Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can you have a clean inner when your exterior is in disobedience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can you have a clean inner when your exterior is in disobedience?

for all of you who always want to interject into every discussion about the sunnah, how taqwa is important, i dedicate this thread to you

not that we dont have an abundance of threads about how important kindness and softness and good manners, etc are.

i never see anyone saying while we are discussing good manners, how the exterior is important, because its understood

it makes me think that, like certain canine members, its used to deflect from disobedience to quran and sunnah

all of it is islam, the inner and outer

how can you have a clean inner when your outer is displaying clear disobedience to Allah and His Messenger?

can a sister be a believer if she wears a miniskirt out in public? according to what some of you put as a priority, (its better than an arrogant brother wearing a beard) type of attitude
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: how can you have a clean inner when your exterior is in disobedience?

I've come across people who say that emaan is only in the heart. You can do whatever you like on the outside as long as you believe on the inside. This is clearly a load of nonsense because if they really believed, then what is on the inside would shine through the exterior.

Comment

Yeah I agree 100%. While I believe the exterior doesn't always show the interior, it is hard for me to believe someone who tells me they practise Islam and follow the sunnah and yet not wearing hijab, or having beard etc. It just is NOT true.

Comment

not on the internetz :D, on the internetz Any Thing Goes :D :D
        " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

can a sister be a believer if she wears a miniskirt out in public? according to what some of you put as a priority, (its better than an arrogant brother wearing a beard) type of attitude
          assalamu alaikum...abu mubarak,is this comparison fair,just exactly?!if she doesn't obey to the fardh of hijab,she will commit a sin,it is inevitable even though her heart is made of gold!!!on the other side,a brother gets reward with his beard(of course,as a moslem) even though he is an arrogant one...the arrogance of that brother is not justification for sin of that sister(about hijab) like belief of that sister is not justification for no reward of that brother cos of his beard...anyway,i realize your complaint...wassalam...
          ...فنعم المولى ونعم النصير...

Comment

The inside should be as the outside.

But how many can measure up?

Comment

do you guys remember the story of how a prostitute was granted a place in heaven...?

also please educate me if Allah look at our hearts or the clothes we wear at the end of the day...?
              "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Both, insha'Allaah. We have been commanded to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah. There is nothing in Islaam that says it is only the state of our hearts that matters and we can do whatever we like externally. On the contrary, there are numerous instances of outwardly deeds. You can't really have one (inner state) without the other (outwardly actions).

Comment

ِAllah commands outer obedience AND inner righteousness

for some reason, we tend to think the outer is meaningless as long as we have pure hearts

and whats funny is that those who have this type of mentality, usually display outward disobedience, and say, its all about the heart

funny how they know how clean their own heart is, so much so, they feel comfortable outwardly disobeying Allah and His Messenger
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Those who say that iman is only in the heart is actually the belief of teh Murjiah..they also believe that iman neither decreases nor increases..this is against the fundemental belief of aqidah of ahl sunnah waljamaah. but i dont think its productive for our iman that we busy ourselves with judging others.

Comment

a sister wears a half hijab and says, its not about the outer

a brother shaves his beard and says, its not about the outer

of course its not about the outer, if it was about beards and khimars all you would have to do is wear one and get a guaranteed seat in paradise

so why do some people harp on this INNER aspect?

usually i find its because they display outer disobedience to Allah and His Messenger as if disobeying Allah and His Messenger is "just a sunnah"
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                        for all of you who always want to interject into every discussion about the sunnah, how taqwa is important, i dedicate this thread to you

not that we dont have an abundance of threads about how important kindness and softness and good manners, etc are.

i never see anyone saying while we are discussing good manners, how the exterior is important, because its understood

it makes me think that, like certain canine members, its used to deflect from disobedience to quran and sunnah

all of it is islam, the inner and outer

how can you have a clean inner when your outer is displaying clear disobedience to Allah and His Messenger?

My question would be slightly different...
                        Say one person had a great understanding of the external requirements of the sunnah, and followed them to the finest detail, but had no understanding of taqwah, or failed to implement their understanding, and failed miserably in this area.
                        Another had incredible taqwah (not sure if I'm using the term correctly here), but their grasp of the sunnah was poor, or they considered it a low priority and followed it haphazardly.

Who is worse off? Which one is likely to be the better individual?
                        ...and would you say following the Sunnah rigidly was likely to result in better taqwah, or that better taqwah was likely to lead to a better fulfillment of the Sunnah?
                        "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
                        ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                          Those who say that iman is only in the heart is actually the belief of teh Murjiah..they also believe that iman neither decreases nor increases..this is against the fundemental belief of aqidah of ahl sunnah waljamaah. but i dont think its productive for our iman that we busy ourselves with judging others.
                          who is judging?

my goodness, the additions that get piled up when you mention obedience to Allah and His messenger

make a thread about hijab, first thing you hear is "its not about clothing"

make a thread about beardsl, you hear "i know brothers who wear beards who do bad things"

then comes the "who are you to judge?" statements

no one here is condemning anyone to hell............however, disobedience to Allah and His Messenger may lead you to hell

obedience to Allah and His Messenger guarantees you jannah

of course that guarantee deals with matters of the heart, which NO ONE KNOWS

so can we stop with the "its the inner that matters" and the "stop judging" and the "holier than thou"

we are discussing, plain and simple, obedience to Allah and His Messenger when your outer is in disobedience (we will leave you to deal with your own heart)
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                            My question would be slightly different...
                            Say one person had a great understanding of the external requirements of the sunnah, and followed them to the finest detail, but had no understanding of taqwah, or failed to implement their understanding, and failed miserably in this area.
                            Another had incredible taqwah (not sure if I'm using the term correctly here), but their grasp of the sunnah was poor, or they considered it a low priority and followed it haphazardly.

Who is worse off? Which one is likely to be the better individual?
                            ...and would you say following the Sunnah rigidly was likely to result in better taqwah, or that better taqwah was likely to lead to a better fulfillment of the Sunnah?
                            taqwa wins, hands down

outer can be deceiving, which we all know

but........if one has taqwa, one will obey Allah and His Messenger in other aspects (weaknesses and ignorance aside)
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

who knows how pure one's heart is except Allah...

just the other day in a subway train... a woman was sitting with her boyfriend, her dress code would be something you guys might cry 'indecent'... yet she was the first one to jump up and offered both their seats to an old couple...
                              "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Working...
                              X