contact lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact lenses

can't put them on. I've even rubbed it on eye ball for ages it just sticks to my finger.

Please advise!
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Re: contact lenses

Your fingers must be really greasy. Erm try washing your hands and then dry them with a towel. Then try again. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
      Your fingers must be really greasy. Erm try washing your hands and then dry them with a towel. Then try again. ;)
      possibly, but I've had my brother and sister try it too but they just wont stick in.

When I went to opticians he made me try them first, they went in instantly without any help (which he tought was remarkable since it was my first time), took them out straight awya too but never been able to put them in since. I just dont have time to go opticians anymore cuz i finish work at 6 and I need to at least try them on for a week to be able to wear them next weekend.
      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Are you rinsing/cleaning the lens with enough solution? The key to it is to make sure its well cleaned and lubricated. Try washing with more solution and place the centre of the lens on the tip of your finger.

Then lift your eyelid and slide the lens directly over the centre of your eye.
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

why are u having problems?

I cant place it straight on the lens ... so i place it first on the side (on the white part) and then moving my eyeball around until the lens are in contact and it usually stays in place after that ...
          When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
            possibly, but I've had my brother and sister try it too but they just wont stick in.

When I went to opticians he made me try them first, they went in instantly without any help (which he tought was remarkable since it was my first time), took them out straight awya too but never been able to put them in since. I just dont have time to go opticians anymore cuz i finish work at 6 and I need to at least try them on for a week to be able to wear them next weekend.
            try to go in lunch break?
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

maybe inside out? or ure eyes hav grown in size? allah knos best

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                Are you rinsing/cleaning the lens with enough solution? The key to it is to make sure its well cleaned and lubricated. Try washing with more solution and place the centre of the lens on the tip of your finger.

That's what I was going to suggest. :up:

I used to watch my sister wear her contacts in the mirror but she doesn't let me anymore because my facial expressions change as she plops in it casually.

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post

Jzk
                  I'll try again tonight but if it doesn't work than I'll be wearing goggles!

Comment

someone said my eyes are too tired and dry :S

Comment

Eye drops.

Comment

you need to get the nack of it. Make sure your fingers aint too wet and it doesnt have to go straight on the pupil. When I wear my tricolour green,brown,hazel contact lenses- I just stick em anywhere on my eyeball and then move the pupil to where I've put it.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                          someone said my eyes are too tired and dry :S
                          :S then give them a rest, use some eye drops like optrex, and later on when you do try what worked well for me was to get them right on the tip of the finger, hold open the eye and gently place them on the eye and they should stick :insha: If it helps look around a bit after they've semi stuck
                          It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                          -Muslim

Comment

Doesn't water and the contact react?

Or is it the solution, and my sister told me her contact rots (not literally, of course, not that gullible) if she keeps it in for longer than 12 hours. Unless they're them disposable ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                              you need to get the nack of it. Make sure your fingers aint too wet and it doesnt have to go straight on the pupil. When I wear my tricolour green,brown,hazel contact lenses- I just stick em anywhere on my eyeball and then move the pupil to where I've put it.
                              :rotfl: ohhh dear!

Salman- Akhi, maybe your optician can recommend eye drops for your eyes?
                              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Working...
                              X