In pursuit of happyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In pursuit of happyness

What does it mean to be Happy? What is Happy? Is someone happy if he has lots of money? Or is he happy when he does good deeds? Are we chasing happiness everyday?

The happiness pursuit is never ending. think about it, we are constantly working hard so that we fulfil our need to be happy. And this continues until we expire. Is there such thing as true happiness?

Re: In pursuit of happyness

Its been so long I dont even know what happiness feels like anymore :(
    When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

will smith?

Comment

Originally posted by AlefBet View Post
        What does it mean to be Happy? What is Happy? Is someone happy if he has lots of money? Or is he happy when he does good deeds? Are we chasing happiness everyday?

The happiness pursuit is never ending. think about it, we are constantly working hard so that we fulfil our need to be happy. And this continues until we expire. Is there such thing as true happiness?
        No it is subjective, that is why life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is labeled as such. To take away from life, takes away liberty, and it is liberty that grants us the ability to pursue our personal dreams. It is totally subjective. Now of course there may be a group that generally agrees on the same thing, but that is still subjective.

Comment

That was a sad movie.
          www.Islamic-Gear.com

We now have Islamic 'Eid Stationaries!

Comment

Is there a reason why the film spells it 'happyness'??

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquillity View Post
              Perhaps the film maker dropped out of school?
              www.Islamic-Gear.com

We now have Islamic 'Eid Stationaries!

Comment

Originally posted by IslamicGear View Post
                Perhaps the film maker dropped out of school?
                lol :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquillity View Post
                  In the film his kid goes to a daycare centre run by Chinese (or some far-eastern) people. They have a mural on the wall outside and they misspell that word in it.
                  "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                  (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                    In the film his kid goes to a daycare centre run by Chinese (or some far-eastern) people. They have a mural on the wall outside and they misspell that word in it.
                    :up:

Comment

“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest” (Surah Ra’d, 28)
                      " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by Jung's Shadow View Post
                        No it is subjective, that is why life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is labeled as such. To take away from life, takes away liberty, and it is liberty that grants us the ability to pursue our personal dreams. It is totally subjective. Now of course there may be a group that generally agrees on the same thing, but that is still subjective.
                        Salaam,

Couldn't agree more.
                        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Become a Strockbroker :p

Comment

For those old enough to remember: happiness is a cigar called hamlet :wacko:
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by AlefBet View Post

Yup. when I found Islam, I found true happiness. Whether we are experiencing a magnificent calamity and whether we have been blessed with tremendous wealth; it doesn't matter because I know that this world is temporary, you know. I know that when I die I am going to my Creator. I can't take my red hot Mustang or my Xbox Live with me in my Grave....can't take my Apple pc, can't take my music or my Phat Farm shoes.....the only thing I can take with me is my soul and what was inside of it.
                              We find ease when we remember Allah our Creator, because this is the reality of this Life. We don't last forever....our bodies, and heart beat that I feel will stop. What will matter is how I played this life.
                              Islam is free from wantonness. We're free.
                              We've broken free.
                              Last edited by love00; 26-08-08, 12:47 AM.
                              Gone

Comment

Working...
                              X