Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women in Hijab and tight cloth

Originally posted by poppy22 View Post
    I disagree. You might as well NOT WEAR it if you don't understand the meaning behind it.
    Really? can you back that up from the qur'an and sunnah? or is that just your opinion?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Forget scarves and tight clothes - you've got fitted jubbas nowadays so a lady can be stylish with niqab
      Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Mauritian

I see you posted yet another identical thread about the same subject just because you didnt get the TYPE OF answers you wanted.

(Original posted under General just the other day).

I say again, STOP female bashing!

Your post is under CAMPAIGNS!!!??? Yeah so important NOT!
        Last edited by Russo; 12-06-08, 11:01 PM.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

I disagree. You might as well NOT WEAR it if you don't understand the meaning behind it.
          poppy

Your attitude really stinks if I may so.

SO according to your logic and reasoning, I guess if someone doesnt fully understand Arabic; they might aswell stop praying or reciting Qur'an then! *Sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by ibn Iyaaz View Post
            Be it contradictory or whatever in whosever opinion, the fact that they doing something is better than them not doing at all, rather than discourage them I feel it better to reflect on what I am doing contradictory and then make dua that we all get hidayaat. This goes for more than that stated above.
            Well said Bro!

Also if you see someone that is wearing tight clothes or showing their bare skin and wearing hijab at the same time...like i mentioned in the original thread; why not tactfully speak to them and tell them what they should be doing instead of gossiping behind their back or thinking evil thoughts about them.

If you cant speak to them - leave your thoughts to yourself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russo View Post
              Mauritian

I see you posted yet another identical thread about the same subject just because you didnt get the TYPE OF answers you wanted.

(Original posted under General just the other day).

I say again, STOP female bashing!

Your post is under CAMPAIGNS!!!??? Yeah so important NOT!
              No not searching for the "correct" answers just posted it in the wrong bit. Also i am not female bashing. its just so sad to see the hijab being disrespected.

Comment

assalam...i recognized a new moslemah from Denmark,an english teacher...i met her in syria,she wears really a good hijab...while we were discussing about hijab,her indications were carefull...in syria there are lots of youngs who are in inclination to imitate european clothes...yeah they all use scarves on their heads but how tightly they wear...we are so surprised even i am used to lots of women like them in my country...she mentioned these girls and told me how she was ashamed being a moslemah,hijabee when she met them in these clothes...she couldn't realize why they use scarves on their head if they don't import real hijab...she asked me if it was better to pluck out their scarves or not!after we knew their aim...yeah,it is so shamefull for all moslems...what could i say!!!
                wassalam...
                ...فنعم المولى ونعم النصير...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                  Really? can you back that up from the qur'an and sunnah? or is that just your opinion?
                  Abu Mus'ab a question specifically for you:

You see 2 Muslimahs in the street: one is in wearing a headscarf with leggings. Not jeans, black leggings with knee-high boots.

Muslimah number two doesn't cover her hair, but she wears loose and modest attire.

This is directed ONLY to you brother - I'm curious as to which you'd prefer to see. Girl with hair covered vs the one with no scarf.

Indulge me please.
                  If someone praises one of them (the believer), he says, "I know myself better than others [know me], and my Lord is more knowledgeable of me than myself. O Allah! Do not take me to task for what they say, and make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for those sins which they are unaware of."

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                    Abu Mus'ab a question specifically for you:

You see 2 Muslimahs in the street: one is in wearing a headscarf with leggings. Not jeans, black leggings with knee-high boots.

Muslimah number two doesn't cover her hair, but she wears loose and modest attire.

This is directed ONLY to you brother - I'm curious as to which you'd prefer to see. Girl with hair covered vs the one with no scarf.

Indulge me please.
                    I can't exactly answer that question because,

1: I have no idea what leggings are, and i have never seen knee high boots before so it's a bit difficult to picture, and i also don't know what you mean by 'modest attire'.

2: I don't spend my time "checking out" what women are wearing, so what i'd prefer to see is to not see them at all.

But if your question can be taken as "which would you prefer to see, a khimaari with immodest clothing, or a modestly dressed woman with no scarf?" then i would say "which would you prefer to see, a drunkard or a prostitute?" (Note: I am not saying these women are like drunkards and prostitutes :asta:) both are doing equally bad sins, so how can i choose one over the other?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

salam brothers/ sisters....

from what i know...if a sister is wearing a hijab but with tight clothes, then you should approach the sister and tell her with respect that she would look more beaituful if she's wearing a jilbab...brothers u dont have to approach :) you can just make dua for the sister... and sometimes SOMTIMES you have to blame the parents,

the other day i was in town and saw a brother with qamees and beard{masha allah} but then next to him was a sister with no scarf?! so its sad really...if we dont help these people then who will do it?
                      There is no such thing as an Israel,
                      It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                        I can't exactly answer that question because,

1: I have no idea what leggings are, and i have never seen knee high boots before so it's a bit difficult to picture, and i also don't know what you mean by 'modest attire'.

2: I don't spend my time "checking out" what women are wearing, so what i'd prefer to see is to not see them at all.

But if your question can be taken as "which would you prefer to see, a khimaari with immodest clothing, or a modestly dressed woman with no scarf?" then i would say "which would you prefer to see, a drunkard or a prostitute?" (Note: I am not saying these women are like drunkards and prostitutes :asta:) both are doing equally bad sins, so how can i choose one over the other?
                        "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

Who says it's a 'badder' sin? they're both among the kabaair sins, they are both mentioned in the hadith that a person is not a muslim (could be mu'min i can't remember) at the time of drinking, and it mentions the exact same for the thief and the adulterer as well, a drunk gets a hundred lashes, a fornicator gets 100 lashes, and a thief gets his hand cut off, so going by your logic the thief would be doing a badder sin than the prostitute.

I have no need to choose, i don't choose between iran and israel so why should i choose here?

Something to ponder on, an immodestly dressed woman wears a scarf and makes salaah, her salaah is not valid, a modestly dressed woman wears no scarf and makes salaah, her salaah is also not valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Russo View Post
                            poppy

Your attitude really stinks if I may so.

SO according to your logic and reasoning, I guess if someone doesnt fully understand Arabic; they might aswell stop praying or reciting Qur'an then! *Sarcasm*

Yes they must. An iman told me that doing these things without full understanding is the same as not doing them.

And i gotta add, i just joined here yesturday and some people on here are so big-headed and defensive about everything. People have different opinions - there are more respectful ways of disagreeing but i see you're not smart enough to grasp this.

Comment

Yes they must. An iman told me that doing these things without full understanding is the same as not doing them.

And i gotta add, i just joined here yesturday and some people on here are so big-headed and defensive about everything. People have different opinions - there are more respectful ways of disagreeing but i see you're not smart enough to grasp this.
                              when there is nothing to disagree about, you disagree anyways...

the understanding will come later, but if you don't work on the acts, then you won't master it and you will never gain the the understanding
                              May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

oh my days go back to your imam and ask him to explain that again to you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X