Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in Hijab and tight cloth

Re: Women in Hijab and tight cloth

Good point Masha'ALLAH. And another point i want to make is that both muslims and muslimahs should lower thier gaze Insha'ALLAH. Not gorping at peoples faces... :)
    Celebrated be the praises of thy Lord, the Lord of glory, above what they attribute!
    And peace be upon the apostles and praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds! [Holy Quran - As Saffat]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYo9kBYNQTw

Comment

May Almighty grant all of US Hidayah!

would like to share a story...

One day, a brilliantly beautiful and fragrant flower with attractive colors met a pearl that lives far in the bottom of the sea and has none of these characteristics.

Both got acquainted with each other.

The flower said: "Our family is large; roses and daisies are members of the family. And there are many other species that are various and countless, each has a distinctive scent, appearance.etc."

Suddenly, a tinge of distress appeared on the flower.

"Nothing accounts for sorrow in your talk; so why are depressed?" The pearl asked.

"Human beings deal with us carelessly; they slight us. They don't grow us for our sake but to get pleasure from our fragrance and beautiful appearance. They throw us on the street or in the garbage can after we are dispossessed of the most valuable properties; brilliance and fragrance" The flower sighed.

And then the flower said to the pearl: "Speak to me about your life! How do you live? How do you feel it? You are buried in the bottom of the sea."

The pearl answered: "Although I have none of your distinctive colors and sweet scents, humans think I am precious. They do the impossible to procure me. They go on long journeys, dive deep in the seas searching for me. You might be astounded to know that the further I lay, the more beautiful and brilliant I become. That's what upraises my value in their thought. I live in a thick shell isolated in the dark seas. However, I'm happy and proud to be in a safe zone far from wanton and mischievous hands and still the humans consider me highly valuable"

Do you know what the flower and the pearl symbolize?

The Flower is the UnHijabed Woman and the Pearl is the Hijabed Woman.
      Last edited by ammarcool; 11-06-08, 08:52 PM.

Comment

ditto It is becoming common place the hijab is seen as a fashion accesory to some
        When told that it was religiously permissible to say what pleases his persecuters without believing in it at the time of mihna, Ahmad ibn Hanbal said "If I remained silent and you remained silent, then who will teach the ignorant?".

Comment

Originally posted by DALEHYR View Post
          Good point Masha'ALLAH. And another point i want to make is that both muslims and muslimahs should lower thier gaze Insha'ALLAH. Not gorping at peoples faces... :)
          im not being disrespecful but can you not admire the beauty of a women or man without it being sexual.The face of a beautiful person is to be admired not coveted or desired.It is the same beauty i see in a perfect flower or my new born child, it is to be celebrated.The sin is in the observer not the observed surely?

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
            im not being disrespecful but can you not admire the beauty of a women or man without it being sexual.The face of a beautiful person is to be admired not coveted or desired.It is the same beauty i see in a perfect flower or my new born child, it is to be celebrated.The sin is in the observer not the observed surely?
            You say that admiring the face cannot be without a sexual nature, however you also say its similar to the beauty of flower or a new born. Surely you cannot feel a sexual nature looking at flowers or a new born child? Can i ask you, would you like it if a group of men stared at your wifes beauty and started discussing it aloud because it needed to be celebrated. How would you feel? Or rather how would your wife feel? Be honest. There is admiration but then there is also decency and respect. Im sure you are wise enough to understand this sir... :)
            Last edited by DALEHYR; 11-06-08, 08:48 PM.
            Celebrated be the praises of thy Lord, the Lord of glory, above what they attribute!
            And peace be upon the apostles and praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds! [Holy Quran - As Saffat]

Comment

Judgemental...

Everyone starts somewhere and perhaps they do not know exactly what the true meaning of hijab is and Insha'allah with time they will understand and they can do that if people help by explaining 'what and how'. As an example, people who do so may read this thread and everyone is saying it is wrong but no one is explaining why this wrong or what covering is or the reason behind it etc. Insha'allah this would help and perhaps people can post such constructive comments.

No offense intended to previous posts or those whom posted.
              (Ibn Taymiyyah)
              www.cage.ngo
              www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Re: Judgemental...

Originally posted by Nazias View Post
                Everyone starts somewhere and perhaps they do not know exactly what the true meaning of hijab is and Insha'allah with time they will understand and they can do that if people help by explaining 'what and how'. As an example, people who do so may read this thread and everyone is saying it is wrong but no one is explaining why this wrong or what covering is or the reason behind it etc. Insha'allah this would help and perhaps people can post such constructive comments.

No offense intended to previous posts or those whom posted.
                Good point Alhamdulilah... :)

Comment

Originally posted by DALEHYR View Post
                  You say that admiring the face cannot be without a sexual nature, however you also say its similar to the beauty of flower or a new born. Can i ask you, would you like it if a group of men stared at your wifes beauty and started discussing it aloud because it needed to be celebrated. How would you feel? Be honest. There is admiration but then there is also decency and respect. Im sure you are wise enough to understand this sir... :)
                  as i said its the sin in the observer not the observed.If my wife was disrespected what ever she wore ide defend her honour.For some dirty minded men its not the clothes or the modesty its their own dirty disrespectful nature.I wonder what they would be like if it was their daughter.Ive had muslim men show disrespect for my daughter in law and i have let them know my feelings but i dont think the majority of muslim men are like this.If i saw a kaff show disrespect for a muslim women ide let him know my feelings.We should all have the courage to oppose disrespect for any human.

Comment

New Muslim's Thoughts

The hijab is about modesty, not showing off, not trying to attract the opposite sex, and avoiding causing envy. Islam advises both sexes, not just women, to dress modestly. - Hilary Saunders, Covert
                    (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                    www.cage.ngo
                    www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
                      Are you suggesting that admiration of beauty is some how detached from desire and emotion?

So you look at something and it awe strikes you? how does your sense quantify it?
                      If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

I used to see this girl on the way to work and she used to wear a hijab with tight jeans and tee-shirts. I was confused (and i have nothing against what people wear) but i thought it just contradicts the whole point of wearing it.

Now don't get me wrong - i am a muslim and i dont wear a hijab and wear mainly westernised clothing but she looked just wrong. Like someone on this thread said - some people see it as a fasion accessory.

Comment

another thing....

I don't think you should wear one just cause you are a muslim. You must wear one if you know why you are wearing it and what it represents.

Comment

Be it contradictory or whatever in whosever opinion, the fact that they doing something is better than them not doing at all, rather than discourage them I feel it better to reflect on what I am doing contradictory and then make dua that we all get hidayaat. This goes for more than that stated above.
                            The day when We shall say to Hell, 'are you filled up'? It will say, 'is there something more'? Surah Qaf

Comment

Originally posted by ibn Iyaaz View Post
                              Be it contradictory or whatever in whosever opinion, the fact that they doing something is better than them not doing at all, rather than discourage them I feel it better to reflect on what I am doing contradictory and then make dua that we all get hidayaat. This goes for more than that stated above.
                              I disagree. You might as well NOT WEAR it if you don't understand the meaning behind it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X