Over decrotive Jilbaabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over decrotive Jilbaabs

what do you think of them? .. dont they defeat the purpose of wearing a jilbab... or does it depend where you where them?

what about brides..

is there a point of them wearing a jilbab on their wedding

or

is a HUGE big shadr (shawl) enough to cover, cos the jilbab might be over decrotive anyway
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Re: Over decrotive Jilbaabs

what do you mean by on their wedding day? like of course, when shes leaving she ought to cover up with a jilbab, but not inside where non-mahram are not present.

i don't know about overly colourful ly showy jilbabs, don't like them myself, but i like jilbabs that are a little trendy, look nice n elegant....and i don't think thats a problem. just because we cover up, doesn't mean we have to be unattractive with it. we can look elegant and decent even with a niqab if worn rightly.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

The whole point of covering is to be unattractive. Even most of the niqabis in uk have a thing for fashiony and showy items.

Pointless. You might aswell just wear tight shalwar suits if you wanna wear fitted decorative jubbas with colourful scarfs n a black niqab.

Stick with black all out and baggy.
      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

ya i think chador is usually gud!

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree with Keekee.

Besides I doubt anyone would want to wear flashy jilbabs everyday aside from special occasions.

Comment

i think theres a difference between lukin over the top attractive and decent

yes u cn wear a nice jilbab

but it shudnt be over the top, like bright pink lol

and the jilbabs are getting tighter nowadays

may allah make us amongst those who wear loose clothing lol ameen

and its tru the whole point is to make u luk less attractive
            check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
              The whole point of covering is to be unattractive. Even most of the niqabis in uk have a thing for fashiony and showy items.

Pointless. You might aswell just wear tight shalwar suits if you wanna wear fitted decorative jubbas with colourful scarfs n a black niqab.

So you're saying we just have to wear black, right?

Well then why don't you men stick to one specific colour also, then you won't attract attention either.

I don't see how colour and a little bit of "decoration" can defeat the purpose, we're still fully covered and no one said anything about fitted ones.

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post

Well then why don't you men stick to one specific colour also, then you won't attract attention either.

I don't see how colour and a little bit of "decoration" can defeat the purpose, we're still fully covered and no one said anything about fitted ones.
                yes i heard a sheikh discussing this and they usually say that diff colour is ok to wear as long as it isnt over the top inshallah
                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

ok scribble **roll eyes**
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                    yes i heard a sheikh discussing this and they usually say that diff colour is ok to wear as long as it isnt over the top inshallah
                    ok scribble **roll eyes**
                    Wannabe.

Anyway, so what if it is a bit flashier than normal? You wear confidence, and wearing nice things makes you look more confident and makes you feel good in yourself, then other people can see you're not afraid of being a Muslim and that you're proud to be one.

Comment

exactly scribble and hijab....those of us with taste don't like flashy jilbabs anyway. but why can't we look decent; even the men who wear thobes by designer thobes and nice kufis, tell them to stick to white sacks too.

also, whats wrong with a little elegance, at least we cover up decently. as a learned person i know recently said, in this day and age even if someone wears a hijab (headscarf) its to be applauded.
                      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Hmmm.....

Try to discuss matters sensibly in a sensitive way insha'allah (I know its odd- me of all people having to remind this to others!) but don't say a matter that would be interpretted by the opposite gender of brothers/ sisters as a negative statement of them nor should we overtly interpret anothers words as an attack.

The purpose of all clothing from the deen and its permissibility accordingly is that it meets the criteria of preserving hayyah covering and concealing the awrah that non-mahram should not see and become attracted, this applies with jilbaab/ hijaab to sisters and thowbs/jubbahs in the case of brothers. The clothing should act insha'allah as a shield from prying eyes and approaches of sin, know also our clothing choice worn in itself could potentially be counted as ibadah if we purify our nyah constantly to follow Allah's commands, make the supplication, refrain from sin, aim to imitate Rasul'Allah (saw)/ his wives (ra), etc.

With that in mind if now you get all these 'designer label' flashy thowbs/jubbahs for brothers in shops with weird trimming and patterns then he should be mindful as to what effect it will have on on-lookers. What is the point of clothing that is meant to represent ones piety and humbleness before Allah (swt) if it has this expensive label on it indicating ones wealthy status to all attendees of the Masjid so as to show how he can afford it? And the idea that he can go into an 'Islamic' shop and just wear whatever he pleases does not apply for his clothing is a representation not of himself alone but of believers as a whole- some of these clothing aimed at brothers these days are just unsuitable as they're blatantly too tight/ have see through material/ are too short/ are just too abnormally designed ie. shiny/bright/patterns, etc. thereby he should think of the effects these clothing will have in terms of unrelated sisters that may see him wear it, kuffar who may interpret that as 'Islamic'- clothing of Muslims, people whose khushoo he'll destroy, whether they actually cover him sufficiently, etc.
                        Our principles are from Islam- the roots and the effect are for Allah (swt), never should a sister feel by wearing the burkah, niqaab, jilbaab, hijaab, etc. that its a 'sack' and others will think she has 'no confidence' (subhan'allah what more confidence can you get then our Muslimaat in behaviour and appearance?), by pleasing Allah (swt) as much as we are able in all matters you'll feel more then good- the sweetness of imaan in this dunyah and the jannah of the akhirah insha'allah.

It is one thing if a clothing is permissible for an individual but whether the garment is tasteful/suitable for others considering the climate and environment of the people unrelated to him seeing him within this item you is another matter altogether.

We should all lower our gaze as much as possible and do tawbah for if ever we've deliberately gazed upon the impermissible- and be mindful to safeguard ourselves and others so as they too are able to lower their gaze upon us by deliberatly avoiding to wear attire that may attract negative attention. And insha'allah for these sacrifices whereby we save ourselves and others from harm Allah (swt) will reward us dearly.

Allahu Alam.
                        Last edited by Fudhayl; 25-08-08, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post

The Prophets Wives all used to wear black. Its sunnah to wear black.

That doesnt make all other colors haraam but hey its the best.
                          Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

I'm sort of an all black girl myself.... I have some brown and really dark red too but I mostly wear black.

I'm not a big fan of the really colorful stuff... some of the hijab combos I see are a bit insane... you could see them from a mile away...

Comment

When it comes to hijab and/or niqab, sometimes I wonder where this sticking to black color came from. Remember black color draws heat. So covering itself is a mujahida for a muslima. I dont understand why is there a trend to wearing black color burqa/hijab and/or niqab because its very difficult to cope and manage in black colored clothes even for men and especially when its a hot climate.

I am not saying it has to be colorful and trendy as it defeats the purpose. Also, I think you have used the wrong terminology when you say "unattractive". The purpose of hijab is not to appear unattractive but rather. However, yes i agree all those glittery, designer and all those patterned hijabs, especially ones people buy in Saudi Arabia like even though they are black but have so much design, pattern and other stuff that it defeats the purpose. I think purpose of hijab is to not to grab attention or to drive attention away. This can be one if one wears any hijab of any other color, like grey, light grey or any other lighter color burqa/jilbab with a combination of darker color scarf. However, any color, i guess it should be plain, without design and without shine and it shud be ok.
                              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Working...
                              X