Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic Cothing for men???

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    apparently this is the newest and most urban way of dressing sunnah-i'm not a guy but this looks good http://www.lawung.com/
    ALLAHu Alam but i'm not a fan of those... The buttons and all give it a trying too hard look. I think the thawb should stay traditional and brothers should be proud to look original rather than copy generic styles with zips and all... But each to their own... It's better than a shirt and trousers/ jeans anyway...
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

your right....but at least they appeal to some of the youth.
      And i think Men should wear thobes and kufi's, and imamahs (the crown of the believer), and follow the sunnah of the Prophet.

Just as we sisters wear the Jilbab and Hijab, Men should make an effort to dress the sunnah way. InshAllah.
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Insh'Allah brothers should feel proud dressing in the way of our prophet, representing Islam, and not be shy of what others think of them. Now all i have to do is go find some local islamic clothes shop that does mens clothing as a speciality and buy a few.:D

Comment

Originally posted by Daaal View Post
          Insh'Allah brothers should feel proud dressing in the way of our prophet, representing Islam, and not be shy of what others think of them. Now all i have to do is go find some local islamic clothes shop that does mens clothing as a speciality and buy a few.:D
          If you have some good tailors you can just buy the material and get them stitched to the style and cut etc that you like InshaALLAH *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
            If you have some good tailors you can just buy the material and get them stitched to the style and cut etc that you like InshaALLAH *thumbs up*
            Thats the thing im kinda new to the whole islamic clothing, so would really like some good advice:up: I don't know any tailors from around here:(

Comment

Are you in Pakistan (i saw "the pind" and guessed) or the UK?

Comment

LOOL im in the UK in very west london but the problem around here is there is no islamic clothes store around here, i popped into southall, went to iqra book store but they really don't have much of a range.

Comment

Buy some material and go to a tailor. Maybe buy a white thowb from Southall or wherever and take it to a tailor and ask him to study the style and copy it with other material you buy.

White is the best colour for men's clothing.

Comment

Daal: If you ever in Birmingham - there are a good few shops on Coventry Road.

And in Lesta theres that big shop - I think its called Rijaal by Spinney Park - opposite Shaykh Adams masjid. the lesta gujjis will help you out on what road it is.
                    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Buy some material and go to a tailor. Maybe buy a white thowb from Southall or wherever and take it to a tailor and ask him to study the style and copy it with other material you buy.

White is the best colour for men's clothing.

Yeah i already have one white thobe and i love it:inlove: So is there any particular sort of material i should be looking for, i might end up getting one of those salwar kameez type material, don't know if thats suitable for it

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                        Daal: If you ever in Birmingham - there are a good few shops on Coventry Road.

And in Lesta theres that big shop - I think its called Rijaal by Spinney Park - opposite Shaykh Adams masjid. the lesta gujjis will help you out on what road it is.
                        Jazakullah Khair i'll take note of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daaal View Post
                          Yeah i already have one white thobe and i love it:inlove: So is there any particular sort of material i should be looking for, i might end up getting one of those salwar kameez type material, don't know if thats suitable for it
                          There is no specific material you have to use... Cotton (linen) might be more comfortable, but others might look more formal... Depends on your use, budget etc.

Comment

There is no specific material you have to use... Cotton (linen) might be more comfortable, but others might look more formal... Depends on your use, budget etc.
                            Jazakullah Khair for your advice, i'll check southall out and see it otherwise ill just head down to east london and go back to 'Aiwa, i know they do some tailor made thobes.

Comment

sunnah dress is the best dress :D

heres a gud site for the brothers:

http://www.lawung.com/

sunnah dress with a slight modern look
                              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ♥Hafsah♥ View Post
                                this may be controversial but when it all comes down to it wearing abya and khimar is fard for a woman but wearing the sunnah style isnt fard for brothers.
                                Covering the satr is fardh.

I don't think pants/jeans do a good job at that.

I think the brothers know what i mean.
                                U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
                                IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
                                ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

Working...
                                X