Over decrotive Jilbaabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Over decrotive Jilbaabs

umm umarah I agree with you that if your jilbaab has got sequins all over it then it defies the pint of wearing one as it attracts attention. I only started wearing jilbaab recently and have only got black and nearly black jilbaabs, but there were some dies i was boiling in them (probly didnt help I was 9 mnths pregnant!) I was thinking of buying a lighter colour one for hot days but summer is over now. I think there is a difference between a jibaab with leopard print and sequins on it and a plain lighter coloured jilbaab, isnt there?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

days not dies...freudian slip

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

sis i think the material is more important than the colour, in the temperature
        if u get that thin black material u wont feel hot? :up:
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Jilbab Should be;

1. Loose so it does not show the shape of the bosoms or buttocks, or any other parts. If she is walking in it, it should not grab her hips, that is how loose it should be, that she moves in the jilbab without it holding on to her.

2. It must extend to her feet

3. It must not attract attention, this means if you are in saudi arabia and you wear a white jilbab you will attract attention. However if you are in Italy then a shade of brown would not attract as much attention as would black. There is no dead set rule about the colour, Ullama from different areas of the world give preference to different colours, the key purpose being, not to stand out in the crowd.

Jilbab not be's;

1. there should be no grooves or contours

2. there should be no eye catching designs

3. Definitely none of the glittery glass/stones etc

These links should give you an idea, these are as per the description given by Ibn Abbass RA. When a man came and asked him explain to him the hijab, and he took his shawl, and put it over his whole body, with his clothes still on, and it fell and covered all his body and you could not tell what was under it.

http://www.essenceofblack.com/yemeni_khimar.htm

http://www.essenceofblack.com/lkh30set.htm
          Last edited by Hekmaa; 12-09-08, 11:21 PM.
          If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

Working...
          X