cure for insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cure for insomnia

One thing I do if I find I have a restless mind which does not want to go to sleep is to drink tea made from an herb called chamomile. Unlike alcohol or strong pharmacutical drugs which act by "depressing" the central nervous system, Chamomile's effect is mild, relaxing and provides a good night's sleep.

Also unlike the aforementioned drugs Chamomile is not addictive and does not cause drowsyness. As a matter of fact, it is good for those times when you feel "nervous" or "stressed" but need to be fully aware.

The taste is definitely an aquired taste (somewhat similar to a bitter apple taste, but is definitely a refreshing change from regular caffeinated tea.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Pooya, I've also heard of the good effects of the chamomile, but I've also heard many doctors say that a small amount of alcohol before going to bed is beneficial, especially in the case of older people. Of course, the Muslim faith may not accept alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Outsider
      Pooya, I've also heard of the good effects of the chamomile, but I've also heard many doctors say that a small amount of alcohol before going to bed is beneficial, especially in the case of older people. Of course, the Muslim faith may not accept alcohol.
      i myself am not muslim and have had both. i still prefer chamomile.

and while i do understand some of the benefits which alcohol consumption in moderation brings( decreased risk of heart attack, etc.) i think absinance from alcohol is a wise decision. the bad definitely far outweighs the good.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X