * Sufyan Bin Al-Husain said:'I was in the company of Iyas Bin Muawiya.A man passed by and i said a few bad things about him.Iyas Bin Muawiya said,'Be quiet.' and then asked,'Have you fought against the Romans?' i Replied to the negative.He asked,'Have you fought against the turks?' I again replied to the negative.He said,'Both the Romans and Turks are safe from you but your muslim brother is not.' I never repeated what i did after that incident.'
        * Yahya Bin Muadh said:'Any believer should have have his share from you in three matters.If you are unable to do three things for your brother,then atleast do not do three other things.You didn't benefit him,so do not harm him.You didn't make him happy,so do not cause him to grieve.And you dont praise him,so do not insult him.'
        * A man committed Gheebah in the presence of Ma'ruf Al-Karkhi.Al-Kharki said,'Remember the cotton when put on your eyes (meaning in the grave).'
        * Ibrahim Bin Adham was invited to eat.People there mentioned a person who hadn't yet arrived.Someone commented that the missing person was dull.Ibrahim said,'This is what my stomach did to me.I had to come to eat where i heard Gheebah about a muslim.' He then left without eating.
        * Al-Rabi'a Bin Khuthaim was asked,'Why have you never criticized anyone?' He said,'Im not satisfied with myself.How could i go criticizing others.'
        * Al-Hasan was told that a certain person had gossiped about him.So he sent him a dish of dates.The person came to him and said,'I gossiped about you and you sent me a gift?' Al-Hasan replied,'You have given me your Hasanaat as a gift,so i wanted to return the favour.'
        * Ibn Al-Mubarak said,'If i were to make Gheebah against anyone,it would be about my parents for they have more right to Hasanaat.'
        * Asshab Bin Abdul Aziz wrote to a man who had defamed him.'I'm writing to you because i ha te what you're saying about me.But i dont want to help you in disobeying Allah.Beware that i enjoy grazing in your Hasanaat,just like a sheep grazes in a pasture.And greetings for you.

Dear brothers and sisters!

The mughtaab shares with you in his Hasanaat and gives you the reward of his prayer and fasting.
        He also carried for you your sins,a burden that he would not carry for his good children.

* Abu Bakr Bin Abdur Rahman said,'Do not let the affairs of others make you neglect your own self.Everything goes back to you.Don't waste your day talking about this and that,for everything you say will be recorded and preserved against you.'
        * Imam Malik said,'I met in this town (Al-Madinah) people that have no faults,but when they start talking about the faults of others,they start getting faults.I also met in this town people who have faults,but who didn't talk about the faults of others,so people overlooked their faults.'
        * Ibn Taymiyyah said,'Some people have the disease of criticizing all the time.They forget the good about others and only mention their faults.They are like flies that avoid the good and pure places and land on the bad and wounds.This is because of the evil within the self and spoiled nature.'
        The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          So if I am working with someone who has a different way of working from me and we both dont agree with the priorities and methods of each other, but they are my ,manager, does this mean i cant get it off my chest or ask for advice but have to keep it to myself
          Asking for advice or disagreeing with their views is not Backbiting ...

backbiting is when you speak ill of someone behind their back etc ...

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

The cure for Gheebah

It was related about Isa Ibn Mariam (a.s) that he said to his disciples:

'If you came across a man whilst he was sleeping and the wind had uncovered part of his Awrah,would you cover him?'
            They said,'Yes.'
            He said,'No you would even uncover the rest.'
            They exclaimed in surprise,'Subhan Allah.how would we uncover the rest?'
            He said,'Isn't a man mentioned to you and then you say the worst you know about him?So you indeed uncover the rest of the clothes from his Awrah.'

The mughtaab must stop Gheebah for it is an evil disease and a prohibited act.The following are a few points that we should remember every time we use our tongue:

1. The mughtaab incites the wrath and punishment of Allah.
            2. His Hasanaat are shifted to the person he gossiped about.If he doesn't have Hasanaat then he would recieve Saiyiaat (evil deeds) from the person he gossiped about.Whoever remembers this,will hopefully not commit Gheebah.
            3. A person should look into his own faults and work on correcting them.Doing this,he should be too embarrassed to criticize others.
            4. If the mughtaab doesn't have the fault he wants to talk about in others,he should thank Allah for that.Further,he should not pollute himself with the greatest fault of Gheebah.
            5. The mughtaab should remember that backbiting about a muslim is like eating his flesh.
            6. The mughtaab should be instructed to stop talking and not be allowed to say whatever he likes.We should defend our muslim brothers and sisters in their absence.
            7. We should always remember the Quranic verses and Ahadith about Gheebah.One example is as follows:

The prophet peace be upon is reported to have said:

Do you know who is bankrupt?The companions replied,'The bankrupt amongst us is the person who has no money or property.'The prophet peace be upon him said:The bankrupt from amongst my Ummah is the one who will come on the day of resurrection with a good record of Salaah,Sawm and Zakah.But he will also have cursed someone,slandered against someone,unlawfully took the property of another,killed someone or beat someone.Then all of these abused persons will receive parts of his Hasanaat.When all of his Hasanaat have been removed from his record after he pays back for what he owes,then the aggrieved persons' sins will be transferred to him and he will be thrown into the fire.'
            (Muslim,Tirmidhi)

(Backbiting,Abdul Malik Al-Qasim)

Comment

:jkk:

for sharing these jewels and cures, I hope they stay with all those that read them for our entire life times
              "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

Comment

Ameen thumma Ameen!
                i think there is more to post...inshAllah tomorrow

Comment

insh'Allah

*looks up more of keeKee's topics*

Comment

:D :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                    X