• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kas1m
    replied
    Re: Cramp

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
    At least, you are not a baby. What if you were an infant?
    Enigma Jani, look at the words CRAMP (five letters) and BABY (four Letters) hence the cramp can't get in a baby lol

Leave a comment:

• Enigma Dreamer
    replied

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    getting a cramp is worse than torture actually. your like lip locked in the middle of the night trying to recover it and not scream with pain at the same time. can you picture it? lol
    At least, you are not a baby. What if you were an infant?

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    Good advice doc ;) if you stretch your leg after a cramp its torture so dont do it kids :up:
    getting a cramp is worse than torture actually. your like lip locked in the middle of the night trying to recover it and not scream with pain at the same time. can you picture it? lol

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    Looked like its your first cramp. i get cramps a lot in legs. dont know why but stretching your legs too much makes the cramp come back. once your cramped, you cant do anything about it just try to move your leg from place to place and it will be gone. and remember not to stretch too much of your leg
    Good advice doc ;) if you stretch your leg after a cramp its torture so dont do it kids :up:

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Asalaam Alikum

Inshallah your all in the best of health and Iman.

Friday morning I woke up and stretched in bed and "ARRRGGGHHHHHH MY LEG!!!"................it was cramp. Always happens to my right leg too. Anyways, after about 5 minutes it wore off and I was able to get out the bed so wash. All day Friday I was fine but last night as I got into bed it twitcched and has continued ever since.................its still twitching now :( and I fear its going to hurt again if i move the leg suddenly or something.

Im scared to pray in case I cant get up again so havent prayed yet today :(

Does anyone have a cure or anything to help my leg? :o

Ive checked on the net earlier and attempted my own massaging of the calf which worked for about 10 minutes but then it twitched again.

Now its 7.54pm Saturday night and inshallah I want to pop into London tomorrow which will mean a lot of walking but I dont want to be hobbling round IslamExpo do i? lol

Help!! :o
    Looked like its your first cramp. i get cramps a lot in legs. dont know why but stretching your legs too much makes the cramp come back. once your cramped, you cant do anything about it just try to move your leg from place to place and it will be gone. and remember not to stretch too much of your leg

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    this happened to me sometimes aswell and people said eat more bananas for the potassium, i think it does help
    I eat a banana a day but still I get these cramps! :(

Keep trying. It will get better, inshaaAllah. You are on the right truck already :) May Allah (s.w.) heal you quickly.
    Ameen :)

Its slowly going now..............another hot water bottle tonight and inshallah I will be able to drive to work tomorrow and much more importantly..............the Masjid :banbear:

Leave a comment:

• Enigma Dreamer
    replied

Im stuck at home cause still got after-effects on the cramp................feel scared to drive so am just resting and walking round the garden to 'exercise' it. :( Had a big day planned too (Woking Mela and Islamexpo)................*sighs*

But the hot water bottle worked a lot last night, as i slept easier :D
    Keep trying. It will get better, inshaaAllah. You are on the right truck already :) May Allah (s.w.) heal you quickly.

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

this happened to me sometimes aswell and people said eat more bananas for the potassium, i think it does help

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Im stuck at home cause still got after-effects on the cramp................feel scared to drive so am just resting and walking round the garden to 'exercise' it. :( Had a big day planned too (Woking Mela and Islamexpo)................*sighs*

But the hot water bottle worked a lot last night, as i slept easier :D

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

LOL was I the only person to notice Yokel's crazy bit there? :rotfl:

Leave a comment:

• Neurostyler
    replied

It's caused by an electrolyte imbalance. I agree with the advice to eat more fruit & veg. Drink more milk/ water as well.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah4lyff
    replied

Cramps, sometimes called Charley horses, are unpleasant, often painful, sensations caused by contraction or over shortening of muscles. Cramps can be caused by cold, overexertion or low calcium level in blood (especially for adolescents where they need calcium for both blood and bone maturing). Illness or poisoning can also cause cramps, particularly in the stomach, which is referred to as colic if it fits particular characteristics.

Taken From (click me)
    jazakallah kheir :up:

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Not really, don't expect any miraculous cure :) Everything takes time. Things like banana, milk etc should be part of your diet normally... they are not only good in this case but are good for so many other cases. Fruits, milk and vegs you know. As for the hot water, I guess it will probably take a few days. It ain't gonna go all of a sudden but you should see some difference gradually. Don't scald yourself though :)
    lol, ok ;) :jkk: once again for the advice doc

Leave a comment:

• Enigma Dreamer
    replied

Not really, don't expect any miraculous cure :) Everything takes time. Things like banana, milk etc should be part of your diet normally... they are not only good in this case but are good for so many other cases. Fruits, milk and vegs you know. As for the hot water, I guess it will probably take a few days. It ain't gonna go all of a sudden but you should see some difference gradually. Don't scald yourself though :)

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

Originally posted by Muslimah4lyff View Post
    what is a cramp? :embar:
    Cramps, sometimes called Charley horses, are unpleasant, often painful, sensations caused by contraction or over shortening of muscles. Cramps can be caused by cold, overexertion or low calcium level in blood (especially for adolescents where they need calcium for both blood and bone maturing). Illness or poisoning can also cause cramps, particularly in the stomach, which is referred to as colic if it fits particular characteristics.

Taken From (click me)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X