Help: HAIR LOSS :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help: HAIR LOSS :(

"sis do u knw wt i mean when i say that my head hurts? its more on the top back of my head... "

i think you tie your head scarf too tight and when you change the direction of the hair the hair roots hurt?

is it your scalp or the hair roots that hurt?

Comment

hair roots.

sis i jst chekd out the boots site. it sooo expensive i cnt affort that sis, shall i jst wait till the xmas sales??

Comment

is it worth the £50 sis, if u really think so i'll get it, or do u think its worth the wait till jan sales

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Amirah View Post
          is it worth the £50 sis, if u really think so i'll get it, or do u think its worth the wait till jan sales
          hmm, i just found them £10 cheaper on the following site.
          http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/nourk...th_1_1169.html

they worked for me, but i kinda like took care of my hair real well before i noticed they stopped falling. i cant say to you to go ahead and buy them incase later you feel they werent worth the price but i do know of two other people who took them cause their hair started thining. try what the doc said, and if all else fails save up to buy them. i can offer to send you some for a week but i dont know if they will be enough for you to notice them working..the result isnt like you wake up with an afro sorta thing.

Comment

hair roots.

sis i jst chekd out the boots site. it sooo expensive i cnt affort that sis, shall i jst wait till the xmas sales??
            if your hair roots are hurting, its cause either you tie your hair wet/using too much oil/ tie your scarf to tightly..and when you sleep you rest the top back of ur head on the pillow adding weight. when u change the direction of the hair the roots start hurting.. i know this cause i used to have the same problem. anyway when this started happening i researched and read up on it. it made sense. so now when that heppens i know why. so i always make sure my hair is completely dry, i avoid tying my head scarf too tight and so on.
            Last edited by abstract; 24-09-08, 04:34 PM.

Comment

This would be my advice on looking after your hair, cos it really is as precious as your teeth and nails!

1. Use a very very mild shampoo. Unless you are trekking in the amazonian jungle everyday, your hair does not get very dirty at all, and if you wear hijab, it will get even less dirty on a daily basis. Check the ingredients of the shampoo, the more ingredients it has, the worse it is. I would highly highly recommend Lush shampoo bars, especially squeeky green, brilliant at cleaning the hair whilst not stripping it of its essential oils! Another brilliant yet mild shampoo if you have dandruff is Hope's Relief shampoo...you have to try it to believe me.

2. Do not wash hair everyday. IF you must wash your hair with plain water, try to do less than 3 times a week. Only use shampoo once a week. Conditioner is not necessary at all, simply apply a tiny amount of oil in your palm, rub into the ends of the hair (not the scalp) before you give it the last rinse. Alternatively, apply oil liberally and massage in well about 30 minutes before you wash your hair and then shampoo - instant conditoner! At first your hair may feel oily, if you are used to washing it everyday, this is not to worry about, it is simply your scalp trying to readdress the balance of the natural oils it is supposed to produce.

3. Never use a brush. Always comb your hair before AND after you wash it. Comb gently, and if you have tangles, ease them out slowly towards the end of the hairs, not rip them apart in an attempt to get them out!

4. If you are going to tie your hair back, do a middle parting. Yes I know its looks like Heidi hairstyle lol, but it really is kind on the direction of the hairs and prevents the scalp getting stressed at the front of the hairline where the pull will be if you tie it back!

5. Comb your hair well and plait it before you go to bed. Whilst you are sleeping, the friction of your hair on the pillow can cause it undue stress and cause unnecessary breakage. Alternatively, use a silk pillow which is much kinder to the hair and scalp and reduces friction!

6. Drink lots of water!! Increadily important for general health but very important for hair/ nails/ teeth!

7. Eat a balanced diet! If you must cut something out, at least cut out fizzy drinks completely. These are poisons!

8. Take a supplement like Evening Primrose oil. Very very good mashaAllah, most effective way is to actually crack a capsule open everyday and rub it into the tummy, around the belly button area as the skin isvery thin here and absorbs it very quickly!

9. Do not use hair straighteners, tongs, hairdryers etc etc. If your hair is wet, let it dry naturally. These hair instruments damage the hair in the long term, no matter what £300 plates they have on them or what gold coating they have. Do not use them at all, its not necessary!

10. Do not use dye on your hair. No one week highlights, no temporary colouring, nothing. The chemicals in dye are incredibly strong no matter what the box tells you otherwise and are very very bad for the hair and scalp!

11. When you do wash your hair, use warm water, not scalding hot water and at the end give it a cold rinse (yes this will make you go BRR! :D ) What it basically does is that the cold water helps the hair follicle to lie flat (which is how they should be) which also helps towards your hair looking shiny and less hair breakage when combing.

Remember, anything and everything you put on your body and face is absorbed by the skin: lotions, perfumes, dyes, makeup, deodrant, everything!! Imagine all this gunk collecting inside your body, its going to have an effect somewhere somehow one day. So do your bodies a favour and stop using them and try to be as natural and basic as possible!

[/end rant ]
              Last edited by ze leetle elper; 24-09-08, 04:39 PM.
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Wait till you're in your mid 20's then get a hair transplant if you can't live without your hair. Those hair transplants are very expensive though
                If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by abstract View Post
                  if your hair roots are hurting, its cause either you tie your hair wet/using too much oil/ tie your scarf to tightly..and when you sleep you rest the top back of ur head on the pillow adding weight. when u change the direction of the hair the roots start hurting.. i know this cause i used to have the same problem. anyway when this started happening i researched and read up on it. it made sense. so now when that heppens i know why. so i always make sure my hair is completely dry, i avoid tying my head scarf too tight and so on.
                  you really are quite the genius sis :)

jazakallah to all of u for your useful comments xxx

Comment

Originally posted by abstract View Post
                    hmm, i just found them £10 cheaper on the following site.
                    http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/nourk...th_1_1169.html

they worked for me, but i kinda like took care of my hair real well before i noticed they stopped falling. i cant say to you to go ahead and buy them incase later you feel they werent worth the price but i do know of two other people who took them cause their hair started thining. try what the doc said, and if all else fails save up to buy them. i can offer to send you some for a week but i dont know if they will be enough for you to notice them working..the result isnt like you wake up with an afro sorta thing.
                    sis, i dnt think i have a deficiency though in any vitamins or proteins.. i am really tempted to get them nw bt worried that i wnt see a difference. bcos i nt think i hava a deficiency hmmm. i need guidance lol

Comment

SIS what does this mean?

"Select this option for Courier Delivery (charged at £2.95).
                      By selecting this option your order will be despatched using Parceline’s courier service. "

whats parceline courier service?

Comment

dus anyone knw wt it means? i dnt shop onlne often...

Comment

SIS what does this mean?

"Select this option for Courier Delivery (charged at £2.95).
                          By selecting this option your order will be despatched using Parceline’s courier service. "

whats parceline courier service?
                          if i remember well parceline are just a courier service. Basically royal mail but bigger packages and with more guarantee.

If your from the states...i dunno it mite be like what have as fed ex
                          ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Below are ways of Helping Hairloss:

I hope this helps!

I often get relatives to come up to me and ask me how I cured my hair loss. It's always very fulfilling to tell my family that they shouldn't waste their time on topical drugs and instead focus on curing their hair loss completely naturally and at home, no need to pay serious money for crap doctor visits.

Just last month one of my uncles asked me what the best cures for balding were and simply briefed him on what he can do reverse his hair loss. I assured him that these methods work and that they only take about 15 minutes to do every day. In here I'm going to take the liberty and list the top 5 cures for balding that I personally used to reverse my hair loss and regrow all of my hair.

Here are the best ways to reverse balding

more of this is in - http://helpinghairloss.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree that you can stop hair loss naturally. smoking is bad for hair loss and so is a bad diet. If you eat bad food it has big effect on your hair too and you will not be able to prevent hair loss or reverse balding. so does usng the wrong type of shampoo and not looking after your hair properly.

you can find more information here.

Reverse Balding

Comment

Working...
                              X