Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop being taken advantage of?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to stop being taken advantage of?

    :salams

    Especially by sisters. They're always using me to drive them places. Sometimes it gets annoying but there's nothing I can really do about it seems. If I tell them no, then they just go to my parents. And I don't say no to my parents.... Then there's also other family members, always phoning me to drive them around and I don't know how to say no to them.

    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

    Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

  • #2
    Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

    Sell the car :up:

    Or just keep driving them around and excercising your patience
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

      Originally posted by Hiking View Post
      Sell the car :up:

      Or just keep driving them around and excercising your patience
      :) It's not mine.
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

      Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

        :start:

        Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
        :salams

        Especially by sisters. They're always using me to drive them places. Sometimes it gets annoying but there's nothing I can really do about it seems. If I tell them no, then they just go to my parents. And I don't say no to my parents.... Then there's also other family members, always phoning me to drive them around and I don't know how to say no to them.

        :wswrwb:

        I face the same thing when I go back home Pakistan. Nothing you can do about it bro, just be patient and ان شا ء الله everything will be fine.
        www.ashaabulquran.com
        www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

          :wswrwb:

          I think u should explain to them why u can't etc. and just be honest..and if they go to ur parents explain ur parents that ur not able to drive everyone around because u also have plans etc. But explain this to them in a good matter(akhlaaq) and insha'Allah they will understand.
          [I][B][COLOR="Navy"]Be patient. Verily the promise of Allah is true, and let not those who are devoid of certainty in faith discourage you from conveying [Allah’s Message].[/I]
          [Ar-Rum: 60] [/COLOR][/B]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

            Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
            :salams

            Especially by sisters. They're always using me to drive them places. Sometimes it gets annoying but there's nothing I can really do about it seems. If I tell them no, then they just go to my parents. And I don't say no to my parents.... Then there's also other family members, always phoning me to drive them around and I don't know how to say no to them.

            Think of the good you are doing by driving your sisters. I wish I could get my brother to drive me places, he usually just says no unless I have to go to work and my parents are not available to drive me. :( Though to be fair, I criticise his driving, so maybe that's why he doesn't like driving me.
            مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

            "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
            It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
            Surah al-Baqarah
            [2:245]

            .:.
            .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
            Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

            .:.
            ...said the spider to the fly...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

              Originally posted by NiqaaBi_InBlack View Post
              :wswrwb:

              I think u should explain to them why u can't etc. and just be honest..and if they go to ur parents explain ur parents that ur not able to drive everyone around because u also have plans etc. But explain this to them in a good matter(akhlaaq) and insha'Allah they will understand.
              Good advice:up:

              And if they still refuse, charge them for petrol, the fuel ain't getting any cheaper these days

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                Think of the good you are doing by driving your sisters. I wish I could get my brother to drive me places, he usually just says no unless I have to go to work and my parents are not available to drive me. :( Though to be fair, I criticise his driving, so maybe that's why he doesn't like driving me.
                Do you think there's reward in it even if I do it unwillingly???
                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                (al-Baqarah: 143)

                Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                  Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                  Do you think there's reward in it even if I do it unwillingly???
                  Ask yourself something, why do you drive them places? Is it because you have to, or is it because you are doing it for the sake of Allah? If it's the former, then pretend that you are doing it for the sake of Allah till you finally are doing it for the sake of Allah.
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

                  "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

                  .:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

                  .:.
                  ...said the spider to the fly...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                    THe next time they ask you, just fall down on the floor like you're having a fit, and start crying uncontrollably. Do it everytime they ask...that might make them stop :)
                    Or
                    Just think of the reward you're getting by helping them...but i like the first idea better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                      Originally posted by Ansariyah View Post
                      THe next time they ask you, just fall down on the floor like you're having a fit, and start crying uncontrollably. Do it everytime they ask...that might make them stop :)
                      Or
                      Just think of the reward you're getting by helping them...but i like the first idea better.
                      LOL thats funny


                      but i know how it feels...sometimes people take the mick out of you...treat you like a dorrmat and its soo hard b coz u wnt to get reward but at the same time you dnt want to do something
                      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                        Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                        :salams

                        Especially by sisters. They're always using me to drive them places. Sometimes it gets annoying but there's nothing I can really do about it seems. If I tell them no, then they just go to my parents. And I don't say no to my parents.... Then there's also other family members, always phoning me to drive them around and I don't know how to say no to them.

                        :wswrwb: maybe they like having a mahram to take them out ? Allahu alam
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

                        The Prophet :saw: said:

                        "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

                        muslim

                        Narrated 'Abdullah:

                        The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


                        "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

                        By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

                        [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                          if you've nothing else to do then whats stopping you from taking them?

                          If you have something else to do then just tell them what it is you're doing, apologise and remain firm that you need to do this particular thing.

                          Khalaas :p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                            Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
                            if you've nothing else to do then whats stopping you from taking them?

                            If you have something else to do then just tell them what it is you're doing, apologise and remain firm that you need to do this particular thing.

                            Khalaas :p
                            some people wnt ask you once or twice, lol theyll ask you a gajilllion times....u have to run around them lol
                            check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How to stop being taken advantage of?

                              Have an accident, they won't wanna drive with you again seriously.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X