~ Doing Good Deeds In Secret! ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~ Doing Good Deeds In Secret! ~

Ameen. May Allah grant us this sincerity also...Ameen.
    The Prophet said: "The fear of people should never prevent any of you from speaking the truth when he sees it or pointing out its importance. Doing so will not hasten one's appointed time of death or lessen one's rizq."Tirmidhi, Hasanussaheeh
    He also said: then it is finished.Ahmad, Saheeh

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
      I never show the money i onate in the mosque, i make a fist and just drop it. So many brothers take out there wallets with pride and flash the bills before they put it in the donation box.

Honestly i know three brothers who give there donations at the end of each year silently and secretly. I know them well and they are all professionals but when i found out they give huge amounts of money i was shocked, never thought they gave a single penny and i'm talking in the hundred thousands.

May allah reward them in the akirah.
      yeah...charity in secret is good...but if you do it in openly to ENCOROUGE others inshallah thats gud too :up:

one of those under the shade of Allah on the day of judgement will be the one who gives charity in right hand that his left hand doesnt know :)
      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
        if our intentions are really sincere then we would do the good deeds regardless of who's watching... whether if they're in public or in secret.

one deception of shaytan is that making us think we should only do good deeds only when no one is watching.

when a person limits their good deeds to only doing them in secret... they will begin to develop kibar (ego) in their worship...

so it's important that whenever we get an opportunity to do a good deed... then just do it.

an indication for ourselves that our worship is being done with sincerity, is that the deeds that we do, we do them with regularly and steadfastly... come rain or shine.

of course there are some deeds that should be done in secret... but if we can't do them in secret, doesn't mean we shouldn't do them at all. :)
        ditto.
        it is recommended to compete towards good deeds as mentioned in the Qur'an. doing certain good deeds when people are watching makes them normal/standard/natural things to do (e.g. helping old people with bags, picking up litter) and thus the level of good deeds we compete in is raised. so to REALLY do a good deed perhaps you would forgive someones debt, increase the frequency in which you give to charity and so on.. and if enough people do that openly then that becomes standard, so then you might do something else to exceed that. The sahaba were at the level where they would be competing to give almost everything to charity :inlove: :sub:
        so the race is on.... :)

intention is everything. inshaAllah our intentions should not waver in public with people watching because the Ummahs level/definition of good deeds surpasses any other nation or regular shmo's idea of good :D
        Hasbun Allah Wa Ni'mal Wakeel - NeVeR LoSe HoPe In Allah
        Trusting in Allah won't make the mountain smaller, but will make climbing easier. Do not ask Him for a lighter load, but ask Him for a stronger back

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com
        - www.youtube.com/7macchiato7

Comment

Originally posted by Macchiato View Post
          ditto.
          it is recommended to compete towards good deeds as mentioned in the Qur'an. doing certain good deeds when people are watching makes them normal/standard/natural things to do (e.g. helping old people with bags, picking up litter) and thus the level of good deeds we compete in is raised. so to REALLY do a good deed perhaps you would forgive someones debt, increase the frequency in which you give to charity and so on.. and if enough people do that openly then that becomes standard, so then you might do something else to exceed that. The sahaba were at the level where they would be competing to give almost everything to charity :inlove: :sub:
          so the race is on.... :)

intention is everything. inshaAllah our intentions should not waver in public with people watching because the Ummahs level/definition of good deeds surpasses any other nation or regular shmo's idea of good :D
          :salams,

Masha'Allah :inlove:
          :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

:jkk:
            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X