Is Modesty Relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Modesty Relative?

Ya that's absolutely true. There are guidelines. I'm just saying, some people are just wolves in sheep's clothing. Following pre-determined modest dress is the first step but you know how some people can be, with polluted minds. Sometimes i wish there was a way to see the mind instead of the body first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
      Try reading the post I quoted and comprehending before accusing.
      lone, the sister brought up behavior, as if that was related to the thread, so i asked, what does that have to do with the price of tea in china, or if a sister has a booger hanging from her nose,.......

you took that as an opportunity to mock the sunnah, once again

that will be your last mock of islam on this board
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi&Syrian View Post
        I agree. There could be two girls that have 'developed' bodies, one could be scantily clad and one could be dressed, as you said, in a modest fashion. However due to the mind, the one scantily clad could just go home and the other is going home to whatever man to open her legs.

As we all know, the outside is just part of the physical world, it does not necessarily reflect the inside of a person.

i appreciate you agreeing with me, but the rest of what you said about the 2 girls is sooooooo unneccesary and off-putting... :(

the words we choose to speak out is also considered an exterior and words also reflect our mind and inner... so modesty of speech is as important as our modesty in dressing...
        "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi&Syrian View Post
          Ya that's absolutely true. There are guidelines. I'm just saying, some people are just wolves in sheep's clothing. Following pre-determined modest dress is the first step but you know how some people can be, with polluted minds. Sometimes i wish there was a way to see the mind instead of the body first.
          na with no doubt people judge from the outside. Allah created people like that. Thats why we should look like Muslim so we be defined as Muslims from outside.. then when the approach us we act like Muslims- inside and out - its a full package.
          Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Working...
          X