X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony
    replied
    Re: Tubectomy due to life threatening risk

If you have C-section, births thereafter will most probably be through C-section again. And obviously having too many C-sections isn't the best of options. Best bet would be to tie tubes up - ineffectively preventing anymore children. As far as I know some of these methods are reversible (it depends on how tubes are tied) so see whats available and pick accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

If I were in her shoes, I'd take the Drs advice and get the operation done. I know of some families who have taken the risk to have more children by C section and anecdotally, it appears that people can get away with having up to three or four children this way but anymore than that is like russian roulette.

Leave a comment:

• Salman Al-Farsi
    replied

Wa alaykum assalam

better to ask a scholar insha'Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Cardo
    started a topic Tubectomy due to life threatening risk

Tubectomy due to life threatening risk

Salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters.
    My sister is going to have her 3rd c-section and her doctor says that any more babies could result in a serious health risk for the mother and the baby, and has strongly recommended a tubectomy.
    The general opinion is that family planning is prohibited in Islam. Infact Islam encourages big families. But where there is a health risk (possibly life threatening), it is my opinion that tubectomy would be permitted.
    I would appreciate some comments and opinions so that I can think more clearly.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X