Cramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cramp

Im stuck at home cause still got after-effects on the cramp................feel scared to drive so am just resting and walking round the garden to 'exercise' it. :( Had a big day planned too (Woking Mela and Islamexpo)................*sighs*

But the hot water bottle worked a lot last night, as i slept easier :D

Comment

this happened to me sometimes aswell and people said eat more bananas for the potassium, i think it does help
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
        Im stuck at home cause still got after-effects on the cramp................feel scared to drive so am just resting and walking round the garden to 'exercise' it. :( Had a big day planned too (Woking Mela and Islamexpo)................*sighs*

But the hot water bottle worked a lot last night, as i slept easier :D
        Keep trying. It will get better, inshaaAllah. You are on the right truck already :) May Allah (s.w.) heal you quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
          this happened to me sometimes aswell and people said eat more bananas for the potassium, i think it does help
          I eat a banana a day but still I get these cramps! :(

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
          Keep trying. It will get better, inshaaAllah. You are on the right truck already :) May Allah (s.w.) heal you quickly.
          Ameen :)

Its slowly going now..............another hot water bottle tonight and inshallah I will be able to drive to work tomorrow and much more importantly..............the Masjid :banbear:

Comment

Asalaam Alikum

Inshallah your all in the best of health and Iman.

Friday morning I woke up and stretched in bed and "ARRRGGGHHHHHH MY LEG!!!"................it was cramp. Always happens to my right leg too. Anyways, after about 5 minutes it wore off and I was able to get out the bed so wash. All day Friday I was fine but last night as I got into bed it twitcched and has continued ever since.................its still twitching now :( and I fear its going to hurt again if i move the leg suddenly or something.

Im scared to pray in case I cant get up again so havent prayed yet today :(

Does anyone have a cure or anything to help my leg? :o

Ive checked on the net earlier and attempted my own massaging of the calf which worked for about 10 minutes but then it twitched again.

Now its 7.54pm Saturday night and inshallah I want to pop into London tomorrow which will mean a lot of walking but I dont want to be hobbling round IslamExpo do i? lol

Help!! :o
            Looked like its your first cramp. i get cramps a lot in legs. dont know why but stretching your legs too much makes the cramp come back. once your cramped, you cant do anything about it just try to move your leg from place to place and it will be gone. and remember not to stretch too much of your leg
            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
              Looked like its your first cramp. i get cramps a lot in legs. dont know why but stretching your legs too much makes the cramp come back. once your cramped, you cant do anything about it just try to move your leg from place to place and it will be gone. and remember not to stretch too much of your leg
              Good advice doc ;) if you stretch your leg after a cramp its torture so dont do it kids :up:

Comment

Good advice doc ;) if you stretch your leg after a cramp its torture so dont do it kids :up:
                getting a cramp is worse than torture actually. your like lip locked in the middle of the night trying to recover it and not scream with pain at the same time. can you picture it? lol

Comment

getting a cramp is worse than torture actually. your like lip locked in the middle of the night trying to recover it and not scream with pain at the same time. can you picture it? lol
                  At least, you are not a baby. What if you were an infant?

Comment

At least, you are not a baby. What if you were an infant?
                    Enigma Jani, look at the words CRAMP (five letters) and BABY (four Letters) hence the cramp can't get in a baby lol

Comment

Enigma Jani, look at the words CRAMP (five letters) and BABY (four Letters) hence the cramp can't get in a baby lol
                      Yeah that is why I mentioned a baby. How hard and painful it would be: the cramp trying to get into the baby although the baby has only four letters.

Comment

Yeah that is why I mentioned a baby. How hard and painful it would be: the cramp trying to get into the baby although the baby has only four letters.
                        No babies dont get cramps. they cant bear the pain. we lack protein or calcuim or potassuim thats why we get cramp or charley horses

Comment

No babies dont get cramps. they cant bear the pain. we lack protein or calcuim or potassuim thats why we get cramp or charley horses
                          Why not? Babies can also lack potassium and calcium.

Comment

Why not? Babies can also lack potassium and calcium.
                            no i dont think so as long as they get breastfed. normal milk yes i agree. But Allah said that everyday the breast milk changes according to the needs of the baby.

Comment

If I get leg cramps it's usually from dehydration after heavy exercise.

Drink more water, or those electrolyte sportsdrinks.
                              Avoid diuretics like coffee or energy drinks.
                              "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
                              ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

no i dont think so as long as they get breastfed. normal milk yes i agree. But Allah said that everyday the breast milk changes according to the needs of the baby.
                                I don't see any reason as to why cramp can be exclusive to adults only. I think babies can get it. Normal milk maybe rich in calcium but I don't think it has that much of potassium. Still, there are some other factors that can cause cramps. But let us leave it at that and keep the thread in topic. :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X