• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cuisine in different arab countries

Originally posted by .: hayat :. View Post
    Dunno what is that :scratch:
    its on ur thread....have a look :D
    The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, 'Whoever fasts Ramadhan with Iman and Ihtisab [seeking reward], will have his previous sins forgiven.' {Al-Bukhari & Muslim} :love: :inlove:

Comment

Iraqi White Bean Stew
      • 1 cup dry white bean, soaked over-night and cooked in the morning until they are half-done
      • 400 g lamb
      • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
      • 4 tablespoons corn oil (or any oil you usually use)
      • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
      • 1 cup crushed tomatoes
      • 1 teaspoon curry powder (i prefer madras curry powder-product of india with green label)
      • salt and pepper

Directions
      1. put the lamb meat in a pot, cover with water.
      2. bring to the boil,let it boil for about 30 minutes, lower heatand let it simmer for about 1 hour.
      3. in another pot, fry the onions in corn oil on medium heat until it becomes transparent.
      4. add the beans and tomato paste,stir for about 1 minute until the mixture is well-blended.
      5. add the crushed tomato and the spices and the remaining water of boiled beans (or 2 cups water).
      6. bring the mixture to a boil, let it boil for 15 minutes, lower the heat and let it simmer for 60-90 minutes.
      7. serve with rice and green salad.
      أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah4lyff View Post
        its on ur thread....have a look :D
        awww chicken soup, i like it very much but i did not pay attention to the arabic name :p sorry ;):D

Comment

awww chicken soup, i like it very much but i did not pay attention to the arabic name :p sorry ;):D
          loool no thats harira...

harissa is.... a condiment made from crushed hot peppers, garlic, olive oil, caraway seeds ,coriander seeds and salt. It is used almost daily. It is the most important condiment used in Algerian, Libyan and Tunisian cooking.
          Harisa comes from the Arabic word for "to break into pieces," which is done by pounding hot chilies in a mortar.

:D
          The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, 'Whoever fasts Ramadhan with Iman and Ihtisab [seeking reward], will have his previous sins forgiven.' {Al-Bukhari & Muslim} :love: :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah4lyff View Post
            loool no thats harira...

harissa is.... a condiment made from crushed hot peppers, garlic, olive oil, caraway seeds ,coriander seeds and salt. It is used almost daily. It is the most important condiment used in Algerian, Libyan and Tunisian cooking.
            Harisa comes from the Arabic word for "to break into pieces," which is done by pounding hot chilies in a mortar.

:D
            :embar:

awww, i messed it!!!

shukran for clearing :up:

Comment

:embar:

awww, i messed it!!!

shukran for clearing :up:
              lol :D

Comment

Here's my favorite breakfast..SHAKSHOUKA!! :D

eggs scrambled (or sunny side up), cooked with green peppers, mashed up or diced tomatoes (lots of it), onions, abit of garlic and a dash of black or white pepper...I don't if I'm missing anything, but it's a real simple dish (add the eggs after you've mixed and cooked the other veges/spices on the pan). I like to squirt in a bit of tomato sauce for a more tomato-ish flavor...then you eat it with pitta/lebanese bread....it's a tunisian dish.
                The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by tickledpinko View Post

eggs scrambled (or sunny side up), cooked with green peppers, mashed up or diced tomatoes (lots of it), onions, abit of garlic and a dash of black or white pepper...I don't if I'm missing anything, but it's a real simple dish (add the eggs after you've mixed and cooked the other veges/spices on the pan). I like to squirt in a bit of tomato sauce for a more tomato-ish flavor...then you eat it with pitta/lebanese bread....it's a tunisian dish.
                  awww, shukran habibti,it looks so tastey and sounds easy to made, inshallah i will try it definitely soon :up::inlove: yummy :D

Comment

oooooo i make that for my family for breakfast...its really nice!! :up:

Comment

awww, shukran habibti,it looks so tastey and sounds easy to made, inshallah i will try it definitely soon :up::inlove: yummy :D
                      no problem habibti...I'll add more soon on here inshaallah...do let us know when u get to make it...it's yummy and I'm sure u'll like it :inlove:
                      The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

no problem habibti...I'll add more soon on here inshaallah...do let us know when u get to make it...it's yummy and I'm sure u'll like it :inlove:
                        inshallah you add more and i learn to make more ;) inshallah tomorrow i will try it or next day :D

Comment

:salams:

The food looks really nice. I've only ever tried arab food once in my whole life.

It all looks very yummy! Especially the tagine. That is something I really want to try!

The one time I did have arab food, I didn't really like it. Maybe I ordered the wrong stuff? It was lebanese I think. I've tried turkish food, something called a halep kebab? But they doused it with so much tomato. I don't like tomato-e dishes.

But they make a mean burger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacingStripe433 View Post
                            :salams:

The food looks really nice. I've only ever tried arab food once in my whole life.

It all looks very yummy! Especially the tagine. That is something I really want to try!

The one time I did have arab food, I didn't really like it. Maybe I ordered the wrong stuff? It was lebanese I think. I've tried turkish food, something called a halep kebab? But they doused it with so much tomato. I don't like tomato-e dishes.

But they make a mean burger!!!
                            wAleykum Salaam,

try different dishes and you will probably find the ones you will just love them!

I love arab food and still i have some dishes i do not like.

Oh i wish eating a kebab, dunno the halep one, but really when i was to Turkey i ate very good food mashallah, yummy...

Burger i did not try, inshallah but i like tomatoes and dishes with them :inlove:

Comment

Tharid: The Prophet's (S.A.W) favorite dish

"The superiority of 'Aisha over other women is like the superiority of Tharid to other meals."- Sahih Al Bukhari

Tharid (Lamb and Chickpea Stew) Recipe: :inlove:

Soaking: Overnight
                              Total second-day time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

3 cups chickpeas
                              3 lbs. lamb, cut into bite-sized cubes
                              8 cups water
                              6 cups finely chopped onion
                              2 tsp. ground coriander
                              1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
                              2 tsp. caraway seeds
                              2 tsp. pepper
                              6 eggs
                              1 tbsp. salt
                              1/2 tsp. saffron in 2 tbsp. water
                              1/2 cup honey
                              2 cups of bread crumbs
                              6 rounds pita bread, quartered

Directions:

Put the chickpeas into a large bowl, cover them with cold water and let soak overnight. The next day, drain the chickpeas and set them aside.

Put the lamb into a large stew pot and cover it with cold water. Bring to a boil and skim off the foam that rises to the top. Add the chickpeas, onion, ground and fresh coriander, caraway seeds and pepper; return to a boil, then reduce the heat. Break the eggs directly into the pot so that they will poach along with the stew. Let the stew cook for an hour to an hour and a half, until the chickpeas are done and the lamb is tender. Add salt and saffron, then remove 1/2 cup of broth from the pot, mix it together with the honey, and pour it back into the pot. Return to a boil and boil vigorously for 3 minutes.

Put the pita wedges in the bottom of the serving bowl and pour the tharid over them; or serve the pita wedges alongside the tharid and so that guests may put a few in the bottom of an individual soup bowl, then spoon the stew over the bread.

Comment

oh dear!! HALF CUP HONEY???? with pepper and other ingredients like coriander, salt and other spices?

*sad*
                                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Working...
                                X