Clear All

• Honey

-------------------------------------------------------------

Honey
    Prophet's guidance regarding the usuage of it
    By
    Ibn al-Qayyim

Source:
    Taken from Zaad al-Ma'aad, 4/224, 225, 4/33, 34.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to the Prophet's guidance concerning drinking, it is the most perfect guidance that maintains good health. He (Sallalahi Alahi WaSallam) used to drink honey mixed with cold water. This is very healthy and no one can understand how healthy it is except the most prominent doctors.

- For drinking honey on an empty stomach dissolves phlegm, cleanses the stomach, reduces its viscosity, washes away waste matter, warms it up a little and opens its inlet and exit.

- It has a similar effect on the liver, kidneys and urethra.

- It is more beneficial to the stomach than any other kind of sweet that enters it. (However it may cause side effects in people who are suffering from jaundice because it is hot and jaundice is hot, so it may aggravate it; in order to avoid this effect vinegar may be added, then honey will become beneficial and drinking it will be more useful than many or most of the drinks that are made from sugar, especially for those who are not used to these drinks, for if they drink them they will not suit them as well as honey does, or even come close. )

- With regard to drinking it when it is collected and well-prepared, this is one of the most beneficial things for the body, and one of the greatest means of preserving health; it is very refreshing and energizing, and it is good for the liver and heart. If it is well-prepared it provides nutrition and makes food reach all parts of the body in the most effective manner.

Zaad al-Ma'aad, 4/224, 225

And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him):

- Honey contains great benefits, for it cleanses impurities from the veins and stomach etc, whether it is eaten or applied to the skin.

- It is good for the elderly, the phlegmatic and those whose humours are cold and wet.

- It is nourishing, aids digestion, energizes, makes unpleasant medicine palatable, is good for the liver and chest, is a diuretic and helps to ease coughs caused by phlegm.

- If it is drunk warm mixed with rosewater it is beneficial for one who has been bitten by a scorpion or who has consumed opium.

- If it is drunk on its own mixed with water, it is good for the one who has been bitten by a rabid dog or eaten poisonous mushrooms.

- If fresh meat is placed in honey, it will stay fresh for three months, as will cucumbers, pumpkins and eggplants. Many fruits can be kept in it for six months. It will also preserve a dead body, and it is known as the trustworthy preserver.

- If the body of one who is afflicted with lice is painted with honey, it will kill the lice and their eggs.

- It makes the hair long, beautiful and smooth.

- If used on the eyes like kohl it clears the vision.

- If the teeth are brushed with it, it whitens the teeth and makes them bright, and keeps the gums healthy.

- It opens the veins and induces menstruation.

- If taken on an empty stomach it takes away phlegm and cleanses the stomach, clearing away waste matter and restoring the correct temperature. It does likewise to the liver, kidneys and urethra.

- As well as all this, it has no side effects and causes little harm.

It may cause side effects in one who is suffering from jaundice, but that may be counteracted by vinegar and the like, in which case it becomes very beneficial for him. It is a kind of nourishment, a kind of medicine, a kind of drink, a kind of sweet, a kind of cream.

There is nothing that has been created for us for a similar purpose that is better than it, or even comes close.

The ancient peoples relied on it, and in most of the books of the ancients there is no mention of sugar at all and it was unknown to them, for it is something that is very new.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to drink honey mixed with water on an empty stomach, and this is the secret of maintaining good health that no one can understand except one who is intelligent and blessed.

Zaad al-Ma'aad, 4/33, 34

- originally posted by Abdur-rehman Meda

Re: Honey

:jkk: i was wondering yesterday how honey could be cure for anything after reading some hadiths
    "If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

http://muslimwiki.com/mw/images/thum...Palestine2.jpg

Comment

:jkk: for the post

"- If used on the eyes like kohl it clears the vision. "

Whos gonna be the first to try that one then?? lol
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Whos gonna be the first to try that one then??
        :)I am willing to try but i need to know exactly how a liquid is to be applied to the eyes? should i paste it on the eye-lid or should i use it like an ointment.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
          :jkk: for the post

"- If used on the eyes like kohl it clears the vision. "

Whos gonna be the first to try that one then?? lol
          lol yea. how can it be used in the hair? jus pour it into ur hair?
          watch your thoughts, they become words
          watch your words, they become actions
          watch your actions, they become character
          watch your character, it becomes destiny!

Comment

Assalamalikum

i already tried for eyes, it really works:up: ..

i was having eye infection and i used rose water drops etc nothing worked but lastly i tried pure honey only for two nights. and my eye infection was gone.

Eyes feel fresh, clear and it removes any allergy or infection related to eyes. but HONEY SHOULD BE PURE:hidban: . i would recommend it :)

Fe aman ALLAH.
            [COLOR="Magenta"]If ALLAH swt brings you to it[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]HE will bring you through it[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Pearl View Post
              Assalamalikum

i already tried for eyes, it really works:up: ..

i was having eye infection and i used rose water drops etc nothing worked but lastly i tried pure honey only for two nights. and my eye infection was gone.

Eyes feel fresh, clear and it removes any allergy or infection related to eyes. but HONEY SHOULD BE PURE:hidban: . i would recommend it :)

Fe aman ALLAH.
              wa alaikum aslaam sis,

but most of the honey bottles state they are pure, so how could you make sure you have the pure honey?
              The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                wa alaikum aslaam sis,

but most of the honey bottles state they are pure, so how could you make sure you have the pure honey?
                Pure honey apparently never goes off. So if the bottle has a sell by date, maybe we could use that as an indication?

Just a thought...

Comment

honey has antibacterial properties and can be used on minor wounds like a salve. It can be used to preserve other foodstuffs like vegetables or meat.
                  It also helps people with hayfever but you have to use locally made honey since this will be made from the plants that you have allergies too
                  I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Rub it on your chest. It'll help you to grow hairs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
                      Pure honey apparently never goes off. So if the bottle has a sell by date, maybe we could use that as an indication?

Just a thought...
                      really?

well in that case the jar i bought recently has no expiry date. I got it from an islamic shop and the brother said its from the mountains in yemen and its very strong so to only have 1teaspoon or half daily, cost me nearly £20 for the jar.
                      Last edited by MG; 03-08-08, 12:54 PM.
                      The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by Neurostyler View Post
                        Rub it on your chest. It'll help you to grow hairs on it.
                        are you taking the mick?

Comment

really?

well in that case the jar i bought recently has no expiry date. I got it from an islamic shop and the brother said its from yemen and its very strong so to only have 1teaspoon or half only, cos me nearly £20 for the jar!
                          Sounds like good stuff. Yeah thats what I read. They go that pure honey is soooooo sweet, that bacteria cannot survive in it, which means it never goes off. But some jars have an expiry date on them, which makes you have second thoughts on its purity (why would it have a sell by date if honey never goes off?), if you know what I mean.

Has anyone tried this stuff?
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3787867.stm

It is supposed to be the best, and VERY VERY expensive. Especially if it has a high umf value.
                          Last edited by nami; 03-08-08, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
                            Sounds like good stuff. Yeah thats what I read. They go that pure honey is soooooo sweet, that bacteria cannot survive in it, which means it never goes off. But some jars have an expiry date on them, which makes you have second thoughts on its purity (why would it have a sell by date if honey never goes off?), if you know what I mean.

Has anyone tried this stuff?
                            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3787867.stm

It is supposed to be the best, and VERY VERY expensive. Especially if it has a high umf value.
                            ive used manuka honey before, its about £15 a jar from Holland and Barrett,cant remember if it had an expiry date though

Comment

wa alaikum aslaam sis,

There r few tips through which u can figure out whether honey is pure or not.

1- Just drop little honey in water , if it remains in its original state, and never gets dissolve ,then honey is pure.

2- Take plain white paper and put one drop of honey, turn the paper if it is not spreading then honey is pure.

3- Rub block of salt (not the powder one), and rub it on honey and taste it, if taste is NOT salty then honey is pure.

4- Put one drop of honey on paper , take pencil and try to make line with honey if it isnt spreading then honey is pure.

:)
                              Fe Aman ALLAH,
                              [COLOR="Magenta"]If ALLAH swt brings you to it[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]HE will bring you through it[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X