This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuality.

This is coming from a sixteen year old so bear with me.

Okay so I've noticed that everyone (or almost everyone...) around me (except my friends) have got something against Gay's. Okay, I get it, God forbade homosexuality. But what no one has told me, other than to stay away, and that they are bad and disgusting and whatever? Is WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IF WE HAVE A GAY FRIEND OR KNOW A GAY PERSON! Do we ignore them? Do we shun them, do we tell them it's bad and that they'r going to hell? Force them into liking the opposite sex when it's very clear that they dont? I mean, what? I have a bisexual cousin who is 12 years old.. TWELVE! (I think you need to be a bit older to fuly understand these things, and to know for sure but still... He is mature for his age, and at the same time not. He's really smart too but anyway) And he was mortified, he wanted to tell me and when he did, I was okay with it. He thought that I wouldn't be, but I was, because I dont have a problem with that. I myself am straight, but does that give me the right to hate gays? I don't know... This, in my opinion is discrimination, just like racism, just like sexism, whatever it is, you name it. You know my question, and thank you for your answer.
    Last edited by Nado0o0oya; 04-08-08, 01:23 AM.
    [SIZE="1"][RIGHT][B]I need... [COLOR="Red"]Something[/COLOR]. Something, [COLOR="red"]is missing[/COLOR]...[/B][/RIGHT][/SIZE]

[LEFT][I][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What am I doing? Well that's easy, right now I'm [COLOR="Black"][B]hating[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]loving[/B][/COLOR] bieng sixteen years old.[/COLOR][/SIZE] Eh... :rubeyes::rolleyes::inlove::o:(;):):D:zzz:[/I][/LEFT]

Re: Homosexuality.

I know someone who is good friends with some one who was in a same sex relationship, she still spoke to her and saw her but as she got more religous herself her friend started questioning her actions and realised that what she was doing was haram. It took years though. SHe never acted like she approved of what her friend was doing and told her friend that she didn't want to hear anything about her girlfriend or that part of her life

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Well, didnt her friend find that offensive? I mean, if she were straight, would'nt her friend want to know about her life, if it was with a man? I dont know.. It just seems unfair to me.
      [SIZE="1"][RIGHT][B]I need... [COLOR="Red"]Something[/COLOR]. Something, [COLOR="red"]is missing[/COLOR]...[/B][/RIGHT][/SIZE]

[LEFT][I][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]What am I doing? Well that's easy, right now I'm [COLOR="Black"][B]hating[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]loving[/B][/COLOR] bieng sixteen years old.[/COLOR][/SIZE] Eh... :rubeyes::rolleyes::inlove::o:(;):):D:zzz:[/I][/LEFT]

Comment

Originally posted by Nado0o0oya View Post

Okay so I've noticed that everyone (or almost everyone...) around me (except my friends) have got something against Gay's. Okay, I get it, God forbade homosexuality. But what no one has told me, other than to stay away, and that they are bad and disgusting and whatever? Is WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IF WE HAVE A GAY FRIEND OR KNOW A GAY PERSON! Do we ignore them? Do we shun them, do we tell them it's bad and that they'r going to hell? Force them into liking the opposite sex when it's very clear that they dont? I mean, what? I have a bisexual cousin who is 12 years old.. TWELVE! (I think you need to be a bit older to fuly understand these things, and to know for sure but still... He is mature for his age, and at the same time not. He's really smart too but anyway) And he was mortified, he wanted to tell me and when he did, I was okay with it. He thought that I wouldn't be, but I was, because I dont have a problem with that. I myself am straight, but does that give me the right to hate gays? I don't know... This, in my opinion is discrimination, just like racism, just like sexism, whatever it is, you name it. You know my question, and thank you for your answer.
        I believe most Christians (including myself) do not hate practising homosexuals but only what they do.
        "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

even if it was with a man it would have been haram and my friend would of told her it isn't good! lol

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

This is really hard....it's so much harder when you already love that person. I have two friends who are gay, quite openly. I don't ask questions, I don't get involved...the only nice thing is that its sort of like having two extra girlfriends. But yea a family member...I don't know how that would be, it's illegal in my country to be gay so...I wouldn't know any further. If it's really that important to stop him, just try to be supportive and do your best to calmly push heterosexual ideas and situations in front of him without actually seeming like you're doing so, he's quite young and underdeveloped, there might still be time.

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen View Post
              I believe most Christians (including myself) do not hate practising homosexuals but only what they do.

'Practising' homosexuals?!

Comment

Your cousin is only 12! You shouldn't be agreeing with him nor letting him know you are fine with what he is doing. You should explain to him nicely that it is not a natural act then talk to him about the stance of this act in Islam. Engage him in conversation and give him detailed books to read about the Prophet Lut AS. May Allah SWT guide him and us all to the straight path. Ameen.

Comment

I'd stay away from the 'gay and proud' type.
                  If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

what is with the love of sodomites recently?

what is there that is so attractive about the anal cavity that every week we have to discuss poop-bangers?
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Personally, what two adults do in private (consenting) isn't any of our business. There's no evidence of gay people bringing up children any worse than a man-woman; no evidence for higher disease rates, crime, illiteracy or emotional instability. The thought obviously doesn't sit well with people but this is more to do with their own sensibilities and if such sensibilities are offended then tough.

This said, if you are against homosexuality (a stance which I personally find hard to understand) then you can differentiate between disliking gay people and disagreeing with homosexuality. I know many people who miss salat but people don't turn their backs on these people yet they would be rude, angry and disrespectful towards someone who is gay.

People who are gay can never get rid of their feelings. It is what is natural to them. This is why people, even if they disagree, should do so in a respectful manner and shouldn't display any sort of animosity towards gay people. Such an attitude helps no one. It stigmatises a whole section of society and creates divisions.

For those of you who take the islamic stance I'm not sure that you can scorn or hate gays. I may be wrong on this but I always had it down as a "don't do because allah said it" rather than "don't do it because allah said it and its completely disgusting." If someone could elaborate (in summary) the accepted islamic response I'd be interested in knowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

what is there that is so attractive about the anal cavity that every week we have to discuss poop-bangers?
                        1 in 10 are gay. I see homosexuality related threads are even more sparse than this number. I don't think that these discussions are being done to death, or over-represetned. Plus, its a real world issue. Also, its technically the islamic way to ask questions and put all issues out into the open, is it not? You'll see quite quickly that there's no love of the sodomites on this website. Unfortunately, some people and some dogmas choose to discriminate against others for being born the way they are, or for simply thinking that god may not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

We have sisters posting here as well as probably young children, this sort of disgusting language shouldnt be allowed here.

Comment

thats my point, wolf

we should not be discussing sodomites, its forbidden, end of discussion
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Ya definately, there's no need for that...

Comment

Working...
                              X