nikah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nikah

I am currently in my last year of undergraduate studies. I have someone in mind for marriage and he also asked for my hand from my parents. my parents delayed it because I was too young(19) and now two years later my parents want me to get nikah done. I am only two semesters away from graduation. Getting the nikah done means that I'll be married to him and i believe that would be a distraction for me at this point. I want to finish my school first. Another thing is that If im married I want to live with him. If im not going to live with him there's no point getting married bc he is in england and I am in Canada. There's nothing haram that could happen bw us. so I dont see a point right now. He is just finishing his masters and he needs to get a job and be more stable in life. I am not materialistic or im not in for money. I just want him to be able to support me if he has to. With so many things still needed to be done I think its too early to tie a knot. May be if he was done his education and was working, it'd be a different story. I dont know im very confused. Someone help me.

Once again he's in UK and im in Canada and I dont think there's a point of getting married bc we wont be seeing each other anywayz so no haram will take place.

Re: nikah

Why you do not tell this to your parents?And if you have a talk with him maybe you listen his point of view too...
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

I did speak with him about this. He wanted to get nikah done because he said that way he wont have to worry about keeping any limits to what we talk about (ie. flirt etc) but I gave him my reasoning soo he told me to tell my dad that he cant afford it right now as he's not working and dont have much to take care of me. Whether Rukhsati is done or not, me and him both of us think that after nikah I am his responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by HijabQ View Post
        I did speak with him about this. He wanted to get nikah done because he said that way he wont have to worry about keeping any limits to what we talk about (ie. flirt etc) but I gave him my reasoning soo he told me to tell my dad that he cant afford it right now as he's not working and dont have much to take care of me. Whether Rukhsati is done or not, me and him both of us think that after nikah I am his responsibility
        Then you must talk with your dad and explain to him the situation and your feelings and wishes and Insha'Allah the things will be solve in a good way for you.Make also Istikhara :up: May Allah give what is best for you ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by .: hayat :. View Post
          Then you must talk with your dad and explain to him the situation and your feelings and wishes and Insha'Allah the things will be solve in a good way for you.Make also Istikhara :up: May Allah give what is best for you ameen.
          thank you sis for your advice Jazakallah Khair

Comment

Salams

dont use studies or anything as an excuse..if i were u id just go for nikah!

Cos anything can happen..not saying that it would hope not inshallah but delaying things anything can happen

and ive heard horror stories of people delaying to get married cos one found someone else or changed their mind

my advice is get nikah done :)

Comment

Originally posted by HijabQ View Post
              thank you sis for your advice Jazakallah Khair
              afwan habibti :inlove: wish you all the best!

Comment

sister
                if he is best 4 u then first u should get merry to him.
                my advice is that merry to him if he is right person
                heba.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                  Salams

dont use studies or anything as an excuse..if i were u id just go for nikah!

Cos anything can happen..not saying that it would hope not inshallah but delaying things anything can happen

and ive heard horror stories of people delaying to get married cos one found someone else or changed their mind

my advice is get nikah done :)

well studies is not an "excuse". When im married I want to be able to give time to him and also be able to live with him. and I know if im married he would be my priority, not my studies which might result into me wasting 4 years of my life at school.

Comment

well I spoke with my parents and they said they will wait until im ready. so alhumdulillah that I have parents who are soo understanding.

thanks to everyone who tried to help :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X