No announcement yet.

How to stop being taken advantage of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

Originally posted by OBL View Post
    Have an accident, they won't wanna drive with you again seriously.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
      some people wnt ask you once or twice, lol theyll ask you a gajilllion times....u have to run around them lol
      then one has to remain firm... I've gone through the same thing, but them asking a gazillion times is very rude especially when they're repeatedly being told politely no... So in essence a more firm no for them to get the message is required... Although then again there's this whole 'izzat' thing i imagine "lets use black magic on them cos they wont give us a ride" rubbish...

Comment

It's not just the driving them around part that annoys me. Say my sister makes plans to go out. She won't come and ask me then, she'll just make her plans and then when it's time to go, then she comes and tells me and I gotta go stop what I'm doing and go take her where she wants to go....

And they don't ask me. They tell me.....
        "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
        (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
          It's not just the driving them around part that annoys me. Say my sister makes plans to go out. She won't come and ask me then, she'll just make her plans and then when it's time to go, then she comes and tells me and I gotta go stop what I'm doing and go take her where she wants to go....

And they don't ask me. They tell me.....
          LOL, this thread made me smile :D

May Allah(swt) reward you in abundance bro :meow:

Sounds like you are a fab brother mashaAllah.. you seem to be doing a good job, I don't see the problem here, keep it up :p lol
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
          [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
          [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
          Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
            LOL, this thread made me smile :D

May Allah(swt) reward you in abundance bro :meow:

Sounds like you are a fab brother mashaAllah.. you seem to be doing a good job, I don't see the problem here, keep it up :p lol
            i agree wholeheartedly! If i had a brother to drive me around what a blessing! subhanAllah

They shouldn't just use you whenever, and make you change your plans they should ask you in advance if the situation permits, but you also think... isn't it better that you take them to their destination and they get there safely rather than walking the streets alone? especially if it's late. Obviously not 'can you drive me to the shop down the road, but if it's somewhere important and needed inshAllah go for it! Great practise for later on in life inshAllah :D

MashAllah, may Allah swt reward you abundently! And gives all us eager caring brothers - Ameen! (even if they do it unwillingly)
            Bye bye :salams

Comment

^ aameen

i think keep it up aswel insha allah, its nice of u to drive them around. why dnt u just say to them can u tell me beforehand when u made plans and u want me to take u? if she gives u a bit more notice it probly would not annoy u so much :up:
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Haha this reminds me of a cousin of mine. Seems like he became the guy that has to do everything since the family keeps bothering him. Whenever someone moves, he has to help. When people need rides, he has to take them. When people come from out of town, he has to pick them up from the airport. Whenever something is needed in the house, he has to go out and buy whatever. I remember at one of my cousin's weddings last year, ppl in the family made him go and drop off some total strangers to the airport...it was too funny...i feel sorry for him though, but Alhamdulillah he has a good heart. May Allah reward him for his sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                  :salams

Especially by sisters. They're always using me to drive them places. Sometimes it gets annoying but there's nothing I can really do about it seems. If I tell them no, then they just go to my parents. And I don't say no to my parents.... Then there's also other family members, always phoning me to drive them around and I don't know how to say no to them.

you must be a trustworthy driver is all I can guess. They must rely on you!:D
                  Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Working...
                  X