Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well.....

Originally posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
    Stories if indeed true cannot be haraam as they are a statement of facts, there is no harm in stating them though one should avoid timewasting in regards to it, know the effects if it, etc.

What the sister mentioned were stories that are untrue- the storyteller knows that he/she is lying and conceals this aiming to decieve the listener through uttering the words for whatever reason. When we narrate a matter or pass info. onto other we should try to ensure that which we are stating is factually correct and authentic as much as possible.

Our Rasul (saw) would narrate true stories of the Ambiyyah (as), stories of Bani Isra'eel, dreams he saw, incidents he witnessed, etc. but not made fables.

Allahu Alam.
    :jkk: ...

Comment

Re: The Shaykh from Azhar and the Prostitute

Originally posted by Fais View Post
      Well, you could remove you sig for a start :p

Even though i think that quote is an amazing quote from the movie. Good movie too.
      its a true quote. Some people really believe there is no devils in this world. nice try but its true :D
      Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
          This way of thinking is wrong islamiclly. What is not true is a lie; a lie is a sin. Fiction is full of lies. Thats very haraam to convince your reader that something happened when it didnt no matter how heart taking it is. Songs are heart taking and they are haraam. You base a moral on falsehood: That defies the purpose of the moral.

Its better to tell a emotional story of something that really happened then to sin and make one up. There are many emotionally moving stories of the Prophets and their companions.
          Might as well not include alot of the stories from the ansaar then. There are stories which are narrated even by rusulullah (saw). IF a story has a good meaning its not non-islamic.
          " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Its better to tell a emotional story of something that really happened then to sin and make one up. There are many emotionally moving stories of the Prophets and their companions.

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
            Might as well not include alot of the stories from the ansaar then. There are stories which are narrated even by rusulullah (saw). IF a story has a good meaning its not non-islamic.
            They were REAL! Do you not get my point. FICTION IS A LIE and Lies are SINS! thats it. thats my point.
            Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post

They were REAL! Do you not get my point. FICTION IS A LIE and Lies are SINS! thats it. thats my point.
              No not all of them were true. We don't know if they were or not! So you're saying all Fiction stuff is not allowed?? I remember hearing something else from Sheikh Yasir Birjas...IF a story does not contradict Quran or Sunnah, then how is it non-islamic?
              " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
                No not all of them were true. We don't know if they were or not! So you're saying all Fiction stuff is not allowed?? I remember hearing something else from Sheikh Yasir Birjas...IF a story does not contradict Quran or Sunnah, then how is it non-islamic?
                but it does contradict Quran and Sunnah. Its a lie. Is that not enough contradictions. And yes how can something be said as true when its not. Are we not going to trust the companions. For example the seerah (prophets life) thats a true emotional story. All I am saying is something from a "scholar" should be true. We shouldnt be moved on a fictional story.

Comment

Working...
                X