Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women in Hijab and tight cloth

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    oh my days go back to your imam and ask him to explain that again to you.
    Not sure i fully appreciate the previous posters comments but i kinda understanding what he/she is saying.

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: (Qur'an 2:256)

Using this basis as an analogy, if one practices Islam through force (which is similar to lack of understanding) then they not fully grasp the true meaning of Islam and err on the wrong side of it.

So for her/his Iman to say that not understanding Islam is equivalen to not doing at all kinda makes sense.

Just an initial thought and am happy to be corrected!

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
      Not sure i fully appreciate the previous posters comments but i kinda understanding what he/she is saying.

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: (Qur'an 2:256)

Using this basis as an analogy, if one practices Islam through force (which is similar to lack of understanding) then they not fully grasp the true meaning of Islam and err on the wrong side of it.

So for her/his Iman to say that not understanding Islam is equivalen to not doing at all kinda makes sense.

Hello and thank you - this is exactly what i meant!

p.s. - i'm a giel. :o

Comment

i mean girl!

Comment

Originally posted by poppy22 View Post
          i mean girl!
          really? i thought you were some new alien life form

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post

Well seeing as you're happy to be corrected,

The ayah "there is no compulsion in religion" means "you cannot force anyone to accept islam", nothing else, far too many people misquote this ayah, and i blame it all on english translations.

As for 'forcing' a muslim to practice islam, there's no harm in that.

Now as for what her imam meant, he meant that if you don't know why you're doing it then it's as if you're not doing it, but if you don't do it then you are a sinner (feel free to ask her imam for clarification he'll just say what i'm saying), he most likely is a salafi and is following imam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullahs view, which is,

"...Most Muslims are born to two Muslim parents, essentially becoming Muslims by name, without there being any actual faith on their part. Then, when they reach puberty, from them are those that are blessed with actual faith, performing their obligations. Likewise, from them are those who perform these acts out of ingrained habit, and just to go along with his relatives, the people of the land in which he lives, etc. For example, he gives Zakah simply because it is a habitual tradition that the ruler collects tax, and not because he realizes either the generality or specifics of the obligation to pay it. So, in his eyes, there is no difference between the innovated tax, and the legislated Zakah. Such is the case with the inhabitant of Makkah who goes out to 'Arafat every year simply because this is the way it is done, without realizing the generality or specifics of this being an act of worship of Allah. Such is also the case with the one who goes out to fight the disbelievers simply because his people are fighting them, so, he goes along with his people in fighting the disbelievers, etc.

So, the acts of worship performed by such people is invalid, without a doubt. In fact, the texts of the Qur'an and Sunnah, as well as the consensus of the Ummah, are clear in the ruling that these actions do not fulfill the obligation placed upon their doer...

...So, the Islam of most people is by name, only. Rather, it (faith) only enters into their hearts during the course of the matter (i.e., later in their lives), if it enters at all. So, were this intention not to be obligatory upon them, they would not at all attempt to have it, and their hearts would be empty of it, and they would essentially be hypocrites, carrying out their actions out of habit and imitation, as is the case with many people."

['Majmu' al-Fatawa'; 26/32]
            However imam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah doesn't say that he should just leave it if he's just doing it out of habit etc, because imam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah held the view that if you don't make salaah then you're a kaafir, yet in this article he never mentioned about anyone being kaafir, which shows that the person MUST make salaah, fast, wear hijaab etc regardless of whether they understand why they're doing it or not.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Actually drinking is the more severe sin, "Umul khabaaith", mother of al dirt(sin).

A drunk man will rape, kill, fornicate, rob and drink drive .
              If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

im sorry, your statement is spot on but please don't prejudge people. Nowadays a lot of parents just tell their girls to wear the headscarf, not explaining properly why. you don't know whats in her heart, NOT that it is an excuse to disrespect the hijab.

Comment

Originally posted by pearls View Post
                  im sorry, your statement is spot on but please don't prejudge people. Nowadays a lot of parents just tell their girls to wear the headscarf, not explaining properly why. you don't know whats in her heart, NOT that it is an excuse to disrespect the hijab.
                  These 'girls' are usually in their mid-20s.
                  'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                    These 'girls' are usually in their mid-20s.
                    Not really. More like mid-teens.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                      Not really. More like mid-teens.
                      Nevertheless, they're still adults.
                      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

beyond me why people are so worried about others when they need to sort themselves out first.
                        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by DALEHYR View Post
                          You say that admiring the face cannot be without a sexual nature, however you also say its similar to the beauty of flower or a new born. Surely you cannot feel a sexual nature looking at flowers or a new born child? Can i ask you, would you like it if a group of men stared at your wifes beauty and started discussing it aloud because it needed to be celebrated. How would you feel? Or rather how would your wife feel? Be honest. There is admiration but then there is also decency and respect. Im sure you are wise enough to understand this sir... :)
                          Of course admiring the face can be without desire. I'm a heterosexual woman but I can still find women's faces and bodies beautiful but that doesn't mean I desire them!! Beauty of the face and body are not inherently sinful, in my opinion.

Comment

i saw 2 young girls (persians or arab, i cant tell the difference) in hijab at the eaton center with the tightest yoga pants ever. The really tight to the body kind.

I dont get it...if you are going to wear pants that outline every curve of your body, then dont wear hijab.

South asians and somalis just dress more modestly.

It might be a cultural thing.
                            Last edited by CARM; 12-08-11, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CARM View Post
                              i saw 2 young girls (persians or arab, i cant tell the difference) in hijab at the eaton center with the tightest yoga pants ever. The really tight to the body kind.

I dont get it...if you are going to wear pants that outline every curve of your body, then dont wear hijab.

South asians and somalis just dress more modestly.

It might be a cultural thing.
                              They later plan to dress better. I do not think it's right, but neither is it right to advise them to take it off because they might change and become better.

Comment

I don't get it...just keep 'em in your dua's. It could be that they've just started wearing hijab and are taking it one step at a time. Allahu a'lam.
                                Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X