Mouthwash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouthwash

I have an aquafresh mouthwash, and as I was washing my mouth last night I read the ingriedients....ALCOHOL!:vomit: And then I spit it out and rinsed with water many many...many times. Now I'm wondering is it permissible to use alcohol containing products?
    WheN tHe WoRlD PuShEs yOu tO yOuR KnEeS, YoUr in ThE BeST PoSiTiOn to PrAy

Re: Mouthwash

bump

Comment

Salaam no you cant use products which contain alcohol btw most mouthwashes contain it so be careful.. Make taubah Allah's most forgivin
      Time beat you to it

Comment

use hydrogen peroxide. It's tons cheaper, good for your teeth and gums and doesn't contain alcohol. It even can help whiten your teeth.

Hold a capful in your mouth for about 10 minutes (great to do while you're in the shower and can't do anything else anyway)
        I like to quote myself
        - nomoreillusions

Comment

My mum says it is permissable since it is for medical purposes i.e. to keep the mouth clean. But I don't know, I'm confused, I need evidence stating wether it is permissable or not.

Comment

well I can't give you any of that, but in the absence of it, wouldn't it be better to avoid it? Besides, it's so expensive!!!
            I like to quote myself
            - nomoreillusions

Comment

Yeah, use Hyrdogen peroxide.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmilkybar View Post
                My mum says it is permissable since it is for medical purposes i.e. to keep the mouth clean. But I don't know, I'm confused, I need evidence stating wether it is permissable or not.
                Its not a necessity you have alternatives, if alcohol goes down your throat which in most cases a minor amount will you will have haram in your stomach.

It would be halal in an extreme case, for example an individual has a life threatenin illness and he has no last resort but to take medicine which contains a haram ingredient, ruling asked.

Use Hyrdogen peroxide TRIO
                Time beat you to it

Comment

Originally posted by mmmilkybar View Post
                  bump
                  Oral B mouthwash - Alcohol Free. you will find alot of Substitute products that are alcohol free and quality just as good.
                  Last edited by Lockedup; 14-07-08, 10:32 PM. Reason: ..and rinse

Comment

Originally posted by nomoreillusions View Post
                    use hydrogen peroxide. It's tons cheaper, good for your teeth and gums and doesn't contain alcohol. It even can help whiten your teeth.

Hold a capful in your mouth for about 10 minutes (great to do while you're in the shower and can't do anything else anyway)
                    10 mins? are you for real? no wonder its cheap

Comment

crrrazy, hydrogen peroxide that stuff is seriously dodgy. I use it to clean my contacts, a little while I go I poured the used solution into my plant pot with a lovely pelargonium in, it died in a week :(
                      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Lockedup View Post
                        10 mins? are you for real? no wonder its cheap
                        Sorry.. the 10 minutes is for whitening teeth... generally speaking, though, hold it in your mouth for several minutes to give it a chance to really work through any batceria in your gums.

And it's cheap because it's hydrogen peroxide! It's not specialized or marketed as being 'new and improved' and all the stupid brand name stuff. It's just plain old hydrogen peroxide with a million uses in the little brown bottle for 50 cents each.
                        I like to quote myself
                        - nomoreillusions

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                          crrrazy, hydrogen peroxide that stuff is seriously dodgy. I use it to clean my contacts, a little while I go I poured the used solution into my plant pot with a lovely pelargonium in, it died in a week :(
                          why on earth would you have poured it in with your plant?!?
                          I like to quote myself
                          - nomoreillusions

Comment

why on earth would you have poured it in with your plant?!?
                            just plain laziness, plants on the table, sink down on the next floor...

I thought it had all been neutralised!

btw, for Muslims, stockpiling Hydrogen Peroxide isn't the best of ideas :p
                            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post

btw, for Muslims, stockpiling Hydrogen Peroxide isn't the best of ideas :p
                              .. I was about to ask why...

but good grief it's not like you need barrels of the stuff.. one little bottle will last you a good long while! It's just a cap-full.
                              I like to quote myself
                              - nomoreillusions

Comment

Working...
                              X