The strong behind the weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strong behind the weak

I always find it very interesting seeing Muslim couples and families out and about. What really amazes me is how one knows they are Muslim, not from the man's appearance but from the lady's appearance: hijab, jilbaab , niqaab.

I find it quite disappointing that the flag of Islam is being carried by the lady and not the man. The man is supposed to be the stronger one. Why does he then not look more distinct like a Muslim?

With the warm weather now, you find the Muslim man dressed in three quarters, short sleeve, all fashionable and the lady with her jilbaab. Remove the lady from the group and you would not know they are Muslim!

Brothers, our sisters are holding the flag of Islam so high, in all walks of life, what are we, the men, doing? We should be proud to look like Muslims. Implement the Sunnah attire. Our sisters are instantly recognisable as Muslims, are we? If not, why not?

Re: The strong behind the weak

but there is nothing to say men can not wear short sleeves and things, as long as the clothes are not tight and like gay looking :S from the beard u can tell they are a Muslim, so i wouldn't think bad of them.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    ďPeople praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.Ē
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

i've seen lot of this happening as well like you said, sisters fully covered whilst their husbands or whoever their with dressing like a westerner ashamed to be reckognised as a muslim, but to show everyone he is he has his wife covered to show people he is.

Comment

Men do look like Muslims with their beards and their pants that do not go below the ankle plus in the Quran in says that:

(28) Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of All‚h, And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from All‚h and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taur‚t (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. All‚h has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Isl‚mic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
        Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
          but there is nothing to say men can not wear short sleeves and things, as long as the clothes are not tight and like gay looking :S from the beard u can tell they are a Muslim, so i wouldn't think bad of them.
          Sorry, I do not think bad of them, but I do think that Muslim men should adopt a more modest Muslim outlook.
          Also it is sometimes give the impression to nonMuslims that we force out ladies to wear the covering even in summer, while we men walk around enjoying ourselves.
          Finally, for some ladies with weaker faith/practice, the support of their husband in his attire makes it easier for her to bear.

Comment

absolutely agree, men are also ordered to cover their awra and most jeans and trousers dont cut it, at all.. u can see the shape of their body quite clearly audu billah they should be wearing long tops that cover from their navels to their knees or at least trousers baggy enough in the thighs to hide their awra fully. and you would be hard pressed to find a muslim man with a beard in my area i only have seen three the rest are all clean shaven :(
            Last edited by *asiya*; 10-06-08, 10:06 AM.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:salams

There are man who are non-Muslims but do have beard. It's not the non beardo Muslims who presents Islam rather they are earning less reward themselves by excluding a sunnah our Prophet:saw: followed.
              None can really degrade The true Islam. One who wants to understand always can by reading Quran and sunnah. Once the ruling authority of the Ummah is according to the Law of Allah these issues won't be anymore bothering.
              Anyway a man's awra( minimum dress code) is from his Navel to knees so how come three quarter be a problem?
              :jkk:
              :start:
              ''And the one who fears Allah, he makes for him a way out'' ](Quran65:2)

Comment

I don't want to bash on you, you have good intentions. But often we need to wear dress pants and shirts, or even casual professional attire to work.
                " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
                  I don't want to bash on you, you have good intentions. But often we need to wear dress pants and shirts, or even casual professional attire to work.
                  We're veering off course.
                  I was talking about Muslim families and couples, out and about.

I do understand the requirements for work.
                  This is about when there are no such restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by shariff2 View Post
                    We're veering off course.
                    I was talking about Muslim families and couples, out and about.

I do understand the requirements for work.
                    This is about when there are no such restrictions.
                    Oh, like just going for an outing. Hrmm, interesting. The way I see it, going to work 5 days a week wearing the same dress, kinda makes you more comfortable in it? Having a beard, regardless of what you wear below it, will still get you looks. TO be honest, it would get you MORE looks if your wear dress pants and shirt, because stereotype portrays us to Be wearing a khafiyah and a thobe running around going durka durka jihaad.
                    " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Working...
                    X