LOW iman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOW iman

I need some help please. My iman is very low......the lowest it has ever been. I have no idea what's causing it and no idea how I can prevent it from getting worse. I'll be going Turkey in a few days and that side of the family isn't particularly practising so that isn't going to be much help.....infact it'll probably help speed up the process.

I don't like this version of me because I've never experienced this version of me. I was wondering.....can anyone post up a few hadiths, sayings, advice...anything really that may boost my iman and make it strong again.

I'm worried that when I do come back and start Uni, I'm going to be a completely different 'me'.

Thank you for your help.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Re: LOW iman

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
    I need some help please. My iman is very low......the lowest it has ever been. I have no idea what's causing it and no idea how I can prevent it from getting worse. I'll be going Turkey in a few days and that side of the family isn't particularly practising so that isn't going to be much help.....infact it'll probably help speed up the process.

I don't like this version of me because I've never experienced this version of me. I was wondering.....can anyone post up a few hadiths, sayings, advice...anything really that may boost my iman and make it strong again.

I'm worried that when I do come back and start Uni, I'm going to be a completely different 'me'.

Thank you for your help.
    Couldn't you count it as a test from God?

Comment

Causes of weakness of faith

I have some problems in Faith sometimes I know it is th eSataans. Can you give me some more stories that will give me more fairh.
      Source
      “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

This video is to help you boost your iman. inshallah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gNXLMigams

:)
        “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
          This video is to help you boost your iman. inshallah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gNXLMigams

:)
          this link contains music - it won't boost the imaan. :(
          :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous2008 View Post
            Couldn't you count it as a test from God?
            erm..lol shes alredi counted it as a test as she is tryin to find a way to deal with it

thats what you do when you knw you are being test :up:

having tantrums and being silly (like being indenial) is not counting it as a test -for example, but shes not doing that :)
            "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
              this link contains music - it won't boost the imaan. :(
              exactly what i was thinkin :(:(:(
              :lailah:
              ''And they will be given to drink there a cup mixed with zanjabeel. A spring there, called Salsabeel.'' (76:17-18)

Comment

Ibn Taymiyyah's Daily Routine

al-Imam Siraj ad-Din Abu Hafs 'Umar bin 'Ali bin Musa bin Khalil al-Baghdadi al-Bazzar wrote a long, first hand account of the life of Ibn Taymiyyah, who was his personal friend and companion. The book is called 'al-A'lam al-'Aliyyah fi Manaqib Ibn Taymiyyah,' and this is a very, very small glimpse from it:

"During the nights, he would separate himself from everybody, secluding himself with his Lord, strictly maintaining his recitation of the Mighty Qur'an, and repeating the various types of daily and nightly worship.

When the night was over, he would rejoin the people for the Fajr prayer, praying the optional prayer before meeting them. When he would begin the prayer, your heart would want to fly from its place just from the way in which he would make takbirat al-ihram. When he would begin the prayer, his limbs would shake, moving him left and right. When he would recite, he would elongate his recitation, just as was authentically reported in regards to the recitation of the Messenger of Allah. His bowing and prostration, as well as his coming up from them, are from the most complete of what has ever been reported in regards to the obligatory prayer. And he would severely lighten his sitting for the first tashahhud, and would say the first taslim out loud, to the point that everyone who was present would hear it...

...And I came to know that it was his habit that nobody would speak to him unless absolutely necessary after the morning prayer. He would remain in a state of dhikr of Allah, listening to himself. Sometimes, he would let those sitting next to him listen to his dhikr, all the while constantly turning his eyesight to the sky. He would remain in such a state until the Sun rose, and the time in which prayer is forbidden had passed.

During my stay in Damascus with him, I would spend some of the day and most of the night with him. He would draw me near to him, sitting me beside him. I would hear what he would recite and repeat, and I saw that he would repeat 'al-Fatihah' over and over again, and would spend all of his time between Fajr and sunrise doing this.

So, I kept thinking to myself, wondering: why would he recite this specific chapter of the Qur'an in exclusion to the others? Eventually, it became clear to me - and Allah Knows best - that his intention in doing so was to combine with his recitation between what was narrated in the ahadith and what was discussed by the scholars, in regards to whether the narrated adhkar should take precedence over recitation of the Qur'an, or vice versa. So, he saw that in repeating 'al-Fatihah,' he could combine between both opinions, and reap the benefits of both actions, and this was from his strength in logic and depth of insight.

After this, he would pray Duha, and if he wanted to hear Hadith in another place, he would rush to that place with whoever was with him at the time.

It was rare that any intelligent person would see him and not come and kiss his hands. Even the busiest of businessmen would walk from what they were doing to greet him and seek his blessings. With all of this, he would give everyone of them their share of time, greetings, etc.

If he saw any evil in the street, he would work to remove it, and if he heard of a funeral taking place, he would rush to pray in it, or would apologize for missing it. Sometimes, he would go to the grave of the deceased after he finished listening to Hadith and pray over it.

Afterwards, he would return to his mosque, where he would remain either giving fatawa to the people or fulfilling their needs, until it was time to pray Dhuhr in congregation. He would spend the rest of the day in such a manner.

His classes were general for the old, the young, the wealthy, the poor, the free, the slave, males, and females. He appealed to everyone that would pass by him of the people, and everyone of them would feel that Ibn Taymiyyah was treating them better than he was treating anyone else present.

He would then pray Maghrib, and would follow it up with as much optional prayer as Allah made possible. I, or someone else, would then read his writings to him, and he would benefit us with various points and notes. We would do this until we prayed 'Isha', after which we would continue as we were before, delving into the various fields of knowledge. We would do this until much of the night had passed. During this entire time - night and day - Ibn Taymiyyah would constantly remember Allah, mention His Oneness, and seek His forgiveness.

And he would constantly raise his eyesight to the sky, and would not stop doing this, as if he saw something there that kept his eyesight hooked. He would do this for as long as I was staying with him.

So, Subhan Allah! How short were these days! If only they were longer! By Allah, until this day, there has never been a time in my life that is more beloved to me than the time I spent with him, and I was never seen in a better state than I was at that time, and this was for no other reason than the barakah of the Shaykh, may Allah be Pleased with him.

Every week, he would visit the sick, especially those at the hospital.

I have been informed by more than one person - whose trustworthiness I do not doubt - that the entire life of the Shaykh was spent in the way that I witnessed (and described above). So, what worship, and what Jihad is better than this?"

Comment

- Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen: Kitaabul-'Ilm

Comment

Unfolding a rose
                    (by anon)

It is only a tiny rosebud,
                    A flower of Allah’s design;
                    But I cannot unfold the petals
                    With these clumsy hands of mine.

The secret of unfolding flowers
                    Is not known to such as I.
                    ALLAH opens this flower so sweetly,
                    Then in my hands they die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
                    This flower of Allah’s design,
                    Then how can I have the wisdom
                    To unfold this life of mine?

So I’ll trust in Allah for leading
                    Each moment of my day.
                    I will look to Allah for His guidance
                    Each step of the way.

The pathway that lies before me,
                    Only Allah knows.
                    I’ll trust Him to unfold the moments,
                    Just as He unfolds the rose

Comment

What we can do in one minute

Praise be to Allaah.

If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then forget about relaxing and keep away from empty amusement.
                      In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it:
                      Strive to make the most of each minute
                      If you forget it, you forget the most important thing, the truth.
                      There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:
                      1.1.In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs
                      2.In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times
                      3.You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
                      4.You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
                      5.In one minute you can say 20 times.
                      6.In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.
                      7.In one minute you can say (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
                      8.(Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.
                      9.In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
                      10.In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.
                      11.In one minute you can say (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheehahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
                      12.In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 timesAstaghfir-Allaah
                      13.You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.
                      14.In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.
                      15.In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.
                      16.In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.
                      17.In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.
                      18.You can raise your hands and
                      19.You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.
                      20.You can forbid an evil action in one minute.
                      21.You can enjoin something good in one minute.
                      22.You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.
                      23.You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.
                      24.You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.
                      25.Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.

When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry
                      Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?
                      Finally, the more sincere you are towards Allaah and the more aware you are of Him, the greater will be your reward and the more your hasanaat will increase.
                      Note that most of these actions will not cost you anything; they do not require tahaarah (purity) and they will not tire you out or take much effort. On the contrary, you can do them whilst you are walking, or in your car, or lying down, or standing, or sitting, or waiting for somebody.
                      These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
                      Source : www.islamqa.com

Comment

Have you packed your bags ?

When we pack our bags to go visit far away living friends, we remember to pack our clothes, shoes, bathroom neccesities and other little things ....
                        • Since we could understand right from wrong, we have started packing our bags and will finish when our souls leave us.
                        • Have you packed your salah everyday?
                        • Have you packed your fasting?
                        • Have you packed your reading and memorizing the quran?
                        • Have you packed those little things we do and get ajar for?
                        • Have you?

Our bags are called life. We have to pack everyday because we don't know when Allah wil call us back too him, so we have to be ready too go all the time, any where.

And on the way up to Allah, you don't get any U-turns so that you could go back and get the things you forgot to pack. So start packing if you already haven't, and don't forget, there's no such thing as too many bags when were packing for our trip to Allah.

Comment

Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Madaarij us-Saalikeen
                          islaam.com

When one's mind is clear, he will be able to see clearly, thus giving such a person a light in his heart that will allow him to almost witness the Warning and the Promise, Paradise and Hell, and what Allah has prepared in this (Paradise) For His Awliyaa` (loyal friends) and in that (Hell) for His enemies. He will then witness people rushing out of their graves following the call of the Truth (Resurrection).

The angels in the heavens will the descend and will surround them (creation). Allah will then come to judge (between creation) and His Kursi (literally a footstool or chair) will be raised. The earth will shine with the Light of its Lord (Allah, when He comes to judge between His creation), the Book (of Records) will be opened and the Prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward. The Mizan (Scale) will then be established, the books of (individual) records will fly around and the foes will converge, each holding to its foe. Al-Houdh (the pool that runs outside the gates of Paradise from a river inside it) will then appear and its cups will appear close by. Thirst will intensify, but those who are allowed to drink are few. Al-Jisr (the bridge over Hell that everyone must pass over into Paradise) will then be laid (over Hell) so that (mankind and the Jinn) can pass over it (as for the disbelievers and those whose sins outweigh their good deeds, they will fall into Hell, where only the disbelievers will reside for eternity). People will then be gathered in its direction.

The Fire (Hell) will appear, each part harshly consuming the other parts beneath it. Those who fall into it are far more than those who are saved from it. Then, an eye will be opened in his (the man who is thinking about these scenes) heart with which he will be able to see clearly. His heart will then witness some scenes of the Last Life, along with imagining the various stages of the Last Life which will last for eternity, as compared to this Dunya (the life of this world) and its briefness.

Comment

The wisdom behind delaying the answer for a supplication

It is puzzling your insistence on asking for your desires and when ever they were delayed your insistence increases without thinking that your are not granted what you ask for because of:

1. Your benefit (for what you have asked could be a harm to you in a way)

2. Your sins (for the sinner's prayers are not answered).

If it was the second reason, you will have to clear the path of answering from the stains of sins. If it was the first reason then look at what you ask for:

Is it to strengthen your religion, or just a plain earthly desire? If it was only an earthly desire, then know that it is the kindness and the mercy of Allah that delayed it for you, and by your insistence, you are like a child that asks for what harms him and he is denied that for his own good. And if you think that what you asked for is for the benefit of your religion then your benefit could be in delaying it, or the well-being of your faith is by the nonexistence of it.

In other words, the planning of the Truth the Almighty (Allah) is better for you than your own planning, and He could deprive you from what you ask to test your patience. So let Him see from you a determined patience and you will soon see from Him what will give you joy. And when you have cleaned the paths of answering (of supplication) from the stains of sin and was patient about what He has chosen for you, then every thing that happens to you is better for you whether you were given or deprived of what you have requested. [Imaam Ibn al-Jawzee (rh)]

Comment

What are the signs of Allaah’s love for His slave?.

Praise be to Allaah.

You have asked about a serious and weighty matter, which none attain but very few of the righteous slaves of Allaah.
                              The love of Allaah is “the status for which the righteous compete and strive… It is the nourishment of hearts and souls… the delight of the eyes… It is the life of which one who is denied it is dead… the light which the one who loses it is in deep darkness… the healing of which the one who is denied is sick… the joy which the one who is deprived of it lives in distress and pain…
                              It is the spirit of faith and good deeds… by means of which one may draw closer to Allaah… which, when it is absent, one is like a body in which there is no soul.”

O Allaah, make us among those whom You love.

The love of Allaah has signs and causes which are like the key to the door. These causes include the following:

1 –Following the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says in His Holy Book (interpretation of the meaning):
                              “Say (O Muhammad to mankind): If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’aan and the Sunnah), Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”
                              [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31]

2-5 – Being humble towards the believers and stern towards the kaafirs, waging jihad for the sake of Allaah, and not fearing anyone or anything but Him. Allaah has mentioned these qualities in a single verse, in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):
                              “O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allaah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the way of Allaah, and never fear of the blame of the blamers”
                              [al-Maa'idah 5:54]

In this verse Allaah describes the attributes of those whom He loves, the first of which is: humility and not being arrogant towards the Muslims, and being stern towards the kaafirs, and not humbling or humiliating oneself before them. They (the ones whom Allaah loves) strive for the sake of Allaah, against the Shaytaan, the kuffaar, the hypocrites and the evildoers, and they strive against their own selves (jihad al-nafs). They do not fear the blame of any blamer, because so long as they are following the commands of their religion, he will not care about anyone who mocks him or blames him.

6 – Doing naafil (supererogatory) acts of worship. Allaah says – according to a hadeeth qudsi – “My slave keeps drawing near to me by means of supererogatory acts of worship until I love Him.” Supererogatory acts of worship include naafil prayers, charity, ‘Umrah, Hajj and fasting.

8-12 – Loving, visiting one another, helping one another (financially) and offering sincere advice to one another for the sake of Allaah.

These attributes were mentioned in a single hadeeth in which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 4/236 and 5/236; al-Tanaasuh by Ibn Hibbaan, 3/338; the two ahaadeeth were classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 3019, 3020, 3021.

What is meant by “two who visit one another for My sake” is that they only visit one another for the sake of Allaah, seeking thereby His pleasure for their loving one another for His sake or cooperating in worshipping Him.
                              From al-Muntaqa Sharh al-Muwatta’, hadeeth 1779.

13 – Being tested. Calamities and disasters are a test for a person, and this is a sign that Allaah loves him, because this is like medicine: even though it is bitter, but still you offer the medicine, despite its bitterness, to the one whom you love; and Allaah’s is the highest description. According to a saheeh hadeeth: “The greatest reward comes from the greatest trial. When Allaah loves people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it gains the pleasure of Allaah and whoever complains earns His wrath.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.
                              For calamities to befall the believer is better than punishments being stored up for him in the Hereafter. How can it be otherwise when he is raised in status and his bad deeds are erased thereby? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens his punishment in this world, and when He wills bad for His slave, He withholds his sins until he comes with them on the Day of Resurrection.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.
                              The scholars have explained that the one from whom calamities and trials are withheld is the hypocrite, for Allaah withholds [his punishment] in this world, so as to bring him with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.
                              O Allaah, make us among those whom You love.

If Allaah loves you, do not ask about the good that you will attain and the virtue that you will acquire… it is sufficient for you to know that you are beloved of Allaah. The great fruits of the love of Allaah for His slave are as follows:

1 – People will love him and he will be accepted on earth, as it says in the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (3209): “When Allaah loves a slave, He says to Jibreel, 'I love so-and-so, so love him,' so Jibreel loves him and then calls out to the people of heaven, 'Allaah loves so-and-so, so love him,' and the people of heaven love him, and then acceptance is placed in the Earth for him."

2 – What Allaah has mentioned in the hadeeth qudsi of the great virtues of those whom He loves. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6502.
                              This hadeeth qudsi includes a number of benefits of Allaah’s love for His slave:

(i) “I am his hearing with which he hears” i.e., he does not listen to anything but that which Allaah loves.
                              (ii) “his seeing with which he sees” i.e., he does not see anything but that which Allaah loves.
                              (iii) “his hand with which he strikes” i.e., he does not do anything with his hand but that which Allaah loves.
                              (iv) “and his foot with which he walks” i.e., he does not go towards anything but that which Allaah loves.
                              (v) “Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him” i.e., his du’aa’s are heard and his requests are granted.
                              (vi) “and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it” i.e., he is protected by Allaah from all things…
                              We ask Allaah to help us to please Him.

And Allaah knows best.
                              Last edited by insomniac; 13-07-08, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X