Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backchat

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post

It is the consensus of the classical scholars that da'eef hadith, while it can't be used to establish a law of Shariah, can be used for fadha'il or for admonition regarding a specific act.
    Thats what I have learnt too. But the general trend and mentality of people these days is - as soon as they hear the word "Da'eef" they react as if its a fake hadith, false or fabricated hadith. However, like you have said, general consensus of scholars (except a certain) is, in case of ahadith regarding virtues / fadha'il even weak ahadith can be taken into consideration. Because weak does not mean its a false or fabricated hadith and its only used for the purpose of fadha'il i.e., to motivate one to practice upon an action.

Ulama agree that, in case of masaa'il only authentic and strong ahadith should be taken into consideration.
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
      Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah

So .... Backbiting. i know everyone does it but its most rife and widespread in Asians. I live in a town thats jam packed with Asians,and literally no-one can live without someone making mountains out of molehills and spreading Slander.

If your fathers a God fearing scholar the more people like to backbite, speculate and slander his daughters and family. the number of times people have spread absolute bollocks about me

The thing is, its not even just interest. These people who backbite and spy+slander, do so with relish, enjoyment and absolute malice that they do not even try to hide. Weekly Taleems are organized by the men so that backbiting is kept minimal, but on the streets, in the shops in the houses? boy alhamdulillah i was bought up to mind my own business and not to talk of others.

The problem i see is, these women (its men too; but women seem to do it more) read about the sin of backbiting, slander etc, yet it makes no difference. they read, they preach and then they backbite. don't they know how much of a sin its to hurt someones feelings by slandering them? when i got divorced, naturally i had to say why i couldn't stay married to this man, i went through quite a bit in two months being married to someone who emotionally wrecked me, and after the divorce not being able to take the situation him and his family spread the silliest lies about me. many people know me and my family and brushed the lies aside, others took joy in seeing so and so's daughter divorced and talked.
      anyway, my whining aside, how do we get through to these people that to backbite, slander and to take joy in someones mis-fortune is WRONG? nothing seems to work and they don't seem to realize what a HUGE sin it is to commit these sins!
      It hurts to be a Victim of Backbiting. I've been a victim of Backbiting, it really hurts even more than say being physically beaten, when people spread lies about you and slander for no other reason than Malice and pure hatred on their part, it rips pieces out of you! But like my Dad says to me " You will never be able to control what people say and think about you, so Stop Trying!" It's hard but you just got to get your head down and keep going where your going. Keep doing what your doing, people will talk regardless!

Comment

:start:

:wswrwb:

Originally posted by truepath View Post
        Thats what I have learnt too. But the general trend and mentality of people these days is - as soon as they hear the word "Da'eef" they react as if its a fake hadith, false or fabricated hadith. However, like you have said, general consensus of scholars (except a certain) is, in case of ahadith regarding virtues / fadha'il even weak ahadith can be taken into consideration. Because weak does not mean its a false or fabricated hadith and its only used for the purpose of fadha'il i.e., to motivate one to practice upon an action.

Ulama agree that, in case of masaa'il only authentic and strong ahadith should be taken into consideration.
        Da'eef ahadith with different isnaad but same matn or even same meaning of matn can be collected and then hadith becomes hasan li ghayrihi. But I am not sure if the hadith can be used for daleel or not and Allah سبحانه و تعالى knows best.
        www.ashaabulquran.com
        www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

redmist; that is so true; i'd rather have someone come up to me and say it to my face so i can correct them but no. your dads advice is pretty wise mashAllah.

also on the hadith thing, i'v noticed that too and Jilbabi most probably just wanted to confirm the hadith, but some people do go overboard with the da'eef hadith thing. i posted something on da'eef hadith and a'amal from shama'il al kubra on my blog
          http://engagersindawah.blogspot.com/...aining-to.html
          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Working...
          X