Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you do yours? A Fajr research thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do yours? A Fajr research thread.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah bros and sis'

This is a research thread for an article that I want to write for a local newsletter on getting up to pray fajr. InshaAllah, if you find the resulting info useful or interesting then you could use it too, either directly in getting up for fajr salah, or for an article.

I am asking for your personal ways of getting up and praying fajr. This is particularly relevant in these months where the nights are very short and many are finding it difficult to wake for fajr.

I wanna know all of it inshaAllah.

So, I'm gonna start it off inshaAllah:

- Go to sleep early. Straight after Isha, especially don't stay up talking after witr.

- Put one alarm next to your head, to make sure you wake up, and one across the other side of the room, to make sure you get up. Leave a minute gap between the two.

Please put your practical solutions in bold as per above to make it easy to collate after reading.
    Also, no confessions please...

JazakAllah khair. Perhaps Allah swt will reward you equally with the one who uses your technique and manages to get up for fajr, without diminishing that persons reward in the least.

May Allah keep you well and allow your days to be brightened with the prayer of Fajr. Ameen.
    Last edited by Tosh; 12-06-08, 02:45 PM.

Re: How do you do yours? A Fajr research thread.

I just hear the adhan clock, its on the shelf over the bed so quite close to us and quite loud. And normally i dont sleep too late.. if I can't sleep and I end up still awake close to fajr time then i will get up and do something until fajr and then pray it, cos if fall asleep very close to the time its hard to wake up
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I mentioned this on another thread, but I use my alarm to wake me up. I specifically choose the Mortal Kombat theme music, because if you are in a deep sleep you'll think Sub Zero or Scorpion is waiting by your bed to kill you. So you'll get up faster. At least I do.
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
      [2:186]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

:wswrwb: well with only 3 hours between isha and fajr now, i just stay up till fajr because in general i find it hard to sleep early i dont sleep much before 1am anyway so might as well stay awake , but i still get up at 7.30 with my son alhamdulillah. other than that its an alarm clock to wake me.
        Last edited by *asiya*; 12-06-08, 02:56 PM.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

also, is there a specified punishment for missing fajr?

Comment

:start:

one alarm and the snooze button cos then you can nap if you dont feel like getting up straight away :D
            j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

i just set my alarm clock to the time, and then if i want just a few extra minutes of sleep, i may press snooze one or twice.

i get up, do 10 jumping jacks(lol) then make wudu. then i say the prayer.

then, i usually go back to sleep until the noon prayer comes, and then i get back up to do that. then, my day starts.

i've been told that i should stay up after fajr and not go back to sleep, but that this is mustahab and not a requirement, so i think it is ok if i go back to sleep! allahu alim, but i should still be getting up at that time and starting my day!
              Kyle

Comment

Drink lots of water before going to bed. That way, you MUST get up for Fajr.
                Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

I find that if a make sincere intention to wake up than I wake alarm or no alarm.
                  The day when We shall say to Hell, 'are you filled up'? It will say, 'is there something more'? Surah Qaf

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=fajr

:up:
                    Please join my facebook page:

> > > The Islamic Digest < < <

Comment

alhamdullilah where i lived before - neighbours got together and paired everyone up -

now 1 1/2 years later, in a new suburb - i wake up naturally, i set my alarm but mostly get up without it - got my brother to join me and my opposite neighbour (who normally used to sleep right through it)
                      www.MyUmmah.co.za - Islamic Content For the Ummah by the Ummah

Comment

i find this thread quite inspiring :o

mashaAllah tabarakAllah
                        :lailah:
                        ''And they will be given to drink there a cup mixed with zanjabeel. A spring there, called Salsabeel.'' (76:17-18)

Comment

i bought one of those cheap adhan clocks, when the alarm first went off, it was just sooooooo loud, that i would feel like im about to fall out of bed due to sudden fright!

i was really annoyed at first because it was absurdely loud and no volume to turn it down... i found it hard to return the clock and had to keep it but little did i know that the absurdely loud adhan (i mean it is LOUD) is exactly what promptly kicks me out of bed .

So Tip of the Day Is: do not buy adhan clocks with soothing soft adhan voices telling you to wake up...get the rough voiced ones that sound like your gonna get it if you dont wake up
                          Last edited by MG; 12-06-08, 11:43 PM.
                          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

just keep my alarm for Fajr time. I usually wake up right when the alarm sounds. Hardly ever snooze alhumdullah.
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

sleep on the floor in summer.
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X