Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOW iman

:salams sis

I'm sure others here will add more insha'Allaah :)

:wswrwb:
    :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Maybe its because you have secluded yourself? Allahu a3lam I dont know your situation but it might be because uni is over and you are not in the company of those who remind you of Allah hence your own imaan is being lowered. If you're not, maybe meet up with sisters with taqwa of Allah [aza wajal] and hold a halaqah or spend a day out with them.

If you are then ignore that and spend more time with them. And if you're with them 24/7 and its not working, change them.

Another alternative is, if you're going to turkey and you're family are not pracitcing, then take a whole load of books with you that will last you the entire journey and gain knowledge. Gaining knowledge will only increase your imaan. Tafsir ibn Kathir should last you you're entire trip. So if they blabber on about how islam is evil, u say no look islam isnt and drop the ayaats and ahadeeth. Also maybe you could give them dawah, that might raise your own imaan. Or do nafl acts such as salah and extra fasts etc. as the prophet SAW said that Allah aza wajal said: my servant continues to draw nearer to me with nafl [supegoroaty or however you spell it] acts so that I shall love him..
      http:/www.alghurabaa.org
      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
        :salams sis

I'm sure others here will add more insha'Allaah :)

:wswrwb:
        I definitely feel better sis.

May Allah (swt) reward you :)

Comment

Jazakallah Khair Insomniac, Ibrahim and Abu Muslim.

It's not that MY family isn't practising...they are...very. It's just certain things I've been told in University clashes with the things my parents have told me. Alhamdulillah both don't go against the teachings of Islam (as far as I know).........but I feel like I'm right in the middle of two different opinions and I can't make up my mind. It's confusing.

Secondly my cousins (in Turkey) aren't very practising and I'll be with them most of the time. It's not a good environment to be in but it's impossible to avoid spending time with them.

I will take books to Turkey but that could only help to a certain extent.

Inshallah everything returns back to normal.
          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

What are these differences of opinion if you don't mind me asking?
            "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
              Jazakallah Khair Insomniac, Ibrahim and Abu Muslim.

It's not that MY family isn't practising...they are...very. It's just certain things I've been told in University clashes with the things my parents have told me. Alhamdulillah both don't go against the teachings of Islam (as far as I know).........but I feel like I'm right in the middle of two different opinions and I can't make up my mind. It's confusing.

Secondly my cousins (in Turkey) aren't very practising and I'll be with them most of the time. It's not a good environment to be in but it's impossible to avoid spending time with them.

I will take books to Turkey but that could only help to a certain extent.

Inshallah everything returns back to normal.
              I pray Almighty strengthens your Imaan and health, Ameen Sumameen.
              [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER]: : : Life Is Worth Dying For - W/A\R/R\I/O\R : : :[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

May Allaah swt keep you strong and may you persevere and remain resilient in all aspects of the deen. Ameen

Originally posted by LuvIslam View Post
                I definitely feel better sis.

May Allah (swt) reward you :)
                Ameen
                :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Working...
                X