Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mouthwash

Originally posted by mmmilkybar View Post
    I have an aquafresh mouthwash, and as I was washing my mouth last night I read the ingriedients....ALCOHOL!:vomit: And then I spit it out and rinsed with water many many...many times. Now I'm wondering is it permissible to use alcohol containing products?

there are various non-alcoholic mouthwashes in asda.
    The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
    Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
    http://www.islamic-awareness.org
    http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
    Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
      crrrazy, hydrogen peroxide that stuff is seriously dodgy. I use it to clean my contacts, a little while I go I poured the used solution into my plant pot with a lovely pelargonium in, it died in a week :(
      :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
        btw, for Muslims, stockpiling Hydrogen Peroxide isn't the best of ideas :p
        lolllllll this guys funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by nomoreillusions View Post
          use hydrogen peroxide. It's tons cheaper, good for your teeth and gums and doesn't contain alcohol. It even can help whiten your teeth.

Hold a capful in your mouth for about 10 minutes (great to do while you're in the shower and can't do anything else anyway)
          I've never heard of using it as mouth wash. I just used it for cuts.
          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
          Surah al-Baqarah
          [2:245]

.:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            I've never heard of using it as mouth wash. I just used it for cuts.
            Yeah even me. But I think we need to tell him to be careful because if the hydrogen peroxide is really concentrated, it can corrode his gums. He has to dilute it very much.

Comment

From what I was told is that It is fine to use stuff like that. It is not going to make you intoxicated. Lotion, Hair Gel, Deodorant. Same with stuff for medical purposes.
              " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
                Yeah even me. But I think we need to tell him to be careful because if the hydrogen peroxide is really concentrated, it can corrode his gums. He has to dilute it very much.
                I'm guessing you'd have to dilute it, unless you want to hurt yourself.
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                  I'm guessing you'd have to dilute it, unless you want to hurt yourself.
                  No, it is not guessing. You have to dilute it otherwise it is really concentrated and will act on your gums before it acts on the bacteria that it was supposed to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
                    No, it is not guessing. You have to dilute it otherwise it is really concentrated and will act on your gums before it acts on the bacteria that it was supposed to kill.
                    Sorry...I was using sarcasm but it didn't translate well.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Dentyl is alcohol free.
                      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

There are many mouthwashes that don't contain ethanol (alcohol). Just read the ingredients before purchasing.
                        I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

search on www.medline.gov fir mouthwash
                          Dr M Khalid

Comment

I use it regularly

Comment

I use it regularly also, but if there are other alternatives I will have to use them instead.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4053...d-with-alcohol
                              He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

Comment

Alhamdulillah. Mine says Alcohol free
                                He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

Comment

Working...
                                X