Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeeKee
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Kun Fid Dunya Ka'annaka Gareebun Aw Aabiru Sabeelin
    Live in this world like a stranger or a passer-by.
    (Nashrut-Tib)
    Hadhrat Ali has related;

" Anyone coming face to face with the holy prophet peace be upon him would be struck with awe,
    and whoever met him, would love him. I did not see a person so handsome and accomplished either before or after him."
    (Nashrut-Tib)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

:salams:

so many threads with mile long responses out there :up: don't want to sound preachy but inshallah we can all try contribute to threads in the Islamic section more.

try to follow the man who was sent to us as the perfect example, Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, inshallah.

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

EDWARD GIBBON and SIMON OCKLEY speaking on the profession of ISLAM write:

"'I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, AND MAHOMET, AN APOSTLE OF GOD' is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honor of the Prophet has never transgressed the measure of human virtues; and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion." (HISTORY OF THE SARACEN EMPIRES, London, 1870, p. 54)

Muhammad (pbuh) was nothing more or less than a human being. But he was a man with a noble mission, which was to unite humanity on the worship of ONE and ONLY ONE GOD and to teach them the way to honest and upright living based on the commands of God. He always described himself as, 'A Servant and Messenger of God,' and so indeed every action of his proclaimed to be.

Speaking on the aspect of equality before God in Islam, the famous poetess of India, SAROJINI NAIDU says:

"It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for, in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: 'God Alone is Great'... I have been struck over and over again by this indivisible unity of Islam that makes man instinctively a brother." (S. Naidu, IDEALS OF ISLAM, vide Speeches & Writings, Madras, 1918, p. 169)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

:p contribute :up:

Leave a comment:

• Ummul Husain
    replied

masah allah great thread!

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

IN THE HOUR OF TRIUMPH

In the early stages of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) the inhabitants of Mecca, with a few notable exceptions, persecuted him with relentless rancour. Not content with mere oppression, the Meccans at last hungered for his life and he repaired to Medina.

After years of intense suffering, the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) succeeded in winning the ears of a considerable body of his countrymen. They accepted his message and gathered under his flag to defend him and to defend their new Faith from the attacks of the pitiless foes.

But the Meccans were still tireless in their hostility. In violation of the terms of the Treaty of Hudaibia, they attacked the clan of Bani-Khuza'a that was under the protection of the Muslims and massacred a number of them. The Bani-Khuza'a appealed to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) for justice. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) at once marched ten thousand warriors against the violators of peace and entered Mecca practically unopposed.

Thus at last Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) entered the city he had been driven from, as a mighty conqueror. Those who had scoffed at him as a dreamer, spat him on his face, strew thorns on his way and deposited the entrails of camels over his devoted head while bent down in obeisance to Almighty Allah, were there before him - now vanquished and broken. Those who had interned him and tried to starve him to death, those who had surrounded his house in darkness of night with murderous resolve and those who had exiled him from his dear native land - they were all there and at his entire mercy. Those who had attacked him again and again, lacerated his forehead with stones, broke his teeth and killed his nearest kins and comrades before his eyes - they were there that day, weak and helpless. Those who had ruthlessly hunted him even in his exile, those who had disgraced humanity by inflicting shameless outrages upon inoffensive men and women and even upon the dead body of his companions, they too were there- humbled and at his feet.

But there was no sign of anger or hatred in the face of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). On the contrary, his countenance blossomed up in mercy to men and gratitude to Allah. `In the hour of triumph every evil suffered was forgotten, every injury inflicted was forgiven and a general amnesty was proclaimed to the population of Mecca'. The army emulated his example. No house was entered into, no inhabitant molested, no women insulted. Then the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) addressed the assemblage and declared in his own inimitable voice: "All glory and all victory belong to Allah and to Allah alone. No one has any superiority over his neighbour except for his virtue. All are children of Adam. The noblest of men is he who is foremost in good deeds".

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) paused for a moment and looked at his enemies still trembling in their hearts. No one could say if any poisoned memory of the bygone days flashed across his mind at their sight. But he addressed them in a tranquil voice: "Descendants of the Quraish, how do you expect I should treat you?" "With kindness and pity, gracious brother and nephew", replied they.

Tears filled the eyes of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) at these words and he said:

"I shall speak to you even as Joseph spoke unto his brothers. I shall not reproach you today. Allah will forgive. He is the most Merciful and Compassionate".
    - Hirak Har (Ibn Hisham)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

(Iqbal)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

:jkk: beautiful post

Leave a comment:

• Dead Poet
    replied

" Abdullah Ibn Masood was the first man to recite aloud the words of the Qur’aan before a gathering of the Quraish. The companions of the Prophet were together one day in Makkah. They were still few in number, weak and oppressed. They said, ‘The Quraish have not yet heard the Qur’aan being recited openly and loudly. Who is the man who could recite it for them?’ ‘I shall recite it for them,’ volunteered Abdullah Ibn Masood. ‘We are afraid for you,’ they said. ‘We only want someone who has a clan who would protect him from their evil.’ ‘Let me,’ Abdullah Ibn Masood insisted, ‘Allah shall protect me and keep me away from their evil.’ He then went out to the mosque until he reached Maqam Ibrahim (a landmark situated a few meters from the Kabah). It was dawn and the Quraish were sitting around the Kabah. Abdullah began to recite Surah Rahman. The Quraish looked at him intently and some of them asked, ‘What is Ibn Umm Abd saying? Damn him! He is reciting some of what Muhammad brought!’

They(abu jahl) began to slap his face but he continued reciting. When he concluded his recital, his face was covered with welts and blood. ‘By Allah,’ said Abdullah, ‘the enemies of Allah are more uncomfortable than I am at this moment. If you wish, I shall return tomorrow and do the same.’ ‘You have done enough,’ they said. ‘You have made them hear what they dislike.’ "

when the prophet (saw) saw the face of abdullah ibn masood bleeding jibreel (a.s) came to the prophet (saw) smiling (or laughing..?not sure).. the prophet saw was surprised and asked Jibreel (a.s) why he was laughing..JIbreel (a.s) responded by saying...'an ear for an ear..and the head is extra...'

and we all know what he meant by 'and the head is extra..' refering to abu jahl.
    Last edited by Dead Poet; 10-07-09, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dead Poet
    replied

(i really love the title of this thread.. masha'Allah)

Leave a comment:

• Usmi
    replied

Originally posted by Saiyed.H View Post
    "Qurratu Aini bika Ya Rasoolallah :saw:"

(Ya Rasoolallah! You are the coolness of my eyes).

NONE of your worship will count if you do not have love for Rasoolallah :saw:

"None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves his children, his parents, and all people." In another hadith in Bukhari he said: "None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves himself."

Even allah praises our prophet :saw: so how can we possibly be muslims without absolute love for Rasoolallah :saw:
    yup!!!!!! :up:

Leave a comment:

• Saiyed.H
    replied

"Qurratu Aini bika Ya Rasoolallah :saw:"

(Ya Rasoolallah! You are the coolness of my eyes).

NONE of your worship will count if you do not have love for Rasoolallah :saw:

"None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves his children, his parents, and all people." In another hadith in Bukhari he said: "None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves himself."

Even allah praises our prophet :saw: so how can we possibly be muslims without absolute love for Rasoolallah :saw:

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam." "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today."

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Michael Hart in 'The 100, A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons In History,' New York, 1978.

My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the worlds most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the secular and religious level. ...It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. ...It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history.

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Napolean Bonaparte as Quoted in Cherfils, Bonaparte et Islam, Paris, France, pp. 105, 125.

"Moses has revealed the existence of God to his nation. Jesus Christ to the Roman world, Muhammad to the old continent... "Arabia was idolatrous when, six centuries after Jesus, Muhammad introduced the worship of the God of Abraham, of Ishmael, of Moses, and Jesus. The Ariyans and some other sects had disturbed the
    tranquility of the east by agitating the question of the nature of the Father, the son, and the Holy Ghost. Muhammad declared that there was none but one God who had no father, no son and that the trinity imported
    the idea of idolatry...

"I hope the time is not far off when I shall be able to unite all the wise and educated men of all the countries and establish a uniform regime based on the principles of Qur'an which alone are true and which alone can lead men to happiness."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X