Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeeKee
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Battlefield Humanized

In an age of Barbarism, the battlefield itself was humanized and strict instructions were issued not to embezzle, not to cheat, not to break trust, not to mutilate, not to killl a minor child or a woman or an old man, not to hew down a date palm nor to burn it, not to cut down a fruit tree, not to molest monks and persons engaged in worship. His (peace be upon him) own treatment of his bitterest enemies was the noblest example for his followers. At the conquest of Makkah, he stood at the zenith of his power. The city which had t ortured him and his followers, which had driven him and his people into exile and which had unrelentingly persecuted and boycotted him even when he had taken refuge in a place more than 200 miles away, that city now lay at his feet. By the laws of war he could have justly avenged all the cruelties inflicted on him and his people. But what treatment did he meet out to them? Muhammads heart overflowed with the milk of love and kindness as he declared This day, there is no reproof against you and you are all free.

(Professor Ramakrishna Rao)
    Last edited by KeeKee; 16-10-08, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied
    Re: A thread dedicated to the Mercy For The Worlds; Muhammad, peace be upon him.

A complete translation of Shamaail Tirmidhi in english : http://abdurrahman.org/seerah/shamail.html

A lecture series based on Shamaail Tirmidhi by sh. Hussain 'Abdul-sattar: http://sacredlearning.org/classrooms...idhi/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

THE STORY OF THE MIRACLE OF THE GRAVEL PEBBLES

Once Abu Jahl had some gravel pebbles hidden in his hand. He asked Rasulullah "If you are truly Allah's Messenger, tell me what I have in my hand?

You inform people of things from beyond the heavens, therefore it should be easy for you to tell me what is in my hand".

Rasulullah replied: "Shall I inform you of what is in your hand, or should the things in your hand themselves tell you who I am? "

Abu Jahl retorted: "I would like both things". Rasulullah said: "There are six pebbles in your hand".

Then at the command of Rasulullah ~ everyone of the pebbles began to recite the Kalima Shahaadah.

When Abu Jahl saw this miracle, he became so angry that he threw the pebbles hard on the ground and turned to go home.

May his head remain covered in dust. The accursed one remained blind to the truth and his eyes were like that of the accursed Iblees who saw Nabi Adam (A.S.) as a mere being created of dust.

He could not see the soul which was crowned with' the crown of prophethood. Of that he was completely unaware.

taken from Ma'arif -e- Mathnawi

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Perfect modell for Human Life

The personality of Muhammad, it is most difficult to get into the whole truth of it. Only a glimpse of it i can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes! There is Muhammad, the Prophet. There is Muhammad, the general; Muhammad, the king; Muhammad, the Warrior; Muhammad, the Business man; Muhammad, the Preacher; Muhammad, the Philosopher; Muhammad, the statesman; Muhammad, the Orator; Muhammad, the Reformer; Muhammad, the refuge of Orphans; Muhammad, the protector of Slaves; Muhammad, the emancipator of Women; Muhammad, the Judge; Muhammad, the Saint. And in all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of activity, he is alike a hero.

Orphanhood is the extreme of helplessness and his life upon this earth began with it. Kingship is the height of maternal power and his life ended with it. From an orphan boy, to a persecuted refugee, then to an overload- spiritual as well as temporal- of a whole nation and arbiter of its destinies, with all its trials and temptations, with all its vicissitudes, and changes, its lights and shades, its ups and downs, its t error and splendour, he has stood the fire of the world and come out unscathed to serve as a mo del in every phase of life. His achievements are not limited to one aspect of life but cover the whole field of human conditions.

(Professor Ramakrishna Rao)

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied
    "

[Ibn Hisham 1/401; Jami' At-Tirmidhi 4/303]

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

yeah probably heard it there too, mut i think i most probably read it somewhere otherwise it wouldn't be stuck in my head in english...

Leave a comment:

• truepath
    replied

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    All the great merits and peculiarities of the Prophets peace be upon them were found together in the Prophet Muhammad. Allah bestowed him with the sincerity of Prophet Adam, the bravery of Prophet Nuh, the compassion of Prophet Ibrahim the tongue of Prophet Ismail, the pleasure (with Allah) of Prophet Ishac, the eloquence of Prophet Salih, the wisdom of Luqman, the glad tidings of Prophet Yaqub, the beauty of Prophet Yusuf, the patience of Prophet Ayyub, the strength of Prophet Musa, the Tasbih of Prophet Yunus, the blessing of Prophet Dawud, the Jihad of Prophet Yusha, the awe of Prophet Sulayman, the dignity of Prophet Ilyas, the knowledge of Khidr, the taqwa of Prophet Yahya, and the abstinence of Prophet Isa. In fact, his greatness and merit were above all excellence and his light brighter than all lights.

He was above all the Prophets in nature and character. And they could not equal him in knowledge and nobility.

This was Muhammad Ibn AbdAllah Ibn Abdul Muttalib, the last and final Prophet of Allah.

:inlove:
    Reminds me of Tariq Jameel sahab's bayaan

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

All the great merits and peculiarities of the Prophets peace be upon them were found together in the Prophet Muhammad. Allah bestowed him with the sincerity of Prophet Adam, the bravery of Prophet Nuh, the compassion of Prophet Ibrahim the tongue of Prophet Ismail, the pleasure (with Allah) of Prophet Ishac, the eloquence of Prophet Salih, the wisdom of Luqman, the glad tidings of Prophet Yaqub, the beauty of Prophet Yusuf, the patience of Prophet Ayyub, the strength of Prophet Musa, the Tasbih of Prophet Yunus, the blessing of Prophet Dawud, the Jihad of Prophet Yusha, the awe of Prophet Sulayman, the dignity of Prophet Ilyas, the knowledge of Khidr, the taqwa of Prophet Yahya, and the abstinence of Prophet Isa. In fact, his greatness and merit were above all excellence and his light brighter than all lights.

He was above all the Prophets in nature and character. And they could not equal him in knowledge and nobility.

This was Muhammad Ibn AbdAllah Ibn Abdul Muttalib, the last and final Prophet of Allah.

:inlove:

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Come on People, contribute!!

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Appearance of the Hallowed one

The birth of the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was an even of the greatest magnitude in human history. Allama Shibli Nu'mani (d. Nov 1914 C.E) has described it in poetic prose that seems to flow from the very depths of a devoted soul.To do justice to the author i venture to render it into english that follows the original as closely and as faithfully as possible...Translator.

More than once has this world of ours been visited be blooms of spring pregnant with new life; many a time has this abode of man been illuminated with a radiance that has dazzled the eyes. But now dawn the day, old hoary time had long been awaiting, the day for which an anxious glimmer of the stars had long since looked out.

For thousands of years, days and nights had followed each other in quick and unending succession, angels had sped far and wide to enforce divine decrees, the elements had intermingled into new forms, d ead and living; the sun and the moon had coursed along their paths of light; the wind and the rain had covered the earth with their blessings; in short, Nature had been unrolling its varied panorama only to set the stage for the advent of the auspicious day.

Divine souls with their serene breath, Ibraheem with his belief in one Allah, Yusuf with his angelic beauty, Musa with his staggering miracles, Isa with his power given by Allah to raise the d ead had all lived and toiled to lay at the feet of the last Messenger the fruits of their labours as tokens of homage.

Now dawn the day, the blessed day that heralds in an era of bliss and happy hopes. The biographers of the holy prophet peace be upon him relate in their own limited way the miraculous omens witnessed during the preceding night; fourteen minarets of the royal palace of Chosoroes of Iran are said to have fallen to the ground, the river Sawa ran dry and the sacred fire went out. Whatever the truth, who can doubt that the splendour of Iran, the brilliance of Byzantium, the glory of China, were soon to be laid low in dust!

The sacred fire may not have gone out; it is nevertheless, a historical truth that the fire of untruth and disbelief, the flames of paganism and the infernal furnace of misguided living, were shortly to find a cold grave. Magism was rent asunder, Christian doctrines dropped down lifeless like autumn leaves and the great temples where idols reigned were deserted and turned into dreary ruins.

The air rang with the call of one Allah; virtue beamed fresh and lovely like a garden of roses; divine guidance clothes the earth in a raiment of light; and morality put on on a heavenly brilliance like polished glass, when the orphaned son of AbdAllah, the darling child of Aamina, the uncrowned king of Arabia, Muhammad, in full glory and state descended from the heavenly abode of the holies to walk this earth of time and space.

A sun-like pinnacle over the nine ferments
    Wherein the seven planets lie,
    The last of the prophets and messengers divine;
    like dust under his feet lay
    Like prey by huntsmen bagged the two worlds
    Hung to his steed;
    Unlettered though, in tongue eloquent he spake
    of what Adam to Messiah had said;
    Like lemon, the first fruit of the spring
    He bought in his wake beauty and bloom.
    (May Allah perpetuate His choicest blessings on his soul)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

A glimpse of the Prophets forgiveness

A bu Hurairah related the story of a man from Banu Hanifah named Thumamah Bin Uthal who was taken prisoner by the muslims. After the muslims captured him, this leader of Yamamah was tied to a column in the mosque. The prophet peace be upon him would come to him and say, " What is with you Oh Thumamah?"
    He would reply, " O Muhammad, i have much with me that is good, and if you kill me you are one that has many relatives. If you show favour to me, then you are showing favour to one that is thankful. If you wish for wealth, then ask for it and it shall be given to you."
    The prophet left him and then returned the next day to ask again, "What is with you O Thumamah?"
    He replied, " It is as i have told you."

The prophet left him only to return the following day to ask again, " What is with you O Thumamah?"
    He said, " With me is what i have said to you. If you show kindness,then you are showing kindness to one who is grateful. If you kill, you are one who has a large clan. And if you want wealth, i can provide you with wealth."

The prophet said to his companions, "Free Thumamah."
    Thumamah then went to a date palm tree near the mosque, washed himself, entered the mosque and declared, " I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah and Muhammed is his Messenger."
    He said, "O Muhammad, by Allah, there was no face that was more d to me than your face and now it has become the most beloved face to me. By Allah, there was no religion that was more d to me than your religion,and now it is the most beloved to me. By Allah, there was no land that was more d to me than your city, and now it is the most beloved to me....I wish to perform Umrah...."
    The prophet upon hearing this wish,gave him glad tidings and told him to act upon his noble intentions. When he went to Makkah, someone said to him, "Indeed, you have become apostate."
    He replied, "No, indeed i have accepted Islam with the prophet, and by Allah, you will not receive even a grain of wheat from Yamamah,unless the prophet allows it."

(Lu'Lu'Il Manthoor)

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

wow subhanAllah, that poem is beautiful mashAllah!! jazakillah for posting ^^

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Verily Allah and his angels send their benedictions upon the prophet.
    O ye who believe!send your benedictions upon him and salute him with
    a goodly salutation.'
    (Al-Quran,33/56)

It is reported by Hadhrat Abu Bakr that he heard the prophet peace be upon him say:
    Pray for faith and peace,for next to faith there is nothing better with which one has been favoured than peace.
    (Zad-ul Ma'ad)

Leave a comment:

• Chained_Water
    replied

Apt thread to repost this:

- Sh. Hamza Yusuf
    Thursday, April 21st, 2005

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57334

Leave a comment:

Working...
X