Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubectomy due to life threatening risk

Salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters.
    My sister is going to have her 3rd c-section and her doctor says that any more babies could result in a serious health risk for the mother and the baby, and has strongly recommended a tubectomy.
    The general opinion is that family planning is prohibited in Islam. Infact Islam encourages big families. But where there is a health risk (possibly life threatening), it is my opinion that tubectomy would be permitted.
    I would appreciate some comments and opinions so that I can think more clearly.

Re: Tubectomy due to life threatening risk

Wa alaykum assalam

better to ask a scholar insha'Allah.
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

If I were in her shoes, I'd take the Drs advice and get the operation done. I know of some families who have taken the risk to have more children by C section and anecdotally, it appears that people can get away with having up to three or four children this way but anymore than that is like russian roulette.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

If you have C-section, births thereafter will most probably be through C-section again. And obviously having too many C-sections isn't the best of options. Best bet would be to tie tubes up - ineffectively preventing anymore children. As far as I know some of these methods are reversible (it depends on how tubes are tied) so see whats available and pick accordingly.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X