Women go for 'retrosexuals'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women go for 'retrosexuals'

LONDON: The fairer sex may have all but abandoned the struggle for equality, for a new survey suggests that most men want a traditional wife and women are often only too happy to oblige.

A British research from the Yorkshire Building Society showed that many females
    are making conventional choices by eschewing the sexual revolution plank of feminism in favour of more traditional values.

Infact, the poll among more than 1,500 adults resembled a manual to happy married life from the 1950s.

The survey suggested that most women desire a "retrosexual" man, who are more hunter gatherer than a "metrosexual" stay-at-home father.

It found that women are increasingly reluctant to opt for a career because they feel "looking after their family or home" was more important.

On attributes "most valued" in a spouse or partner, men put "taking care of the home", on top of the list followed by cooking, cleaning and great parenting. The research found many women making equally conventional choices. Nearly 40% said "financial stability" is one of the most important qualities in their husband.

"A lot of women used to think they wanted a metrosexual man. But then they realised they were fed up with a man who spent longer in the bathroom than they did," Tanya Jackson, corporate affairs manager at the building society, was quoted as saying by the Mail online.

"Many women now feel they actually want a hunter-gatherer and they will look after their man in return," Jackson stressed.
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Re: Women go for 'retrosexuals'

*shoots a deer*
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

"hunter-gatherer" what is he, a neanderthal?
      And :rotfl: at spends more time in the bathroom
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

this word retrosexual sounds like homosexual. som1 plz explain me this word. thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Yokel View Post
          this word retrosexual sounds like homosexual. som1 plz explain me this word. thanx.
          A man with an undeveloped aesthetic sense who spends as little time and money as possible on his appearance and lifestyle.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/retrosexual

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
          Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
          Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
          Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Originally posted by Love&Peace View Post
            A man with an undeveloped aesthetic sense who spends as little time and money as possible on his appearance and lifestyle.

kool! cheers to the explanation.

Comment

Women go for 'retrosexuals'
              for a nano second i thought this thread was about a Carnivorous dinosaur.
              http://www.muslimgrower.com/discussionforum/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Love&Peace View Post

or in other words, a soap and flannel kind of guy
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                  A British research from the Yorkshire Building Society showed that many females
                  Yorkshire building society doing a socialogical research? I bet anyone a 10p mix that this is a precursor to an advertising campaign.

Comment

Do these men exist very much at all? I have never met one. Either I am very lucky or it is because Muslim men tend to look after themselves well!

Comment

Working...
                    X