Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you look towards the future or reminisce on the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you look towards the future or reminisce on the past?

Assalamualaykum,

For me, I anticipate what the future has planned for moi, as that's where I'm heading; as we all are [d'oh! :o].

The past for me - although it does have some happy moments - is mostly tainted by bitterness now, so yeah that's that.

So, "Do you look towards the future or reminisce on the past?"

Walaykumassalam.
    Future.
    36.00%
    Past.
    4.00%
    Neither - I focus on the present.
    60.00%

Re: Do you look towards the future or reminisce on the past?

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
    Assalamualaykum,

For me, I anticipate what the future has planned for moi, as that's where I'm heading; as we all are [d'oh! :o].

The past for me - although it does have some happy moments - is mostly tainted by bitterness now, so yeah that's that.

Walaykumassalam.
    Theres no point thinking about the past as it has already happened, but the future is something that only Allah (swt) knows and something that only you, with the help of Allah (swt) can make happen.

For me personally, I look to the future and see myself gaining more and more Islamic knowledge and such, thus to allow me to pass on that knowledge and be a shining example to my kids...................so I am not only looking at my future but also what I can pass on to inshallah my furture children :)

Comment

Assalamualaykum,

Walaykumassalam.
      Salam Akhi,

Both, a Muslim is supposed to look at his past, correct him/herself and look to the future in terms of how he can improve and better Him/herself in Imaan ...

The Struggle for self improvement will last till the last breath ...

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
        Salam Akhi,

Both, a Muslim is supposed to look at his past, correct him/herself and look to the future in terms of how he can improve and better Him/herself in Imaan ...

The Struggle for self improvement will last till the last breath ...

Walaykumassalam bro,

Jazakullah for enlightening me with such knowledge, but the point i was trying to raise was, what do individuals place their emphasis on? The Past? The Present? or the Future?

Of course, i can't not agree with what you're saying, because it makes sense. However, i was referring to the "I", and not the "WE" as muslims - which i should have obviously considered prior to making this thread.

Comment

focus on the present
          don't plan for the future, my plans always seem to fail
          can't change the past no point dwelling on it, cept when i hear ranjha those were the days :rotfl:
          Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Walaykumassalam bro,

Jazakullah for enlightening me with such knowledge, but the point i was trying to raise was, what do individuals place their emphasis on? The Past? The Present? or the Future?

Of course, i can't not agree with what you're saying, because it makes sense. However, i was referring to the "I", and not the "WE" as muslims - which i should have obviously considered prior to making this thread.
            Bismillah,

Peace be Upon those who receive Guidance!

The Emphasis should be placed on the Present & Future, as the Past cannot be changed, and our decisions regarding it have been done, and made ... the Present & Future, we have a Choice ...

But our choices should not entail repeating the very same mistakes as we did in the past ...

Akhi when I said We as Muslims, it included every Muslim, including me ... what we should do in the future, our main aims is not left to personal opinions ...

Allah Tabarakwata'ala says it is those who have Patience and Perseverance that will succeed, those who Strive, Struggle do Jihad ...

I will do exactly as I said in the previous Post, I will try to make tawbah for all the Sins I committed before my last breath, look to earning more Sawabs in the future, so that my scale of Good deeds far outweighs that of my Sins ... look to how I can Improve myself, ie, More Nafl Ibaadah, ask for Forgiveness more often, seek ways to learn more about Islam,and that which Allah has made Halal that concerns me, and seek to rid myself of all Qardh ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Ponder over my past mistakes and try to correct them in the present, and make dua that I won't commit them again in the future. A lil bit of everything
              " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Should be an option for both.. or all three.

Regardless of what people say everyone at some point in their lives has thought about their past and wished they had done something different....

Most of the time I concentrate on what the future has in store, but i do think about my past quite often...

like sometimes ill write a test pass it in and realize i made a dumb mistake and think about it for like 30 minutes just kicking myself ..

Comment

Focus on your past, except your mistakes, learn from them and move on.
                  Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله...
                    inshAllah there is an occasion for Moslems,that's tawbah...
                    I said that: I am so alone
                    You(Allah azza wa jalla) said that:
                    فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ
                    ...I am indeed near...
                    186. And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.) Bakara -186.

I said :oh Allah! You are indeed near to me but how am I allowed to be near to You...
                    You said:
                    ﴿وَاذْكُر رَّبَّكَ فِي نَفْسِكَ تَضَرُّعًا وَخِيفَةً وَدُونَ الْجَهْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالاٌّصَالِ وَلاَ تَكُنْ مِّنَ الْغَـفِلِينَ

(205. And remember your Lord within yourself, humbly and with fear and without loudness in words in the mornings and in the afternoons, and be not of those who are neglectful).Araf- 205.

I said: I need Your help for also this...
                    You said :

أَلاَ تُحِبُّونَ أَن يَغْفِرَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ

...Do you not love that Allah should forgive you...
                    (22. And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give to their kinsmen, the poor, and those who left their homes for Allah's cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.)Noor- 22.

I said:oh Allah! I surely demand of it...
                    You said :
                    وَاسْتَغْفِرُواْ رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُواْ إِلَيْهِ
                    ...And ask forgiveness of your Lord and turn unto Him in repentance...
                    (90. "And ask forgiveness of your Lord and turn unto Him in repentance. Verily, my Lord is Most Merciful, Most Loving.'') Hud-90.
                    I said: but I am so sinner how can I hope...
                    أَلَمْ يَعْلَمُواْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ يَقْبَلُ التَّوْبَةَ عَنْ عِبَادِهِ
                    ...Know they not that Allah accepts repentance from His servants...
                    (104. Know they not that Allah accepts repentance from His servants and accepts the Sadaqat, and that Allah alone is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful) Tawbah- 104.
                    I said: but I quashed my repentance(tawbah)for many times...
                    You said:
                    اللَّهِ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ - غَافِرِ الذَّنبِ وَقَابِلِ التَّوْبِ
                    ...the Almighty, the All-Knower. The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance...
                    (2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Almighty, the All-Knower.) (3. The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower. La ilaha illa Huwa, to Him is the final return.) Ghafir-2,3.
                    I said :if I ask again and again for my forgiveness could You accept my receptance...
                    You said:

وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ
                    ...and none can forgive sins but Allah...

(135. And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (immoral sin) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; and none can forgive sins but Allah, and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.)Al i imran-135.
                    I said oh Allah how glorious You are I don t have anyone but only You
                    ﴿أَلَيْسَ اللَّهُ بِكَافٍ عَبْدَهُ
                    ...Is not Allah Sufficient for His servant...
                    (36. Is not Allah Sufficient for His servant Yet they try to frighten you with those besides Him! And whom Allah sends astray, for him there will be no guide.)Zumar-36.

I said: but how can I appreciate You...
                    You said:
                    ﴿يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ اذْكُرُواْ اللَّهَ ذِكْراً كَثِيراً - وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلاً - هُوَ الَّذِى يُصَلِّى عَلَيْكُمْ وَمَلَـئِكَتُهُ لِيُخْرِجَكُمْ مِّنَ الظُّلُمَـتِ إِلَى النُّورِ وَكَانَ بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَحِيماً - تَحِيَّتُهُمْ يَوْمَ يَلْقَوْنَهُ سَلَـمٌ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ أَجْراً كَرِيماً

(41. O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance.) (42. And glorify His praises morning and Asila.) (43. He it is Who sends Salah on you, and His angels too, that He may bring you out from darkness into light. And He is Ever Most Merciful to the believers.)Ahzab 41, 42, 43.
                    ...فنعم المولى ونعم النصير...

Comment

focus on the present
                      don't plan for the future, my plans always seem to fail
                      can't change the past no point dwelling on it
                      :)

Comment

there is no such thing as future.. the future is tomorrow.. and tomorrow is yesterday 48hours later ... duuhhh ...

btw i agree.. Allaah has set paths for us All.. the future in my eyes is Akhirah.. that is my ultimate goal.. paradise. if i die today i wanna die knowing that i prayed my last salah the best way i could.. that Allaah was on my mind, in my thoughts and most of all my heart..

the present moulds your past and your future.. so if you devote today for Allaah inshAllaah when tomorrow comes, you can say yesterday i devoted my time to Allaah.. and the rest is up to Him..

Comment

i focuss on the present bc it is in my hand

don't look back as it is alreay passed

future yah sometime i think about it too bc we have to draw a mape of future in our mind wot next we have to do :up:

but mostly focus on present
                          [SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]I said to GOD that" I hate life"GOD repied
                          Who asked u to love life.Just love me and life will be
                          BEAUTIFUL"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X