No announcement yet.

Choosing your Partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A live without love? Why, that's terrible!

I believe in truth, freedom, beauty, and above all things LOVE!

(can anyone guess what film the above two sayings come from?)
    respect refugees

Comment

erm, no.
      y dont u enlighten us, baba? :p

Ws
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

salaams

haven't a clue baba!
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by baba
          A live without love? Why, that's terrible!

I believe in truth, freedom, beauty, and above all things LOVE!

(can anyone guess what film the above two sayings come from?)
          Your yet young and need to realise that if u look for religion in your partner, InshaAllah the rest will fall in it's place automatically by Allah's will!

Comment

It came from the film "Moulin Rouge" (the new one with Nicole Kidman in it). The film wasn't all that good, but some parts, especially the frequent bursts into song, were quite amusing...

As for me...

I believe in truth, freedom, beauty, love, and above all things...

ISLAM!

:) :) :)
            respect refugees

Comment

salaams

I agree with you baba dude!:D

Nothing beats Islam ... not in my mind anyhows!!!

Comment

a muslim must have love of islam uppermost in his heart, or his iman is lacking
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Tee hee hee, "long lasting marriages"

A freind fwd'ed me this story:

There was once a man and woman who had been married for more than 60 years.They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted doilies and a stack of money totaling $25,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said,
                  "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doily."

The little old man was so moved, he had to fight back tears. Only two precious doilies were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness. "Honey," he said, "that explains the doilies, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?" "Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the doilies."

Comment

heheh :D

Comment

I don't find the "arranged marriages" and the marriage within the family" Thing so appealing to me personally. I know that it works for some and thats great.

This is why :

Marriage is one of the most important events in a person's life. The person that one marries ultimately affects our whole entire life. It is critical that we have an understanding with that person. One should know how the other person thinks and views this world, and if their views conflict with ours, it will be a problem.

The whole idea of having a love marriage is to marry someone who will help you grow as a person, and this can only be found out if one talks and gets to know the person. Arranged marriages do not allow a person to get to know their mates. First of all, our culture automatically assumes that love marriage is dirty, and that is not the case. Arranged marriage does not allow a person to fully understand how the other person is. A love marriage allows us to do that. Love marriage does not necessarily mean two people living in lust, there should be a mental connection.

I think our parents should trust us and let us make this important decision. I am not ruling out arranged marriages as a whole, but our parents do not know us as well as we do, and keeping this in mind we should be able to make our own decisions.

PS : Most of the arranged marriages last, but its not because the marriage is working, but alot of these people do not have the courage to break it off, because of family pressure.

Thats my 2 cents ;)

Comment

Originally posted by muslim sister
                        What do people get out of getting married at a young age?
                        depends on what you define as a young age

around 16, thats the time when the body tells you that you are entering a new stage, when hormones move, and you seek companionship from the opposite sex

getting married at that age, to the right person, is a blessing

around 20, thats usually a time of schooling and exposure to the opposite sex, and culturally, marriage tends to be a protection against haram acts

around 25, you have began the entrance of adulthood, and you have plotted out your future, and wishing to start a family

around 30 isnt young
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Somebody once asked me, "when you getting married man?!" :D
                          respect refugees

Comment

what did you tell them?
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I said, "who, me?"

And they said, "yeah, YOU!"

:D
                              respect refugees

Comment

My all time fave topic once again arises. :inlove:
                                What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                                Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                                Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                                but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                                but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                                We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                                freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                                Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                                and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                                Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X