Job application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job application

:salams This morning i have received application form from the job that i have always wanted alhamdulilah.:hidban: I'm soo excited at the same time i'm soo confused its my first time appyling for any job and i was wondering do i have to send a cover letter and a cv with the application form, or just fill it in and send the application form back.

Re: Job application

Originally posted by MizMuslimahUK View Post
    :salams This morning i have received application form from the job that i have always wanted alhamdulilah.:hidban: I'm soo excited at the same time i'm soo confused its my first time appyling for any job and i was wondering do i have to send a cover letter and a cv with the application form, or just fill it in and send the application form back.
    Attach a cover letter and CV (Just 1.5 page or 2 page) unless they specifically ask not to attach any documents, you can even provide references.
    All the best.

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
    Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
    Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
    Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Have you read all the info they have sent you and the application? if it does not mention anywhere what they want, i think you might want to give them a call and find out.Don't be embarrassed feeling what they will think of you;you are only trying to get it right!plus they may not neccesarily ask you name so they won't chuck your application straight in the bin when you have returned it to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You send a cover letter and CV together, if it's an application form then you send just that, because the application form will have sections to fill in, which would cover the same info on your CV. Some places either tell you to call them to request an application form or ask you to send a cover letter and CV. Personally, I think cover letter and CV are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
          You send a cover letter and CV together, if it's an application form then you send just that, because the application form will have sections to fill in, which would cover the same info on your CV. Some places either tell you to call them to request an application form or ask you to send a cover letter and CV. Personally, I think cover letter and CV are better.
          Looks like you have plenty of experience in applying

Comment

:jkk: for your replies. I just remembered that i sent a cover letter and a cv a while ago to this placement and just now they sent me an applicaton form so i'm assuming they still have my details and i dont need to send it again. Please correct me if otherwise :)

Comment

Originally posted by MizMuslimahUK View Post
              :jkk: for your replies. I just remembered that i sent a cover letter and a cv a while ago to this placement and just now they sent me an applicaton form so i'm assuming they still have my details and i dont need to send it again. Please correct me if otherwise :)
              Oh if you have already sent it once, I think they will most certainly have your details. But, it is better if you can call them up and confirm

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
              Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
              Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
              Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Originally posted by (*_Hamzah View Post
                Looks like you have plenty of experience in applying
                I've been in the same job for almost four years. I've requested application forms, but never got round to filling them in and sending them back before the closing date. @) hate application forms. I'm more into letter writing.

I've recently applied for a job that I really really want, pretty confident I'll get an interview... Insha'Allah.

I just remembered that i sent a cover letter and a cv a while ago to this placement and just now they sent me an applicaton form so i'm assuming they still have my details and i dont need to send it again. Please correct me if otherwise
                Was it a speculative letter or for a specific position? did they send you an application form out of blue or did you request it? I think you should fill in the application form and send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
                  I've been in the same job for almost four years. I've requested application forms, but never got round to filling them in and sending them back before the closing date. @) hate application forms. I'm more into letter writing.

I've recently applied for a job that I really really want, pretty confident I'll get an interview... Insha'Allah.

RHS Chelsea flower cooperation are still recruiting?

Comment

application forms are so last century
                    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

:wswrwb:

Its good to fill it up that application form and send back to them. Based on my experience, for some companies there are some pre-defined formats/standards for every stuffs! so even the people who are applying for the jobs too should follow there formats when applying for jobs.

In some cases they will double check the informations that you have provided in the CV with the details that you are going to fill it up in your application form. Make sure that the details in your CV and the application forms are identical.

All the very best for you!

:)

:jkk:

Comment

Working...
                      X