• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibrahim70
    replied
    Re: Cramp

Originally posted by yasmin20 View Post
    Assalam alakium brother,
    lol i know exactly what you're talking about, even if ur in deep deep sleep the pain is soooooooooo bad it wakes you up ...i spoke to my dr about this and all it means is that there isnt enough calcium and potassim in your diet, so i started to have a glass of milk or banana before i went to bed and alhmadulillah i havent had once since
    also the pain tends to stay for a couple of days and if your work your muscle too much it's likely you'll get one
    hope it gets better
    Wow thats great advice :D

So tonight imma have a glass of milk, a banana, then sit up in bed with a hot water bottle under my leg and the Quran in my hands...................:up:

I shall let you all know tomorrow if its cured! lol

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah4lyff
    replied

what is a cramp? :embar:

Leave a comment:

• yasmin20
    replied

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    Asalaam Alikum

Inshallah your all in the best of health and Iman.

Friday morning I woke up and stretched in bed and "ARRRGGGHHHHHH MY LEG!!!"................it was cramp. Always happens to my right leg too. Anyways, after about 5 minutes it wore off and I was able to get out the bed so wash. All day Friday I was fine but last night as I got into bed it twitcched and has continued ever since.................its still twitching now :( and I fear its going to hurt again if i move the leg suddenly or something.

Im scared to pray in case I cant get up again so havent prayed yet today :(

Does anyone have a cure or anything to help my leg? :o

Ive checked on the net earlier and attempted my own massaging of the calf which worked for about 10 minutes but then it twitched again.

Now its 7.54pm Saturday night and inshallah I want to pop into London tomorrow which will mean a lot of walking but I dont want to be hobbling round IslamExpo do i? lol

Help!! :o
    Assalam alakium brother,
    lol i know exactly what you're talking about, even if ur in deep deep sleep the pain is soooooooooo bad it wakes you up ...i spoke to my dr about this and all it means is that there isnt enough calcium and potassim in your diet, so i started to have a glass of milk or banana before i went to bed and alhmadulillah i havent had once since
    also the pain tends to stay for a couple of days and if your work your muscle too much it's likely you'll get one
    hope it gets better

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Originally posted by cyber_abdullah View Post
    cramp doesn't go away instantly. 5 mins is a good recov ery time. i had cramp in the swimming pool. nightmare.
    oohhh painfull :(

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
    brother why dnt u go doctors or get sumone to drive u ther inshaallah?

and u cn always pray sitting or evn lying down...
    :jkk: Sis for the advice, I shall make up my prayers soon inshallah

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

:jkk: :up:

You know hats weird? I was out and about earlier and it seemed to be ok when I walked fast but when i slowed down it would hurt slightly..............is that normal?
    You were stretching it out while walking fast.

Causes:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mus...SECTION=causes

Prevention:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mus...ION=prevention

Lifestyle and home remedies:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mus...ome%2Dremedies

Leave a comment:

• *hijab*
    replied

brother why dnt u go doctors or get sumone to drive u ther inshaallah?

and u cn always pray sitting or evn lying down...

Leave a comment:

• cyber_abdullah
    replied

My leg was up for 5 minutes before it worked!! lol :o
    cramp doesn't go away instantly. 5 mins is a good recov ery time. i had cramp in the swimming pool. nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Originally posted by cyber_abdullah View Post
    you need more sodium in diet, plus when you get a cramp, lie down on your back in bed and stick your leg in the air. sounds silly but it works.
    My leg was up for 5 minutes before it worked!! lol :o

Leave a comment:

• cyber_abdullah
    replied

Asalaam Alikum

Inshallah your all in the best of health and Iman.

Friday morning I woke up and stretched in bed and "ARRRGGGHHHHHH MY LEG!!!"................it was cramp. Always happens to my right leg too. Anyways, after about 5 minutes it wore off and I was able to get out the bed so wash. All day Friday I was fine but last night as I got into bed it twitcched and has continued ever since.................its still twitching now :( and I fear its going to hurt again if i move the leg suddenly or something.

Im scared to pray in case I cant get up again so havent prayed yet today :(

Does anyone have a cure or anything to help my leg? :o

Ive checked on the net earlier and attempted my own massaging of the calf which worked for about 10 minutes but then it twitched again.

Now its 7.54pm Saturday night and inshallah I want to pop into London tomorrow which will mean a lot of walking but I dont want to be hobbling round IslamExpo do i? lol

Help!! :o
    you need more sodium in diet, plus when you get a cramp, lie down on your back in bed and stick your leg in the air. sounds silly but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Yokel
    replied

Originally posted by Yokel View Post
    good point alhamdulilah
    thanx ;)

Leave a comment:

• Yokel
    replied

in ure case i suggest u massage oil over it
    good point alhamdulilah

Leave a comment:

• Yokel
    replied

Sounds a lil old skool to me, but I guess if it works then aye its all good :up:
    in ure case i suggest u massage oil over it

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

u kno the wood used to crush wheat? its round well i roll it up and down my shins lightly to hard. inshallah they will become thick n stronger. u all shud try this
    Sounds a lil old skool to me, but I guess if it works then aye its all good :up:

Leave a comment:

• Yokel
    replied

sorry? lol

So thats works yea? So what are you doing with the wood? Just rolling it softly? Rolling it while pressing down on the shin? Or lightly hitting the shin?
    u kno the wood used to crush wheat? its round well i roll it up and down my shins lightly to hard. inshallah they will become thick n stronger. u all shud try this

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

i hav a piece of round wood i roll on my shins to make them thicker inshallah
    sorry? lol

So thats works yea? So what are you doing with the wood? Just rolling it softly? Rolling it while pressing down on the shin? Or lightly hitting the shin?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X