X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid 4 Cinematic Introduction

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/218621.html

I really thought I was watching Black Hawk Down, amazing introduction :up:
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Cinematic Introduction

the second MGS was rubbish - made no sense whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post

True, I think Raiden's involvement did wack up the whole thing but the characters redeem themselves in this one I hear.

Comment

the storyline in mgs2 was a bit iffy and made me think "ok this is a bit over the top..." but the gameplay was awesome

Comment

any of you guys care to explain what YOU think was going in MGS 2 coz i still dont have a clue :D-
          at one point the colonel started going all mental and saying wierd stuff like turn the computer off and other crap - and saying messages that didnt make sense

Comment

any of you guys care to explain what YOU think was going in MGS 2 coz i still dont have a clue :D-
            at one point the colonel started going all mental and saying wierd stuff like turn the computer off and other crap - and saying messages that didnt make sense
            Private Sub(ByVal System.EventArgs)
            Me.geek_mode.on
            End Sub

ok

I'll explain it all cos im probably the biggest geek around here for light years :p

Basically when colonel campbell is 'going crazy' its a sign to the player that the person who is supposed to be colonel campbell isn't actually colonel campbell. Remember when otacon says to raiden that the codec signal is coming from within the base? then he explains its because who he thinks is colonel campbell is actually a computer, which has colonel campbells voice stored in it and is 'programmed to act in accordance with the expectations of the player'

So all the way through Raiden was actually talking to a computer. The reason the colonel gets all weird is because the computer begins to malfunction, due to the base 'effing' up a bit near the end of the game, what with Arsenal Gear getting to launch and the MG Rays getting ready to kill!

As for the end part with the LOOONG (but pretty cool) codec conversation between raiden, the colonel and raidens girl (forgot her name, eva? or was that the girl from mgs3?), anyways, they mention that the the 'events og mgs1' were the preliminaries for an investigation carried out by the US governent to then create lifeforms which can be all expectant of certain war situations (a bit like the genome soldiers experiments from mgs1).

And then at the end ocelot says the whole thing was a massive charade, the oil cleaning facility set up after the tanker explosion, designed to hide arsenal gear was all a big charade (which is a bit of a crappy twist).

Then you have those 12 guys called 'the patriots' who are then continuously mentioned by ocelot are essentially confessed as the ones calling all the shots in the us government, as in they control eveyrthing (as earlier mentioned by the "us president" himself before raiden has to kill him lol).

THEN comes the part when the black woman (forgot her name, she has white hair and thinks she can dodge bullets), finds out that she hasnt actually been able to dodge bullets and rather, she just has this walkman style thing impregnated inside her that creates a magnetic field to dodge bullets away from her, which ocelot also has strapped to him. then ocelot just kills the woman lol which is expected.

AND THEN comes the best part when otacon digs up the dirt on 'the patriots', and finding out that "theyre all dead", and then snake asks "well when did it happen" and then otacons like "well, er about a hundred years ago", and then snake is like "what the hell" :D

yeh so there, if someone has given a more concise shorter explanation then all good :p

Comment

I purchased a ps3 just for this game.

When's the release date? 11th is it not?
              “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mu'adh View Post
                I purchased a ps3 just for this game.

When's the release date? 11th is it not?
                The 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
                  Private Sub(ByVal System.EventArgs)
                  Me.geek_mode.on
                  End Sub

ok

I'll explain it all cos im probably the biggest geek around here for light years :p

Basically when colonel campbell is 'going crazy' its a sign to the player that the person who is supposed to be colonel campbell isn't actually colonel campbell. Remember when otacon says to raiden that the codec signal is coming from within the base? then he explains its because who he thinks is colonel campbell is actually a computer, which has colonel campbells voice stored in it and is 'programmed to act in accordance with the expectations of the player'

So all the way through Raiden was actually talking to a computer. The reason the colonel gets all weird is because the computer begins to malfunction, due to the base 'effing' up a bit near the end of the game, what with Arsenal Gear getting to launch and the MG Rays getting ready to kill!

As for the end part with the LOOONG (but pretty cool) codec conversation between raiden, the colonel and raidens girl (forgot her name, eva? or was that the girl from mgs3?), anyways, they mention that the the 'events og mgs1' were the preliminaries for an investigation carried out by the US governent to then create lifeforms which can be all expectant of certain war situations (a bit like the genome soldiers experiments from mgs1).

And then at the end ocelot says the whole thing was a massive charade, the oil cleaning facility set up after the tanker explosion, designed to hide arsenal gear was all a big charade (which is a bit of a crappy twist).

Then you have those 12 guys called 'the patriots' who are then continuously mentioned by ocelot are essentially confessed as the ones calling all the shots in the us government, as in they control eveyrthing (as earlier mentioned by the "us president" himself before raiden has to kill him lol).

THEN comes the part when the black woman (forgot her name, she has white hair and thinks she can dodge bullets), finds out that she hasnt actually been able to dodge bullets and rather, she just has this walkman style thing impregnated inside her that creates a magnetic field to dodge bullets away from her, which ocelot also has strapped to him. then ocelot just kills the woman lol which is expected.

AND THEN comes the best part when otacon digs up the dirt on 'the patriots', and finding out that "theyre all dead", and then snake asks "well when did it happen" and then otacons like "well, er about a hundred years ago", and then snake is like "what the hell" :D

yeh so there, if someone has given a more concise shorter explanation then all good :p

looks like someone was payin attention :D i didnt understand any of what was going on while playing the game, understand a bit more now :up:

i forgot how this one ends - you remember? i remember something about new york i think and a fight at the end with some guy

do they explain how comes dead people are running the show?

they made this one waaay to complicated, ruined the whole game

Comment

MGS 1 was classic. Mgs 2 i played and completed it. I actually enjoyed it and it was easy. However in mgs3 i think i nearly completed it. Cant remember.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

What? It was good yo!
                      " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                        http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/218621.html

I really thought I was watching Black Hawk Down, amazing introduction :up:
                        they made a game about me *shocked*

well not so shocked it was bound to happen sooner or later *cool*
                        FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
                        OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
                        Donate to syria.
                        *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

Gta Iv>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mgs

Cod Iv >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>msg
                          May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

These kind of games entertain me for a max of 30mins. Thereafter I find them so boring.

Manhunt however was fab, loved it!
                            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

As salaamu alaykum,

I've been thrilled about the release of MGS4 up until recently after reading that one of the settings in the story is to be the Middle East, much to my disappointment.

I guess I can play the online MGS instead.

Wa salaam,

Armand
                              [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][FONT="Garamond"]When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way {Qur'an 2:186}[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X