Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeeKee
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

He used to milk the goats and and mended the patches on his clothes himself.
    He used to mend his own shoes,and help with household chores.
    (Ibn Sa'ad)

The holy Prophet peace be upon him considered himself a traveller in this world,
    having no concern with comforts and luxuries.He was thus a living example of:
    'Kun fid'dunya ka'annaka Ghareebun aw'aabiru sabeelin'
    'Live in this world like a stranger or a passer bye.'
    (Nashrut tib)

Leave a comment:

• Yokel
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

allah hu akbar!

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

The mercy of prophet Muhammad: Bilal Assad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsKDuFapI8

http://muhammad.net/j/index.php
    http://www.theprophetmuhammad.org/appearence.html

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Muhammad- Untainted & Pure

After the fall of Makkah, more than one million square miles of land lay at his feet.
    Lord of Arabia, he mended his own shoes and coarse woolen garments, milked the goats, swept the hearth, kindled the fire and attended to other menial offices of the family. The entire town of Madinah, where he lived, grew wealthy in the later days of his life. Everywhere there was gold and silver in plenty and yet in those days of prosperity many weeks would elapse without a fire being kindled in the hearth of the king of Arabia, his food being dates & water.
    His family would go hungry many nights successively because they could not get anything to eat in the evening.
    He slept on no soft bed but on a palm mat after a long busy day, to spend most of his night in prayer, often pleading with tears before his creator to grant him strength to discharge his duties.

As the reports go, his voice would get choked due to weeping, and it would appear as if a cooking pot was on fire and boiling had commenced. On the day of his d eath his only assets were a few coins, a part of which went to satisfy a debt and the rest were given to a needy person who came to his house for charity. The clothes in which he breathed his last had many patches.

The house from where light had spread to the world was in darkness because there was no oil in the lamp.

(Professor Ramakrishna Rao)

Leave a comment:

• *IslamicGirl*
    replied

:start:

:salams

قصيدة البُردة :love:

مولاي صلــــي وسلــــم دائمـــاً أبــــدا
    علـــى حبيبــــك خيــر الخلق كلهـم

Mawlaya salli wa sallim da’iman abada
    ‘Ala habibika khayril khalqi kullihimi
    O my Master, send your Salutations and Blessings forever
    Upon Your Beloved Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him and his family, the best of the whole of creation :inlove:

:wswrwb:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by truepath View Post
    Everyone can point finger towards the moon. However to split the moon into two, not everyone can do.

To go to every door for the sake of deen, to go taa'if and get stoned. Yet to give duaa' in return not everyone can do.
    Masha'allah, May Allah bless our beloved prophet (pbuh) till eternity. Jazakallah khair for translating bro, may Allah bless you as well.

Leave a comment:

• truepath
    replied

Originally posted by enchanted_rose View Post
    Translate please :(
    Everyone can point finger towards the moon. However to split the moon into two, not everyone can do.

To go to every door for the sake of deen, to go taa'if and get stoned. Yet to give duaa' in return not everyone can do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by truepath View Post
    A few words of poetry....

Ungli se ishaara chaand ki jaanib saray insaan kartey hain.....

Ungli se chaand ke tukray karna, sabke bas ki baat nahi......

Deen ki khaatir ghar ghar jaana... ta'if jaakar pathar khaana...

Phir bhi duaa'en detey rahna... sabke bas ki baat nahi...

Translate please :(

Leave a comment:

• truepath
    replied

A few words of poetry....

Ungli se chaand ke tukray karna, sabke bas ki baat nahi......

Phir bhi duaa'en detey rahna... sabke bas ki baat nahi...

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Touched by the breath of the unlettered one,
    The sands of Arabia began to sprout tulips.
    Freedom under his care was reared
    The ‘today’ of nations comes from his ‘yesterday’.
    He put heart in the body of man,
    And from his face the veil he lifted.
    Every god of old he destroyed.
    Every withered branch by his moisture bloomed.
    The heat of the battle of Badr and Hunain,
    Haider and Siddiq, Farooq and Hussain.

In the thick of battle the majesty of Azan,
    The recitation of As-Saffat28 at the point of sword.
    The scimitar of Ayub, the glance of Bayazid,
    Key to the treasures of this world and the next.
    Ecstasy of heart and mind from the same goblet,
    Fusion of Rumi’s rapture and Razi’s thought.
    Knowledge and wisdom, faith and law, polity and rule.
    Yearnings hidden within the restless hearts.
    Al-Hamara and Taj of beauty breath-taking.
    To which even angels pay tribute.
    These, too, a fragment of his priceless bequest,
    Of his glimpses just one glimpse.
    His exterior these enthralling sights,
    Of his interior even the knowledge unaware.
    Boundless praise be to the Apostle blessed,
    Who imparted faith to elevate a handful of dust.
    --->My favorite part...its just WOW

-Allamah Iqbal

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

:up: :inlove:

Real Allegiance

Mecca had been conquered and the prophet peace be upon him was travelling back to Medinah. Thousands followed him and all were eager to hear a message from his mouth.

On the way, the time for Asr prayer arrived. The prophet peace be upon him performed ablution, men flocked around him and rubbed their faces with the water that he used for ablution.

Wudhu over, the prophet asked those around him, 'friends,why do you rub your faces with that water?'
    'To show our love and respect for you.' was the answer.
    The prophet peace be upon him gravely said, ' If you really love me, then walk in my footsteps and accept my ideal. Those who show me only outward respect and do not accept my example, do not belong to my following.'

-Bukhari

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

By nature he was gentle and kind hearted, always inclined to be gracious and to overlook the faults of others. Politeness and courtesy, compassion and tenderness, simplicity and humility, sympathy and sincerity were some of the keynotes of his character. In the cause of right and justice he could be resolute and severe but more often than not, his severity was tempered with generosity. He had charming manners which won him the affection of his followers and secured their devotion. Though virtual king of Arabia and an apostle of Allah, he never assumed an air of superiority. Not that he had to conceal any such vein by practice and artifice: with fear of Allah, sincere humility was ingrained in his heart. He used to say,

"I am a Prophet of Allah but I do not know what will be my end." (Bukhari, Sahih Bukhari, Chapter "Al-Janaiz")

In one of his sermons calculated to instill the fear of Allah and the day of reckoning in the hearts of men, he said,

"O people of Quraish be prepared for the hereafter, I cannot save you from the punishment of Allah; O Bani Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah; O Abbas, son of Abdul Mutalib, I cannot protect you either; O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, even you I cannot save." (Sahahin)

He used to pray,

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." (Ahmed, Musnad, Vol. 6 pg. 103)

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

Wa rafa'na laka dhikrak

:saw:

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

The world we live in is no longer a place of mercy.When mercy does not exist,people destroy each other.It is the foundation of our existence.The importance of mercy cannot be underestimated.
    The concept of mercy pervades through Islam.At the centre of it is Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.He inspired a people who were in the darkness of ignorance to reach the heights of nobleness.

Regarding him,Allah Ta'ala states:

We have not sent you but as a mercy to mankind.
    (21:107)

He is a mercy for Muslims,non-muslims,animals and all that exists in this world.His message is universal;it is for all ages and nations.His every word and action is a lesson for us.Upon migrating from Makkah to Medinah,what were his first words?

O people!Make the act of greeting common practice,provide food,maintain ties of kinship and pray while people are asleep-you shall enter Paradise in safety.
    (Tirmidhi)

These are means of peace and harmony being spread amongst communities.

Therefore,we must endeavor to embody his character and become ambassadors of Islam.It is hoped that in this age of confusion the prophets character will be recognised as the guiding light that it is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports."
    Bosworth Smith, MOHAMMAD AND MOHAMMADANISM, London, 1874, p. 92.

"In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical. When his beloved son Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumours of God's personal condolence quickly arose. Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, "An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature. It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human being." "At Muhammad's own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history: "If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead. But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever."
    James A. Michener, "ISLAM: THE MISUNDERSTOOD RELIGION," in READER'S DIGEST (American edition), May 1955, pp. 68-70.

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls. . . his forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma. This dogma was twofold, the unity of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with words.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"
    Lamartine, HISTOIRE DE LA TURQUIE, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp. 276-277.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X